western sikhs  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who are western sikhs???

• sikhs of white (Caucasian) Background
    • sikhs of punjabi background born/raised in the west
    • sikhs of any background born/raised in the west
    • don't know

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

We as Sikhs dont go around trying to convert people. If we did there would be even more fake Sikhs than there already is. The whole point is to fix yourself and by your example might give a glance of Dharma to someones eyes who have been longing for the Gurus Darshan, and on their own they would want to go to the Gurdwara and see the Guru. Its not what you teach it is the example you place into this filthy world.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WAHEGURU WAHEGURU WAHEGURU

I was talking to a "white convert" as you call them (lol) and I agree with him when he said.. Translations are mere shadows of Gurbani. Gurbani is so deep and powerful, if you use translations made by one person, you wont even be able to make out the shape of the shadow. However, he hasn't learnt Gurmukhi Either, and he says, the more translations hes read, the closer hes gone towards Gurbani - However, its still remained a shadow.. The only difference is that the outline of the shadow is becoming clearer.

Back to the ongoing arguement (not row.. arguement), Gurbani is so deep its impossible to define it with English translations.

I remember Bhajan Veerji was receiving help yesterday about a Gurbani tuk which had a translation that mentioned a crimson colour. The underlying meaning was lost, and like we all do, we get confused and think "Is crimson a gurmat colour then?" But Bhai Gurdas Ji's Vaars saved us and explains this beautifully (see thread about Khalsa Colours).

Without general/background knowledge, you would literally need paragraphs of explanation to explain the meaning of 1 Tuk of Gurbani.

Hope I made sense..

(And if you want to scrutinize my post little by little, may I say in advance that I don't want to be dragged into a long Row of meaningless points - Thank You)

(And if you want to scrutinize my post little by little, may I say in advance that I don't want to be dragged into a long Row of meaningless points - Thank You)

I cant help it but Im pulling you in... hehehehehehe

Just kidding Ive been trying to say it like what you said the whole time.

In SGGS it always say being dyed in Gods name which is what he was sorta heading to.

I second your comment!

I cant help it but Im pulling you in... hehehehehehe

Just kidding Ive been trying to say it like what you said the whole time.

In SGGS it always say being dyed in Gods name which is what he was sorta heading to.

I second your comment!

NAHIII!!! :) lol :@ pyarre veerji i wont get dragged in tht easily.

well i guess there really isnt anyone one who really cares about other people, i can understand... 400 years of religous inbreeding and born into a culture that shuts out other people. Well i won't be like that.

Sometimes one must stand up for others even if they are alone in doing so.

-LC

well i guess there really isnt anyone one who really cares about other people, i can understand... 400 years of religous inbreeding and born into a culture that shuts out other people. Well i won't be like that.

-LC

No the Jewish religion is 3000 years of doing that.

You dont understand the reasons why Sikhs are supposed to only eat from the hands other GurSikhs, why Sikhs intermarry, why GurSikhs should only be in company of the Sadh Sangat etc.

You should stand up for your mind getting "held hostage" by the bad thinking side of your brain.

This pic was years before I became a Sikh of the guru

post-5391-1150686713_thumb.jpg

-LC

No the Jewish religion is 3000 years of doing that.

You dont understand the reasons why Sikhs are supposed to only eat from the hands other GurSikhs, why Sikhs intermarry, why GurSikhs should only be in company of the Sadh Sangat etc.

You should stand up for your mind getting "held hostage" by the bad thinking side of your brain.

This pic was years before I became a Sikh of the guru

i'm talking more about inbreeding in the sense that sikhs are still comprised of more than 90% (possibly more) indian/punjab background. We use their customs and have accepted them as the norm and do not question them.. this should change on a global scale. sikhs should marry sikhs, and gursikhs should remain with sadh sangat. But we must spread elsewhere, that is what i plan to do when i a) am more knowledgable in sikhi b) learned gurmakhi/punjabi c) have the money and resources to do so. this won't be for another 30 years lol, but i think it's good to plan ahead. That's why i am getting my business education and slowly learning sikhi, i started also to learn some punjabi from a CD i got.

You can't start off big, you must start off small and go on from there!

what is your point with "No the Jewish religion is 3000 years of doing that." and the picture?

Hm... i Got an idea..

Why dont the Punjabi Singhs marry with "white" singhnis etc..

The cultures wil be diluted so much, that caste system will no longer remain a problem. And the distinction of colour will fade too!

Now.. time to find a nice white singhni :@ lol

or of any other background :)

it's till the point that you have to go to a lower level... rolleyes.gif

The pic was years before I became a Sikh of the guru, and I put it there because I wanted to. Why do you not approve of it?

"""""400 years of religous inbreeding and born into a culture that shuts out other people.""""""""

I said no Jews do this and have for over 3000 years.

Why would it matter who marrys who?

You should start apointing who can marry who and call it Lionchildmatchmaker.com and youll make enough money to be a missionary that in Sikhi we dont encourage.