Whose Your Fav Hero's / Heroines In Sikh History

killah

Whose your favorite Sikh hero's and heroines in history, that you admire, get inspired and look up too. Not counting the Guru ji's cos they are admired universally.

I been reading sikh history recently and I would say mine are:

• Baba deep singh
  • Bandha bahadhur
  • Sant jarnail singh bhindranwale
  • Jassa Singh Ahluwalia
  • Hari Singh Nawla

Sirhand, the principle town of the south-east Punjab was the goal. To Bandha as to all Sikhs, it represented the bestiality of its governor Wazir Khan, who had bricked up Guru Gobind Singh Jis youngest sons before putting them to death by beheading. It was clear to every Sikh that the time had come for Wazir Khan to get his just dues. Writes James Bowne of the India Tract, “ Of all the instances of cruelty exercised by the Moghals this is the most barbarous and outrageous. Defenceless women and children have usually escaped, even from religious fury. No wonder then that the vengeance of the Sikhs was so severe. "

Though the Sikhs were fewer in numbers and arms and the well equipped Mughal force with its muskets, heavy guns, mail armour, cavalrymen and war elephants was more superior, Bandhas force excelled in swordsmanship and hand to hand combat, backed by archers and spearmen. What fuelled them was the impeccable sense of purpose, which their foe lacked. Wazir Khans army is estimated to be in the region of 20,000, while no records exist of the Sikh force it is generally regarded to be much fewer in number. The two forces clashed on the plain of Chappar Chiri, ten miles from Sirhand, on 22nd May 1710. Not unexpectedly the ferocity of the fighting outstripped all previous encounters between Sikh and Mughal forces. Wazir Khan and several of his commanders were killed and according to Khafi Khan, a chronicler of the time ‘not a man of the army of Islam escaped with more then his life and the clothes he stood in. Horsemen and footmen all fell under the sword of the infidels (Sikhs) who perused them as far as Sirhand.’ The defences of Sirhand were breached two days later. Although Sirhand paid a heavy price, it was spared total destruction after its Hindu population appealed to Bandha Singh. Its reprieve was short lived, as a little over 50 years later Jassa Singh Ahluwalia would be less forgiving of the towns past misdeeds. :| v1.gif

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iko ik Brahmgiani santsipahi sant baba jarnail singh jee khalsa bhindranwalay-damdami taksal

Iko Ik Brahmgyani sant baba Thakur singh jee khalsa-damdami taksal

All other khalistan yodha and udham singh :|

Meri mata jee bohat vadiya roti banaunda.

Excluding Guru ji's, who else?

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

That will take me the rest of the day to figure out.

I appreciate all the sacrifices so I must contemplate this for a while before I give my final answer.

Guest Narinder Singh

Baba Banda Singh Ji Bahadur

Baba Jarnail Singh Khalsa Ji Bhindranwale

Mai Bhag Kaur Ji

Chote Sahibzadey Baba Zorawar Singh Ji and Baba Fateh Singh Ji

I can't say that these Sikh hero's are greater than any other, but i can say without a doubt that these Gursikhs werent just mere humans. They were superhumans with unbelievable strength and a selfless attitude that were sent down by Waheguru to try an inspire others and fools such as myself who are still papis.

Thank God for Sikhi...

d_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gif

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Iko ik Brahmgiani santsipahi sant baba jarnail singh jee khalsa bhindranwalay-damdami taksal

Iko Ik Brahmgyani sant baba Thakur singh jee khalsa-damdami taksal

All other khalistan yodha and udham singh :|

Meri mata jee bohat vadiya roti banaunda.

i dont want to start a arguement but how come you called bhai jarnail singh khalsa bhindrawale a brahmgyani? when he rejected such a stratus?

Woah this gonna be abit long

Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindrawale

Shaheed Bhai Sukhdev Singh Ji Khalsa

Sant Baba Harnaam Singh Ji Khalsa

Shaheed Baba Deep Singh Ji

Sant Baba Nand Singh Ji Khalsa

Dalip Singh Saund (first Sikh in US army-1918)

Shaheed Bhai Kartar Singh Saraba

Shaheed Bhai Hari Singh Nalwa

Shaheed Bhai Mani Singh Ji Khalsa

Shaheed Bhai Taru Singh Ji Khalsa

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Baba Banda Singh Ji Bahadur

:nihungsmile: I like his story before he was a Sikh and how he fought battles but in the end never gave up his Sikhi and still won all his battles even his battle of death. :e:

Everyone If you could only pick one and thats it who would you narrow it down to. grin.gif