Uk Atamras Kirtan 2006

Sat1176

Haven't seen any feedback/comments regarding this years AtamRas Kirtan. Has anyone been to listern? Is it being broadcast live online or on any of the radio stations?

Looking forward to listerning to the raagis on Friday. :TH:

the atam ras kirtan has been fabulous! Very exciting time and excellent seva done by individuals such as charanpreet singh.

I dont want to be picky or seem to critisize such amazing seva, but its sad to see every atam ras thats happening, a STUPID amount of cameras are being setup in the divan hall right infront of the kirtanee, who have to sing kirtan with 2 full blasting lights and of course not to mention blocking the view if the kirtanee from the sangat.

Fair enought 2 large cameras u can get along with, but now its turning into some BBC broadcasting centre, with 2 large cameras, 2 external monitors and other recording equipment ontop of other individuals recording (around 2-3).

So you can imagine darbar sahib becomes very 'commercial' with the fact there are so many cameras, the sangats floor space is being taken up a lot.

One example is when daas attended Mondays Atam Ras kirtan at Wednesfield Gurdwara Sahib. There were altogether 5 cameras stuck in the middle of the divan hall, again with other equipment such as external monitors.

I really dont want to sound as if im being really bossy or moaning, but the quality of spending time in atam ras is decreasing everytime. Im aware that DVD copies were being distriputed that very day of the Atam Ras which i must say is very brave and excellent seva!

Sorry if ive offendned anyone, the last thing i want to do is offend the sevadar who have put a lot of effort and time into organising this.

I see it is a test of ure own faith to be honest. If the cams block ure view and it annoys u ... u shud think to ureself "why does it annoy me?". Because the fact of the matter is that u wud rather see the keertani than close ure eyes in true meditation form and let the pure ras of the keertan indulge ure mind.

as for cameras, i know there was a major event a few years ago. a singh filmed the whole thing... only realised after his equipment was faulty. There was also an event last year which was recorded on MD ... and the MD's turned out to be faulty. So as far as i know, the sevadars also do their best to make sure they have backups.

It is annoyying, agreed, that theres so many tripods etc clouding ure way. But close ure eyes, and ignore it. Try it at the next one u go to and see how amazing it feels. I remember in the olden days when sevadars never reli used to request sangat to film... i remember Sant Baba Maan Singh coming down and there were like 15 cameras filming! that was worse! the atam ras is reli not as bad so be thankful. And i know myself how careful i am with my work and stuff i do - i have to have backups to the power of three just incase stuff mucks up!!! Always best to be safe. And documenting such events of commemoration is really important and the parchaar and keertan seva at these divaans are really amazing and should be spread worldwide.

also, im sure it does say on the poster or something that they request all not to film etc for this reason so sevadars have done their bit. But from what i saw from the divaan i went to, Charanpreet Singh was working WITH all the people who were filming and recording. (another 2)

I thouroughly enjoyed the divaan i went to and congratulate Charanpreet Singh and the rest for such a fantastic seva they have been gifted with and have been so successful with.

bhulla chukka maaf