Baana Over Baani

Guest G.Kaur

its rehat to eat less, therefore you will need to go toilet less. the body needs to be trained to go toilet before you have ishanaan, i wouldnt call ways you dont agree with weird. its peoples own satkar levels. bana is such a great thing so in my eyes it should be treated exactly how said in the first post. n the thing with smoking, jus keep away from people when smoking, this duznt make you a vampire. i know alot of people who aint singhs who will move away from smokers due to the smell.

sory if offended n e1

I said its "wierd, because it is. If I dont agree with something doesnt make it wierd, and when I think its wierd whether I agree with it or not means I think its wierd. I dont agree with Sikhs who cut their hair but I dont think its wierd. This means you cant use the restroom at the Gurdwara or your having "dirty" bana? This makes no sense. This sounds like some of the hindu stuff whispered from a brahmin trying to mislead people to not wear bana. Having bana has nothing to do with using the restroom unless in the restroom you disrespect it. What would happen at war when you had to use the restroom on hot days where you need to hydrate yourself by drinking up to 64 ounces{8- 8oz cups} of water a day? You would have to strip down just to pee? or you can only go the other way once a day and before ishnaan? Most people go the second they just ate and other digest and then go. Your body is constantly exchanging the watse for the new food intake. Agreeing with this "changing your bana to use the restroom" sounds like some made up "wierd" thing that some misleaders have infultrated into some Sikhs of today. If you get too tech like people are then we are going to start thinking that if you dont do this like that at this time of the day while standing on one leg holding a cup of water etc is the only way to do things, when the Gurus broke this auspisious stuff, because most of this "wierd" stuff bear no fruit and make no sense so it had to have been brought in by someone misleading gullible Sikhs and now its spread further into and now is here to show to kids here. Blah Blah but this sounds suspicious.

Im with you 100%. Theses days Sikhi is more about looking the part rather then acting the part as well. Singhah Singhianyah used to wear bana all the time. They would get Blood one them, cut up with swords, they would get sweaty during fighting and in the heat. Keeping the bana clean has nothing to Marayada but more to do with self respect. Rahat Maryada means Rahat=Stay, Mar=Death, Yada=Remember; Stay in the remembrance of Death.

This aint directed at you Pritam Singh Khalsa: Soliders are coming to kill you and you want to take your time changing your kasharay by taking one leg out and one leg in. O too late, your probilby dead now? This is what I mean by looking the part. And sikhs theses days say that your not meant to go anywhere harmful? Sikhs went to war!! One of the most harmful of places!

LOL. If us Sikhs have to fight again, I could just image the paranoia about the bana.

Sikh: "Ok this is war!!"

Non-Sikh: Strikes the Sikh with their sword.

Sikh: "Oh nooo my Bana is dirty! I have to get out of this war and change and come back."

Sikhi was meant to be soo practical but theses days its a sin to wear a dirty bana. The Five K's are not only the symbols of our faith but serve a practical use.

This Shabad is by Bhagat Sheikh Fareed Ji in Salok Fareed Jee on Pannaa 1379

fareedhaa mai bholaavaa pag dhaa math mailee hoe jaae ||

fareed, I was worried that my turban might become dirty.

gehilaa roohu n jaanee sir bhee mittee khaae ||26||

My thoughtless self did not realize that one day, dust will consume my head as well. ||26||

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL. If us Sikhs have to fight again, I could just image the paranoia about the bana.

Sikh: "Oh nooo my Bana is dirty! I have to get out of this war and change and come back."

yo i totally understand what youre sayin.. of couse in the battles and stuff we aint gonna change our bana every second :wub:

but i dont think any of us meant that if the Bana gets a little dirty, we gotta change it.

what i really wanted to emphasize on what i actually meant:

ultimate paapi is correct yo...

just think abt it...

do you really think its ok to have a shyt and then do Guru jis seva afterwards, without showerin?? :fight: @ like i mean youre RIGHT BESIDE/BEHIND Guru jis saroop.

peace...

GurFateh.

thanks for that penji

hehe :| .. nps jio. :TH:

:

[ultimate paapi is correct yo...

just think abt it...

do you really think its ok to have a shyt and then do Guru jis seva afterwards, without showerin?? :fight: @ like i mean youre RIGHT BESIDE/BEHIND Guru jis saroop.

Maaf Kar _/|\_ but I fell off my chair because I was laughing so hard when I read that. No one ever put it so bluntly before. LOL.gifLOL.gif

umm...well :wub: yeah.. :wub:

i sometimes have weird ways of gettin my point/opinion across. blush.gif hehe..lol

yo i totally understand what youre sayin.. of couse in the battles and stuff we aint gonna change our bana every second :|

but i dont think any of us meant that if the Bana gets a little dirty, we gotta change it.

people take it waaay too far, it's really just cloths, it's not like a god or kakkar or something that is higher than all. The gurus did wear it, but did they say their style of clothing was better than everyone elses, no, cause there is little point to it. Of course you can wear it, even i want to put it on one of these days, will i feel as if i am higher than others no? would i treat it as something that can't be touched? no.

people take it waaay too far, it's really just cloths, it's not like a god or kakkar or something that is higher than all. The gurus did wear it, but did they say their style of clothing was better than everyone elses, no, cause there is little point to it. Of course you can wear it, even i want to put it on one of these days, will i feel as if i am higher than others no? would i treat it as something that can't be touched? no.

wow! amazing to see how highly we fink of banaa!! just cloth!! Banaa is more then just clothes my friend. its the uniform of Guru Sahib. and the uniform of his Sikhs. when wearing bana you are representing Guru Sahib. you are in Guru Sahibs form. it has alot higher status then just clothes. I know people who have done over 125,000 chaupai sahibs in there life and are aged less then 30 and they wont wear banaa because they dont feel that they are worthy of seeing them selves as true Gursikhs. i know many Gursikhs that are doing a lot of paath a day, and still dont wear banaa. do not underestimate how much of a high status banaa has in sikhi.

In reply to the penji that said about the banna and war. the fact is you dont have a choice when in war weather your going to be cut or not. im not saying anything about going to war and wearing banaa. i was sayin about going to the toilet and then doing maharaajs seva without having a shower or changing clothes. n im relating this to banaa as a singh in banaa should always be ready to do mahraajs seva. you have a choice if you go toilet and then do mahraajs seva.

wow! amazing to see how highly we fink of banaa!! just cloth!! Banaa is more then just clothes my friend. its the uniform of Guru Sahib. and the uniform of his Sikhs. when wearing bana you are representing Guru Sahib. you are in Guru Sahibs form. it has alot higher status then just clothes. I know people who have done over 125,000 chaupai sahibs in there life and are aged less then 30 and they wont wear banaa because they dont feel that they are worthy of seeing them selves as true Gursikhs. i know many Gursikhs that are doing a lot of paath a day, and still dont wear banaa. do not underestimate how much of a high status banaa has in sikhi.

But it is, it's made of cotton or something similar rolleyes.gif

Please, provide some sort of a quote to back up yuor point here. Wearing a certain type of cloths or being part of a certain race or caste does not make you a better sikh than others. The khalsa are ture sikhs, but will recognise equality and will help anyone who is sikh or non-sikhs and will seperate themselves.

ahh, what you just said... High status. Alot of problems in the sikhi community is peopel puting themselves higher than others and not promoting equality. Brother, think about what you just said.

WGJKK WGJKF

to me bani is more imoprtant den bana bc widout bani u got no need 4 god ...... get what i mean?....... and if u wear da bana and not do bani it like bein a imposter. A good example is da KPGill guy he wears a pug and stuff but is he a real sikh?

But wearin bana is still really good i aingt sayin dont wear it, bana is really sacred, but jus keep it cool lol :D ....... if ya no wut i mean lol(jus my feelinz on this topic)

Pul Chuk Maf

:TH:

WGJKK WGJKF

to me bani is more imoprtant den bana bc widout bani u got no need 4 god ...... get what i mean?....... and if u wear da bana and not do bani it like bein a imposter. A good example is da KPGill guy he wears a pug and stuff but is he a real sikh?

But wearin bana is still really good i aingt sayin dont wear it, bana is really sacred, but jus keep it cool lol :D ....... if ya no wut i mean lol(jus my feelinz on this topic)

Pul Chuk Maf

GurFateh jio.

yeah youre right...

but like... what Lionchild veer ji is saying, (in my opinion), is disrespectful.

WGJKK WGJKF

Pul Chuk Maf

GurFateh jio.

yeah youre right...

but like... what Lionchild veer ji is saying, (in my opinion), is disrespectful.

Vaheguru ji ka Khalsa

Vaheguru ji ki Fateh

yeah panji....i got to agree on dat one man cuz it true....kinda rude :@:@ @

Vaheguru ji ka Khalsa

Vaheguru ji ki Fateh

• 5 weeks later...

sorry for late reply, in india at moment....

i fink lion child was misunderstanding whats being said. i was saying higher status as in a greater value, nothing to do with some people being on different status, but the value it should have to a gursikh. s the same principle with your dastaar, do you see your dastaar as jus cloth?? or do you give it a higher status.... jus the wording used. i fink you get the idea

sorry for late reply, in india at moment....

i fink lion child was misunderstanding whats being said. i was saying higher status as in a greater value, nothing to do with some caste stuff. its the same principle with your dastaar, do you see your dastaar as jus cloth?? or do you give it a higher status.... jus the wording used. i fink you get the idea

yeah...

he defo dont understand stuff