I'm Confused :s

Guest G.Kaur

Guest G.Kaur

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh

Ermm ok so I was having this discussion with someone last night about facial hair and people with disabilities.

He said that, let's say someone got a child with a disability. Then it's okay that you take the child to the doctors and they can try to give medicine and cure the child. Because it's not "normal" that a child is born a disability and we have to do as much as possible to help the child in order to get "normal" again . In the same way, girls who got facial hair (moustache etc.) that is not normal and girls who got facial hair are allowed to remove it. Coz only men get beard etc.

I'm confused... I need some advice, help me out guys...

Guest Bass Singh

VJKK VJKF!

PENJI FROM A SIKHI POINT OF VIEW, FACIAL HAIR OR ANY KIND OF HAIR FOR THAT MATTER, IS GIVEN FROM GOD, NOTICE EVEN IF PEOPLE SHAVE THEIR HAIR, IT STILL COMES BAK, THAT’S BECAUSE IT WAS MEANT TO BE LIKE THAT. SO IF A GIRL GETS FACIAL HAIR WHY SHOULD SHE CUT IT, SHE SHOULD BE PROUD!!!!

BASICALLY ANY TYPE OF HAIR SHOULD NOT BE CUT BECAUSE IT IS A GIFT FROM GOD!

IM NOT SURE IF IT WAS GURU GOBIND SINGH JI, BUT ONE OF THE GURUS DID STATE, “DNT COME BEFORE ME WITHOUT KESH OR SHASHTER”, KESH MEANING ANY HAIR ON THE BODY!

FORGIVE ME FOR ANY MISTAKES I HAVE MADE!

VJKK VJKF!

very difficult to say but i think permanent hair removal should be practiced once for all then doing it every week for sehaj dhari sikh girls ....

but big no for amrit dhari girls .....

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh

Ermm ok so I was having this discussion with someone last night about facial hair and people with disabilities.

He said that, let's say someone got a child with a disability. Then it's okay that you take the child to the doctors and they can try to give medicine and cure the child. Because it's not "normal" that a child is born a disability and we have to do as much as possible to help the child in order to get "normal" again . In the same way, girls who got facial hair (moustache etc.) that is not normal and girls who got facial hair are allowed to remove it. Coz only men get beard etc.

I'm confused... I need some advice, help me out guys...

Just to point out about this whole disability thing - its all based on models. There are many models but the biomedical model is the one where the patients condition is seen as the problem and it is rectified which is the one you have spoken about. There are actually loadsa other different models and the biomedical model is not actually seen as being appropriate especially by people campaigning for rights of the disabled.

Many disability groups argue that the problem is not with the patient but the way people treat them. Afterall is it a problem if someone had six fingers? Maybe its because not everyone has 6 fingers that its considered a problem. Maybe if we all had 6 fingers it would be okay.

Relating this to the hair issue - well every girl has facial hair...hair covers every part of our body apart from the soles and palms of our hand. And damn you sound confused - if you let your facial hair grow it will not develop into a beard!!

There are actually three different types of human hair being - Lanugo hair (really only applies to in the womb or in premature babies), vellus hair (post natal hair - the normal short soft type) and terminal hair (the longer more coarse type such as on our head).

Its in males after puberty that the vellus hair will turn into terminal hair in regions such as the beard area. I don't know a single female who has coarse terminal hair on the face. Only maybe if you have hormonal problems and in that case it is best to see your doctor and get tablets to attempt to correct the underlying problem. I hope this makes sense - girls do not get beards but every human literally has hair everywhere. x

loolllllllll

ur a genious :TH:

permenant hair removal

you just dont walk into the place, get it done and ur hair free.

You have to get multiple treatments, and between the treatments hair do come back and your advised to shave them (with a blade)

And , sometimes even after doing permenant hair removal, the hair might come back again due to change in hormones, so then ur there doing perm hair removal again.

------------------

Also the topic itself, it's hard to say, i mean we get a disease, we get medicine, we get cut, etc we apply bandages, etc so i understand what your saying, if we get abnormal/excessive hairgroth waht should we do? If women get it what should we do?

I would agree somewhat if it was a medical condition... that a medical procedure can/should be done to remove the hair, but if its normal then obviously no.