Gurdwara Classes

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Yeah, read books.

The more you read the more you know, and you can take the class with you. a.e if you go to the park and read, if your on a carride somewhere, at night, in the morning.

The more you try to learn on your own the more of momentum you give your Sikhi learning experience.

I did this and now have a passion for learning Sikhi to the core, inside and out.It worked for me and should work for you.

I would say first, read about phylisophy and about the Gurus lives and then go from there. People think they know enough until you figure out that you really didnt know very much and even after 5 years youll still not have learned enough compared to more years after, but you must keep learning or you will be in idle and will start to lose your momentum untill you have to drive up hill backwards with your eyes closed in order to move.

Just stay with it from the time you start to the time you die and youll be set for what you need to know.

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji ki fateh!

Yeah, read books.

The more you read the more you know, and you can take the class with you. a.e if you go to the park and read, if your on a carride somewhere, at night, in the morning.

The more you try to learn on your own the more of momentum you give your Sikhi learning experience.

I did this and now have a passion for learning Sikhi to the core, inside and out.It worked for me and should work for you.

I would say first, read about phylisophy and about the Gurus lives and then go from there. People think they know enough until you figure out that you really didnt know very much and even after 5 years youll still not have learned enough compared to more years after, but you must keep learning or you will be in idle and will start to lose your momentum untill you have to drive up hill backwards with your eyes closed in order to move.

Just stay with it from the time you start to the time you die and youll be set for what you need to know.

I would reccommend you to only read Gurbani or trusted resources on Sikhi, you dont want to start reading kachee banee.....

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Yeah, read books.

I would reccommend you to only read Gurbani or trusted resources on Sikhi, you dont want to start reading kachee banee.....

Yeah actually read a nitnem gutka and study other books on the side. But if you read books first youll understand a little more of what the Gurbanis direction is.

For instance I let my mom read and she didnt understand what stuff was meaning and after learning from a book she slowly started to understand stuff, but since she is christian she totally rejected the Gutka so I rescued it back from her house. They are even critical when I question stuff they have studied their whole life, and try to fire back at me which I can answer all there debatable questions and there rebuttle is" well thats to simple" and I say life is simple unless you make it complicated, which other religions purposely make it complicated so you have to learn from them and they hold the monopoly.Im glad Guru Nanak broke that way of religion for the rest of eternity.

"""""""""trusted resources on Sikhi""""""""""""

Obviously. wacko.gif

I wouldnt even consider books as any form of bani. To me there is only Guru Bani and books. Books are just info. Bani is thought, spirit, mind exersize,love etc all winded up into one.

post-5391-1151946013.jpg

WJKK WJKF

I was just wondering if there are any Gurdwara classes to learn more about Sikhism?

I am currently located in Birmingham and my main Gurdwara is Guru Nanak Nishkam Sewak Jatha!

Thanks! :TH:

WJKK WJKF

VJKK VJKF

i thinkkkk there are classes held every saturday evening; it's best to ring the Gurughar and find out the times!