Taking Someone To Cut Their Hair

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I know that buying meat and alcohol for others has been discussed before, im in a similar type of situation at the moment.

My brother (13) is a mona and has asked me to take him to the barbers for his regular hair cut. Before i started learning/taking an interest in my faith, I did used to take him.

But lately I feel kinda wrong taking him. I know that i'll feel very uncomfortable sitting there in the shop waiting for him but even if i was to wait in the car for him, still feel wrong just being the one taking him.

What do you guys think? Has anyone been in a similar situation?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know that buying meat and alcohol for others has been discussed before, im in a similar type of situation at the moment.

My brother (13) is a mona and has asked me to take him to the barbers for his regular hair cut. Before i started learning/taking an interest in my faith, I did used to take him.

But lately I feel kinda wrong taking him. I know that i'll feel very uncomfortable sitting there in the shop waiting for him but even if i was to wait in the car for him, still feel wrong just being the one taking him.

well meat is ok (this topic has been cliched enough times), and you are not going to personaly cut his hair. Why not walk out of the shop or wait for him elsewhere if you are uncomftorble? :|

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Meats not O.K Alcohol isnt O.K and taking him to the barber man isnt O.K

{just my opinion}

Jessica knows I wont even feed my 1 year old daughter meat, she eats meat sometimes but only when I dont cook she knows not to bring in the house flesh other than hers. Im the cook and its my kitchen in my house.

Meats not O.K Alcohol isnt O.K and taking him to the barber man isnt O.K

{just my opinion}

Jessica knows I wont even feed my 1 year old daughter meat, she eats meat sometimes but only when I dont cook she knows not to bring in the house flesh other than hers. Im the cook and its my kitchen in my house.

Yeah that's what im thinking, it's just hard to say NO to your own brother and try an explain to him why. Even when my Mum's saying just take him and do her a favour. It's hard not to listen.

Btw is Jessica ur wife?

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

yeah but not through Anand Karaj because she isnt a Sikh. She is my babies momma

i think sikhs shudnt support any manmat activity

What does that mean? that I have to make her be a Sikh? {thats manmat}

Ive been with her for 7 years. Ive been a Sikh for 2.

As long as you are comfortable in your own personal beliefs and as long as you have faith in God that your brother will choose the right path for him as he grows up (whatever that may be), you should feel contented and satisfied. If you want to tell him about Sikkhi, then you can always talk to him about it (without forcing him, of course :| ) and let him make up his own mind.

yeah but not through Anand Karaj because she isnt a Sikh. She is my babies momma

i think sikhs shudnt support any manmat activity

What does that mean? that I have to make her be a Sikh? {thats manmat}

Ive been with her for 7 years. Ive been a Sikh for 2.

Pritam, my man: a lot of people say a lot of things.

You've just gotta decide what 'thing' you believe in.

If you ask for advice for anything on a public forum, you're gonna get a lot of opinions; some strange, some sane. Just have faith in your God-given capacities, brotha :TH:

All i gotta say is MAD RESPECT Pritam Khalsa.

It takes alot of guts to say that stuff and post a pic on these forums.

mad respect to you, and keep it up, sikhi comes at different times to everyone.

Post a pic of the whole family now :|