Jakara Registration Now Open

sorry where did the AKJ and Taksal come out from we are talking about Jakara and stay on topic

and you did not answer the question what are the bad point of the camp?

again read what i rite az i have clearly stated tht i appreciate what has been said on 1 topic that is the good point i acknowledge that - i never said that this topic is a bad thing but as i have already said the rest is bad

and 1 day in the near future i will go there and try to help - and i am not just pointing fingers behind the screen

i think it is childish what you are doing - i said a point that contridicted you and you being full of pride did not want me to ruin your so called reputation so now your coming up with excuses ( this is proved by you saying "i dont know much about Jakara" - if you dont know, what are you trying to debate about you fool)- go to sleep its way past your bed time

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry where did the AKJ and Taksal come out from we are talking about Jakara and stay on topic

again read what i rite az i have clearly stated tht i appreciate what has been said on 1 topic that is the good point i acknowledge that - i never said that this topic is a bad thing but as i have already said the rest is bad

and 1 day in the near future i will go there and try to help - and i am not just pointing fingers behind the screen

i think it is childish what you are doing - i said a point that contridicted you and you being full of pride did not want me to ruin your so called reputation so now your coming up with excuses ( this is proved by you saying "i dont know much about Jakara" - if you dont know, what are you trying to debate about you fool)- go to sleep its way past your bed time

Bhaji Garm hogey d_oh.gif

1 - I'm not coming up with excuses. I honestly don't knwo much about Jakara, since I've never been there, and am the atlantic apart from where it is. I'm not acting as if I know 101 about jakara, on the other hand,my veer jee, you are.

2- If you acknowledge the good point, take the good things out of it and spread the good points they're trying to spread. Don't malign them and blacken them. There's no point. You're not going to win out of it, nor is anyone else. But you are creating problems for an organisation (it seems9 is sincerely trying to solve some of the sexistic problems found in SIKH PLACES OF WORSHIP, and other SIKH EVENTS (notice me non-use of PUNJAB).

We're all trying to label the problem as a Punjabi problem, and don't admit that most Sikhs are in fact Sexist !"#¤%&/()=.

3 - AKJ and Taksal was another example of jathas. Just like jakara, they too are not flawless. Neither is BOSS, Sikh Student, Khalsa Camp valey, nor is anyone else.

Bhullan andar sabh ko, abhul Guru Kartar.

Now instead of wasting everyones time, spend youre time on helping jakar on things you consider they are doing are good, i.e. anti female foetcide.

have a nice day sir d_oh.gif

Bhull Chukk Maaf

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

i rem this camp i went to, i was contemplating whether i shud b rolling up the bottom of my genes (kinda like capris), but mini skirts?? dude, judging from the pics at ur camp, i highly doubt its gona increase my sikhi, let alone empower me and u think that if i wore mini skirts, i'd get the respect that a women deserves?? i didnt think so...

i rem this camp i went to, i was contemplating whether i shud b rolling up the bottom of my jeans (kinda like capris), but mini skirts?? dude, judging from the pics at ur camp, i highly doubt its gona increase my sikhi, let alone empower me and u think that if i wore mini skirts, i'd get the respect that a women deserves?? i didnt think so...

you make me laugh obviously you havnt read my responce properly (again - y )

i hate people who would abort a baby girl because they wanted a boy - its stupid

read what i have said again ( a couple of time - slowly az your brain works slowly)

cool down simba

i no your pride has been hurt badly - i am sorry it was me who had to do this

please respond to this reply picking out other flaws that i have or other orgaisations have - enjoy it

will it help if i call my self a moorakh - ok then im a moorakh your a brahmgiani

yor so great why did i ever speak out against you what could have accomplished against the great mufasa (sorry simba - mufasa'z dead) please forgive my ignorance - o might being

Happy now -

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

i rem this camp i went to, i was contemplating whether i shud b rolling up the bottom of my genes (kinda like capris), but mini skirts?? dude, judging from the pics at ur camp, i highly doubt its gona increase my sikhi, let alone empower me and u think that if i wore mini skirts, i'd get the respect that a women deserves?? i didnt think so...

i rem this camp i went to, i was contemplating whether i shud b rolling up the bottom of my jeans (kinda like capris), but mini skirts?? dude, judging from the pics at ur camp, i highly doubt its gona increase my sikhi, let alone empower me and u think that if i wore mini skirts, i'd get the respect that a women deserves?? i didnt think so...

sorry, i used genes-i guess thats why im a bio major LOL

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

Bhaji Garm hogey d_oh.gif

1 - I'm not coming up with excuses. I honestly don't knwo much about Jakara, since I've never been there, and am the atlantic apart from where it is. I'm not acting as if I know 101 about jakara, on the other hand,my veer jee, you are.

2- If you acknowledge the good point, take the good things out of it and spread the good points they're trying to spread. Don't malign them and blacken them. There's no point. You're not going to win out of it, nor is anyone else. But you are creating problems for an organisation (it seems9 is sincerely trying to solve some of the sexistic problems found in SIKH PLACES OF WORSHIP, and other SIKH EVENTS (notice me non-use of PUNJAB).

We're all trying to label the problem as a Punjabi problem, and don't admit that most Sikhs are in fact Sexist !"#¤%&/()=.

3 - AKJ and Taksal was another example of jathas. Just like jakara, they too are not flawless. Neither is BOSS, Sikh Student, Khalsa Camp valey, nor is anyone else.

Bhullan andar sabh ko, abhul Guru Kartar.

Now instead of wasting everyones time, spend youre time on helping jakar on things you consider they are doing are good, i.e. anti female foetcide.

have a nice day sir d_oh.gif

Bhull Chukk Maaf

its great to empower females, but it shudnt protray itself as a "sikhi" camp cuz it aint. that's the whole point, i think this camp shud have guys as well (and mayb a program like this in india wudnt hurt either)b/c i'm sure a female wudnt want to be killed for her family's honour, etc...even tho that sounds like muslim beliefs, it runs in pun families as well (u hear on the news) but not a true GURSIKH family, thats the distinction we need to make. in the end we dont want to make sikhi (not puns thinking their sikhs but dont do anything the religion tells us to do)seem like something its not and confuse the youth out here that dont know otherwise.

how stupid is the camp if its main issue is about aborted girl babies dont you think the target audience should be boys/men instead of women - all theyr doing is making mona kurhea feel good about themselves - wat are these girls which are saying "men dont allow us to wear mini skirts" yeah thats sikhi all over isnt it

if they call the camp "Jakara Panjabi Camp 2006" i would have no problem but to bring sikhi into it like that is paap on the organisers - if its promoting mini skirts and bhangrh apanjabi camp would be the best name as this is what all that remains of a broken down so called culture - singers who dance with half naked women on alpha tv ( they have called it panjabi tv not sikhi tv mind you) is what remains of this culture and Jakara is like a panjabi bandwagon

Won't dissect yor posts, will only mention some of the issue raised -

1 - The camp isn't a Sikh one, so they should renamed it

My Response: Just because you don't agree with what they say doesn't mean it's not a Sikh camp. Secondly I havn't seen any girls with miniskirts, so I don't see any reason to comment on that-

2- The camp, as far as I'm aware is open for males (hence why when regestring you can select your gender, amel or female...

3- If the targetted groups is wrong - do something about it. They can only do a certain amount og seva, with the amount of resources they have.

It seems as if they're using the resources in agood way by discussing the issues, and then finding a siolution, by for example reporting illegal X-RAy/aborting clinique advertisments in Punjabi newspapaers to the authoroties. Pretty efficient. What has anyone else done about it?

Do I support Jakara? For God's sake I didn't even know about it before some days ago!

All I'm saying is tha there's no point sitting behind the screen and slandering it. Go out and do something about it. Don't create a rivallry camp, but go and help the develop and don't leave it to !one day i'll do it".

Stop slandering other people's effort. Acknowledge their effort. Send them feedback on what they shoudl change,and go there yourSELF and help them. Contribute. Don't hate. Love :lol:

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

Won't dissect yor posts, will only mention some of the issue raised -

1 - The camp isn't a Sikh one, so they should renamed it

My Response: Just because you don't agree with what they say doesn't mean it's not a Sikh camp. Secondly I havn't seen any girls with miniskirts, so I don't see any reason to comment on that-

2- The camp, as far as I'm aware is open for males (hence why when regestring you can select your gender, amel or female...

3- If the targetted groups is wrong - do something about it. They can only do a certain amount og seva, with the amount of resources they have.

It seems as if they're using the resources in agood way by discussing the issues, and then finding a siolution, by for example reporting illegal X-RAy/aborting clinique advertisments in Punjabi newspapaers to the authoroties. Pretty efficient. What has anyone else done about it?

Do I support Jakara? For God's sake I didn't even know about it before some days ago!

All I'm saying is tha there's no point sitting behind the screen and slandering it. Go out and do something about it. Don't create a rivallry camp, but go and help the develop and don't leave it to !one day i'll do it".

Stop slandering other people's effort. Acknowledge their effort. Send them feedback on what they shoudl change,and go there yourSELF and help them. Contribute. Don't hate. Love :lol:

"1 - The camp isn't a Sikh one, so they should renamed it

My Response: Just because you don't agree with what they say doesn't mean it's not a Sikh camp. Secondly I havn't seen any girls with miniskirts, so I don't see any reason to comment on that-"-LK

miniskirts or no miniskirts, if they are giving an image of sikhi that is not right..ima say it... it hurts...it shud hurt u too if u were a sikh, ppl in the states already think of us as mussalmans..it hurts to see our own promoting that idea-even if it may not b intentionally, so take it as a suggestion and take away the association with sikhi plz, we dont need nemore false stereotypes (and all of the violence towrads us in some parts of the country b/c of it).