Chandi Di Vaar

I haven't read Chandi di Vaar because my rehat isn't good enough and thus im not an expert or anything but I want to ask what you guys think about the story of CHANDI DI VAAR...When was it created and why?

I have always been told that Chandi di Vaar was Rajiya (written) by Dasame Patasha Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj when he was at Anandpur Sahib and was battling against argunzeb (or whatever his name was)...and then Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji's fauj met these Pandits who though they could Pargat Durga Mata and therefore Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji new that they could do no such thing so Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji decided to prove them wrong and allowed his fauj to give them a chance...well this went on for several nights and these Pandits wasted alot of Keh, Badam and what not...but they failed to Pargat Chandi Devi...so the Pandits decided to run because they knew that they where going to get beaten up by Singhs if the Singhs found out that they failed to Pargat Durga Devi...when Guru Ji's Singh fauj found out about this they went to Guru Ji and Guru Ji said that get these Pandits and i'll show them how to Pargat the true Devi...

When the Singhs found these Pandits they beat them up and took them to Guru Ji, and Guru Ji told them that the Devi and Devta thing there doing is useless, and that the only Devi that existed was the the Kirpan, so Guru Ji took his Kirpan out the Scabard and ailaned that this was 'Chandi' and wrote Chandi di Vaar which gave a true Guru Ji's soldier the Fateh to take on Seva Lakh at a time when it was read in love and devotion to Waheguru and Shaster...

So what im asking is that in Chandi di Vaar...is Chandi the Sword or is Chandi the Goddess

your oppinions are much appreciated...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read Chandi di Vaar because my rehat isn't good enough and thus im not an expert or anything but I want to ask what you guys think about the story of CHANDI DI VAAR...When was it created and why?

I have always been told that Chandi di Vaar was Rajiya (written) by Dasame Patasha Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj when he was at Anandpur Sahib and was battling against argunzeb (or whatever his name was)...and then Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji's fauj met these Pandits who though they could Pargat Durga Mata and therefore Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji new that they could do no such thing so Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji decided to prove them wrong and allowed his fauj to give them a chance...well this went on for several nights and these Pandits wasted alot of Keh, Badam and what not...but they failed to Pargat Chandi Devi...so the Pandits decided to run because they knew that they where going to get beaten up by Singhs if the Singhs found out that they failed to Pargat Durga Devi...when Guru Ji's Singh fauj found out about this they went to Guru Ji and Guru Ji said that get these Pandits and i'll show them how to Pargat the true Devi...

When the Singhs found these Pandits they beat them up and took them to Guru Ji, and Guru Ji told them that the Devi and Devta thing there doing is useless, and that the only Devi that existed was the the Kirpan, so Guru Ji took his Kirpan out the Scabard and ailaned that this was 'Chandi' and wrote Chandi di Vaar which gave a true Guru Ji's soldier the Fateh to take on Seva Lakh at a time when it was read in love and devotion to Waheguru and Shaster...

So what im asking is that in Chandi di Vaar...is Chandi the Sword or is Chandi the Goddess

your oppinions are much appreciated...

161818[/snapback]

Sorry buddy, I already got 2 warnings. Third 1 is not needed.

LOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gif

Bachera khalsa fauji can't help it, can you?

I am sure you pmed him your msn and told him to add you so you can spew poison against sri dasam granth sahib. Did you not?

161828[/snapback]

No. False allegations.

No poison and also i din send him my msn. Din even send a message.

161832[/snapback]

ok can i ask you ?

When is your dasam granth sahib research be available to the public? I know someone who is writing a thesis on sri dasam granth sahib and how it's dasam granth is dasam patsah mukhvauk. Stuff he got in his academica thesis for dasam granth will defaniately bring rain of acid towards people who don't beleive in dasam granth.

stay tuned !

Bachera khalsa fauji can't help it, can you?

I am sure you pmed him your msn and told him to add you so you can spew poison against sri dasam granth sahib. Did you not?

161828[/snapback]

yup he sure did :T:

naa, he didn't...baitchare nu aimvi na badnam kari jao

by the way The Khalsa Fauji Ji tusi ki kaina chonde si ?

guru pyare ji lets not drag this question about chandi di vaar into a topic questioning the authenticity of dasam siri guru granth sahib ji -

Our ardas begins with - vaar siri bhagauti ji ki - extract from chandi di vaar!

pritham bhagauti simara kai guru nanak leeeei dhiaae - first i meditate upon bhagauti the feminine source of shakti then i focus upon guru nanak ji.

bhagauti is the manifestation of divine energy in the universe - for us sikhs the kirpan is this manifestation

Sat Sri Akal:

Pandits/Brahmins of the time had all the scriptures of the Hindus locked away behind the code of Sanskrit. Guru Sahib saw the sad state of India, in which the common person was cowed down and had no access to religious scriptures. To revitalize the spirit of the people, Guru Sahib translated scriptures such as Chandi Di Vaar, which details how the Goddess Chandi fought off the demons single-handedly, as well as other scriptures to make them accessable to the general public.

The story you are detailing is of a Pandit who stated to Guru Sahib that he could make Chandi appear and provide blessings for the Sikhs in the battlefield. Guru Sahib, at the behest of the Sangat, obliged the Pandit and the Pandit tried for a long time with no success. So, thinking he was all Mr. Smarty Dhoti, he said that for Chandi Devi to present herself, a great soul must be sacrificed for the cause (implying that Guru Sahib give his life). Guru Sahib replied that there was no greater soul than Pandit Ji (that put a knot in his Janeoo). Pandit Sahib said he needed one day to ponder this and slipped out into the night.

Guru Sahib, seeing that the Pandit had escaped, threw all the stuff the Pandit had been using for Havan into the fire and a great flame erupted. At this instant, Guru Sahib unsheathed his sword and roared that the Sri Sahib (sword) was Chandi.