Guru Nanak A Muslim - Not!

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

I knew what you were meaning but some say Guru as the body without adding the name of the body to whom it was attached.

I know people worship pics.

I went to the Gurdwara a couple weeks ago in Lodi. The lady that lives there has a picture of Guru Nanak and has a platter set up which she makes offerings and inscence by the kitchen in her part of the house. I always cover it up with a sheet and she removes it and when she leaves the room I cover it back up again.{ I would not care if she did this anywhere else but the Gurdwara } Guru Gobind was an idol breaker and so am I but I only break it to a point because I dont want to disrespect her. She knows that I cover it everytime I see it but she is stuck on this and inocently stays in this trap because she doesnt get mad and she knows why I cover it but like a smoker she is addicted.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew what you were meaning but some say Guru as the body without adding the name of the body to whom it was attached.

I know people worship pics.

I went to the Gurdwara a couple weeks ago in Lodi. The lady that lives there has a picture of Guru Nanak and has a platter set up which she makes offerings and inscence by the kitchen in her part of the house. I always cover it up with a sheet and she removes it and when she leaves the room I cover it back up again.{ I would not care if she did this anywhere else but the Gurdwara } Guru Gobind was an idol breaker and so am I but I only break it to a point because I dont want to disrespect her. She knows that I cover it everytime I see it but she is stuck on this and inocently stays in this trap because she doesnt get mad and she knows why I cover it but like a smoker she is addicted.

it is a real shame... seing idol worship being slowly entering sikhi, and then important people do it and no one questions is... then see as wrongful rituals/practices slip in right under our noses...

I actually id have a few pics of the gurus in my apartments when i first got interested in sikhi, the i heard about this and promptly took them down. :@

Lion Child: they could just be looking at the pic and someone with a camera took a pic and made it look like they are worshipping it. But again they could be but that isnt evidence of pic worship

They could make it look like you were also with the perfect sitch and timing.

Check out this video {my daughter will watch this all day long.... I think because of the women and what they are singing about}

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lU8YyR3UYc&search=khalsa Are they worshipping pics in the background or just showing GuruJis Divinity? Is this wrong or is this the Gurus Mansion?

It's a great video and the Singnian look chardi kala, but there is no place for any images where the Guru Granth Ji is present! Only images you should have are of Gurdwaras. :T:

Then that means if you have a pic of your Grandma, mom or dad then that means you worship it?

Or you can only see Amritsar if you go there?

You can have pics in your house. I have pics all over and I dont worship them.

In my kitchen there is a pic of the Gurus over Amritsar. In the living room, same.

In my room upstairs, same.

At the front door,same so all my visitors see the Gurus as they walk in and know this is a house of the Guru, I even have a sign that says "This is the house of the Guru and Guru is ever present" and all that visit are nonSikhs. An image is a reminder not a worshipped object unless someone makes it one, but then they have to do puja and you cant silently or secretly do puja.

I know what Gu-Ru means then lets go after do you know what Nanak means Angad, Amar,Dass,Ram,Dev,Arjun,Har,Rai,Gobind? We could go on forever with what does this mean.

These pics are just posted here so dont worship them

post-5391-1150038721_thumb.jpg

Then that means if you have a pic of your Grandma, mom or dad then that means you worship it?

These pics are just posted here so dont worship them

For some it is a point of focus. Not to you and i, as we know that one of the reason's Guru Nanak's came to earth was to eradicate Idol/image/effigy puja (worship) But instead we've started to illustrate what Guru Ji may have looked like.

It's not Sikhi!!

We all know its not the exact pic. Who care if it "may" look. A pic is worth 1000 words so its just giving you a closer menatal pic.

And yes Guru Sahib said" picture me with your mind"

We all know its not the exact pic. Who care if it "may" look. A pic is worth 1000 words so its just giving you a closer menatal pic.

And yes Guru Sahib said" picture me with your mind"

Khalsa Ji do you disagree with the the fact we should have no pictures or idols of any Guru?