Beadbi This Sunday 7/5

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

There is a weding taking place in Magna Adventure Centre. I heard aboout it and told the campaign ppl. They dont want to tell the sangat as they r talking to the family and dont want to upset them or somethin. I feel the sangat shud b allowed to decide, afterall the Guru is all of ours not just theirs. The wedding is on sunday 7 may. Guru Ji will be disrespected.

the telephone number of the magna place is 01709 72 0002.

Please remember speak politely. Not like these campaign ppl, they have got to me now.

Bhul chuk maf

Das

Amandeep Singh

Leeds.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

There is a weding taking place in Magna Adventure Centre. I heard aboout it and told the campaign ppl. They dont want to tell the sangat as they r talking to the family and dont want to upset them or somethin. I feel the sangat shud b allowed to decide, afterall the Guru is all of ours not just theirs. The wedding is on sunday 7 may. Guru Ji will be disrespected.

the telephone number of the magna place is 01709 72 0002.

Please remember speak politely. Not like these campaign ppl, they have got to me now.

Bhul chuk maf

Das

Amandeep Singh

Leeds.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

I am sure the Campaign are doing what they can to resolve the situation but the Sangats input into this is the ultimate decison maker.

I have just checked the website, the Magna Arena can be hired for large corporate events, christmas parties etc. There is a 150 seater restaurant and bar on site. The complex is based in Rottherham in South Yorkshire, I think the nearest Gurdwara Sahib is in Scunthorpe? Check their webiste out http://www.visitmagna.co.uk/index.html

Their e-mail address is events@magnatrust.co.uk

Spoke to a lady who has confirmed that they have been made aware that the "Sikh HOLY SCRIPTUREs" are being brought to their premises where alcohol, meat and tabacco are served and that it is offensive to Sikhs. She is passing on comments to the management but at this stage can't comment on anything.

Looks like we need to start calling up. 01709 723118.

The more people who call the more they will realise how offended Sikhs are.

Didn't get the lady's name. Anyone got a name in Management we can ask for directly?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!!

Just spoken to a lady at Magna. The set up will be a curtain dividing the Wedding hall spliting the bar and set out tables from Maharaj!

Basically the granthis will take Guruji into a pub! The facilities provided by Magna are permenant fixtures and constantly stocked because the wedding room is used for weekend promotions and parties.

This cannot happen! This is the worst beadbi by far!!

Sangat ji keep ringing Magna 01709 723118 - this will get you straight through to:

Helen Davies - Commercial Manager

Rachel Fox - Senior Events Co-ordinator

Russell Hague - Events Duty Manager

email them: events@magnatrust.co.uk

Just spoken to a lady at Magna. The set up will be a curtain dividing the Wedding hall spliting the bar and set out tables from Maharaj!

Basically the granthis will take Guruji into a pub! The facilities provided by Magna are permenant fixtures and constantly stocked because the wedding room is used for weekend promotions and parties.

Sangat ji keep ringing Magna 01709 723118 - this will get you straight through to:

The old "pavitar" curtain trick!!

We need to know who these pakhandi giani are. If they are freelancers then they do not deserve to have Guru Ji. If it is a Gurdwara then they too should be made aware that such action is beadbi and their actions will be publicised if the pub wedding takes place.

Just messing about in Autoroute using a Gurdwara pinpoint file it appears that the Gurdwara on Ellesmere Road North, Sheffield, Tel: 0114 242 0108 is the nearest to the place of the wedding. It may be worth phoning them to ask if they know who does these beadbi weddings. I am not saying this Gurdwara is involved but being close to the venue the prabandakhs and giani may know who is involved.

A few Gurdwara in Doncaster are also within range of the venue.

Remember be polite.

Sheffield Gurdwara is 10 mins away from Magna Centre. This Gurdwara's address is Ellesmere Road North, Sheffield, South Yorkshire S4 7DN. Not to presume anything but they can be the ones bringing Maharaj on the 7th.

RING THE GURDWARA ON: 0114 242 0108

Pictures of Surinder Singh Dhillon, part of Gurdwara Committe & also picture of current Resident Granthi at Sheffield Gurdwara

post-1670-1146737523.jpeg

post-1670-1146737543.jpeg

The old "pavitar" curtain trick!!

If the Jathedar of the Akal Takht attends Anand Karaj at marriage palaces how on earth are we going to educate people this is wrong.