What Every Sikh Must Know!

WaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa,

WaheGuru Ji Ki Fateh.

Everyday it seems increasingly obvious that we are living in the midst of the Dark Age (Kaljug) and as the problems in our community become evident, the solutions should also become clearer. External forces are attacking Sikhi and trying to manipulate and misrepresent the Sikh religion. However, the most disheartening, worrying and dangerous point is that our own community is too slow to accept that it is happening, and far too quick to ‘sweep it under the carpet’.

Sikh Awareness Society initially held presentations in ‘problem areas’, i.e. towns/cities where we knew Sikh youth were targeted. To our horror, the problem seems to be far more widespread. We are being inundated with calls on the Help line from up and down the country.

Our ancestors would never have tolerated the slander and disrespect of Sikhi. However, today we are either asleep or become too ‘open-minded’ to even care or take a stand. People only seem to act when it’s their own sister who is disrespected. Should we wait till it’s too late or make a stand to stop this today?

WE CALL FOR SIKH YOUTH TO UNITE. SHOW YOUR SUPPORT. PLEASE ATTEND

*** Deh Siva bar mohi ehai, sub karman the kabhoo(n) naa taro(n). ***

Oh Lord, grant me this boon, may I never refrain from righteous acts.

A Presentation that will give an insight to the problems faced by the Sikh community and Sikh Youth. The truth about what happens in colleges, universities and in the work place. How fundamentalists could potentially target YOU and your family because you are a Sikh.

We will highlight well-organised groups, and organisations that want to target YOU and your Family.

A presentation not to be missed! Presented in Punjabi and English. With an open Question & Answer session

Sun 2nd July06 @ 5pm : Ramgharia Sikh Gurdwara, 10-14 Neville Road, ForestGate

Sun 9th July 06 @ 11am: Gurdwara Nanak Parkash, 71/81 Harnall Lane West, Foleshill, Coventry

Sun 16th July @ 11am: Shri Guru Singh Sabha Gudwara, Sheehy Way, Wexham Court, Slough

post-5312-1151611940.jpg

The idea of this kind of parchaar is excellent and commendable. I know I keep stressing the same point again and again; this seems to becoming a paki-bashing campaign.

Although Islamic Fundamentalist Group are playing a part in targeting non-muslim groups, our biggest enemies are still the cult-groups who infiltrate into the Sikh roop and target our community in such a clever manner. Groups like Radhasoamis, nirankaris, naamdharis, sanatans, darshan dasis, ek niwasis, RSS, Narinder Grewals, Indian media and even some Sants are more dangerous for our community than the Islamists will ever be. Alcohol, drugs, removal of kes and increased promiscuity are even more dangerous factors which no parcharak has the balls to tackle.

No offence SAS, it can be interpreted as easier to tackle an external group as a pose to the “internal” problem. People like Mohan Singh are good speakers and can use the platform so much more effectively if they raised awareness about more existent issues that are in actual fact weakening the Sikh Kaum today.

It’s easy to pass the buck on to the Muslims, look at the enemy who is sitting in our own community disguised as a Sikh!

The idea of this kind of parchaar is excellent and commendable. I know I keep stressing the same point again and again; this seems to becoming a paki-bashing campaign.

Although Islamic Fundamentalist Group are playing a part in targeting non-muslim groups, our biggest enemies are still the cult-groups who infiltrate into the Sikh roop and target our community in such a clever manner. Groups like Radhasoamis, nirankaris, naamdharis, sanatans, darshan dasis, ek niwasis, RSS, Narinder Grewals, Indian media and even some Sants are more dangerous for our community than the Islamists will ever be. Alcohol, drugs, removal of kes and increased promiscuity are even more dangerous factors which no parcharak has the balls to tackle.

No offence SAS, it can be interpreted as easier to tackle an external group as a pose to the “internal” problem. People like Mohan Singh are good speakers and can use the platform so much more effectively if they raised awareness about more existent issues that are in actual fact weakening the Sikh Kaum today.

It’s easy to pass the buck on to the Muslims, look at the enemy who is sitting in our own community disguised as a Sikh!

Fully agree with you. I PM'd the Sikh Awareness Society last week regarding the beadbi going on at Ramgharia Gurdwara in Neville Road where the last presentation was held. Did the SAS guys tackle this issue? SAS didn't get back to me either way.

If you're going to operate under the banner "Sikh Awareness Society" then please take on the issues which are effecting Sikhi in the UK today. The islamic issue is only a part of the problem. If you're only going to tackle that problem only then change your name to the "Islamic Fundamentalist Awareness Society".

You know what annoys me is that how hard-core our boys get when it's a paki bashing issue but can't be bothered to do anything about the beadbi issues. It's like blame the pakis for all our mess cos it's the easy option!

Everyday it seems increasingly obvious that we are living in the midst of the Dark Age (Kaljug) and as the problems in our community become evident, the solutions should also become clearer. External forces are attacking Sikhi and trying to manipulate and misrepresent the Sikh religion.

Break out of this mould! By saying its external forces we are letting people within our community off the hook! People like Neville Road Gurdwara Committee Members are just as manipulative as these Fundementalists.

When Gursikhs went down to see them about the state of the SachKhand & Banqueting Halls they called the police! However by pin pointing the External Enemy they are in the clear and supportive to the cause.

Dont take my comments as bashing, rather SAS will need to evolve to incorporate many issues where Sikhi is manipulated and misrepresented, prime example Neville Road are using Golak money & Gurdwara Property to open banqueting halls.

You cant turn a blind eye to other Issues. Its all part of the same picture.

• 2 weeks later...