Sant Baba Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale

canadian_sikh

Guest _Angad_

Fateh ji!!

Jarnial Singh ji did a lot for Sikhi and Sikhism. We should refrain from looking just at 84 and screaming khalistan zindabad..we need to also look at what he did in the late 70's he would go to villages and teach people about sikhism and do amrit sanchar and unlike most babe today he directed them to gurumaharaj and not to himself..having said this i would like to remind you that after all he was also human and has made a fair share of mistakes..why he did wht he did ..i dont want to discuss..you can read up..but remember wht circumstances where there is not known to many..personally i have a lot of respect for him but i do not idolize him nor do i agree with everything he did.

there are numerous books written on him..i would suggest you read both view points..cause a sikh author no matter how much he tries will not be able to give an account that is no biased..

fateh!

Fateh ji!!

Jarnial Singh ji did a lot for Sikhi and Sikhism. We should refrain from looking just at 84 and screaming khalistan zindabad..we need to also look at what he did in the late 70's he would go to villages and teach people about sikhism and do amrit sanchar and unlike most babe today he directed them to gurumaharaj and not to himself..having said this i would like to remind you that after all he was also human and has made a fair share of mistakes..why he did wht he did ..i dont want to discuss..you can read up..but remember wht circumstances where there is not known to many..personally i have a lot of respect for him but i do not idolize him nor do i agree with everything he did.

there are numerous books written on him..i would suggest you read both view points..cause a sikh author no matter how much he tries will not be able to give an account that is no biased..

fateh!

I agree, great men come and go but only God and his greatness is eternal

i just wish he had not held himself up in the golden temple complex,

maybe if he was some where else things would have gone a different way.

i dont mean to offend... pray.gif

They didn't attack Akaal Thakat Saahib becuase of Sant Jee - why else were so many Gurughar's attacked on the same day... was Sant jee is all them too?

They attacked there, because it is the heart of Sikh spiritual and temporal power.

They wanted to eradicate the Sikh spirit wihich Sant Jee had rewoken.

Er, i mean, Sant Jee is the greatest Sant Sipahi of the 20th and 21st Century...

(Dhan Dhan Baba Thkaur Singh Jee)

well don't count on that right away.. we still have 94 years in the 21 century to go! Who onows what kind of ppl will rise up (and fall) in thsi century! But this sant was truly great!

Guest _nobody_

one needs to look at the jeevan of Sant Ji...even b4 84, the amount of pyaar he had for Guru Ji, the amount of abyiyaas he did is out of this world...

jus talk to ppl who knew him, just looking at their face when they talk about him.....says alot :lol: