If You Want To Save The World.

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Americans represent less than 5 per cent of the world's population, and yet they produce roughly 25 per cent of its carbon-dioxide emissions

Its great to see here an American lecturing us on how to save the world! wacko.gif

My view, save the planet and raise your kids right.

Actively reduce your contribution to carbon emissions and aim to go carbon neutral.

http://www.solarcentury.com/products/solar_photovoltaics

http://www.solarcentury.com/what_we_do/solar_homes/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/avdb/news_web/...53f_16x9_bb.asx

http://www.findaproperty.com/story.aspx?storyid=9498

http://www.findaproperty.com/story.aspx?storyid=8474

WOW you have a problem. The whole world makes polution. Dont drive in a car because then your adding to the problem your saying.

ouch ohmy.gif

Really, i'm from Canada, and out country is actually even worse per capita when it comes down to polution, we use up a little more than the average american uses!

If people want to save the planet ecologically...

1. don't move to suburbs

2. Don't buy a big SUV

3. Commute via transit or carpool

4. Recycle and reuse

5. Live midtown or downtown

-LC

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread was to save the world of Human evil,not an environmental debate, mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, some people with their never ending debates.

No it was about giving kids a good example of how to live. Someone said environment which has nothing to do with how we act.

PRITAM SINGH KHALSA wrote:

WOW you have a problem. The whole world makes polution. Dont drive in a car because then your adding to the problem your saying.

Ever heard of a bike?

No, we all have this problem. But hey with your attitude lets all not give a damn and screw up the planet for our kids to inherit.

Anyway the keyword that I used was reduce

Actively reduce your contribution to carbon emissions and aim to go carbon neutral.

No it was about giving kids a good example of how to live. Someone said environment, which has nothing to do with how we act.

W.T.F!!!!! ohmy.gif :| @ wacko.gif

I dont live close enough to anything to ride a bike. Id have to ride a bike for 5 hours to go to the Gurdwara. Or ride in a car for 30min-1 hour {depends on what Gurdwara} at 70mph.

Funny how it got twisted towards me...... My thread was to say give the children a better example not clean the air protest or we are all evil until the o-zone is patched or India will also have a climbing polution rate as the moderninze and new factories get built and used. Come on people what good example of human living has to do with polution?

So you can be a good Gursikh but if you dont ride a bike your children will grow up to be thiefs and killers? You could go hug trees and your kids will be able to be a good Gursikh?

How does the 5 evils get defeated by environmental conservation?

I am an environmental conserver. I save rain water in two liter bottles to water my plants. I completely recycle all plastic etc. What does this have to do with giving my daughter a good example from being a good Sikh???????????

Once you start to realise that Sikhi is a lifestyle and not just another religion, then you will start to understand that Sikhi is not only how you interact with your fellow human beings, but also how you interact with the environment. Remember Sikhi is a lifestyle.

I am an environmental conserver. I save rain water in two liter bottles to water my plants. I completely recycle all plastic etc. What does this have to do with giving my daughter a good example from being a good Sikh???????????

Saving water is a good example of acting as a good Sikh.

Recycling appropriately is a good example of acting as a good Sikh.

Throwing refuse in a river is not a good example of acting as a good Sikh.

Driving a gas gluzzler to soley carry oneself is not a good example of acting as a good Sikh.

Wasteful actions is not a good example of acting as a good Sikh.

Are we starting to get the picture?? rolleyes.gif

How does the 5 evils get defeated by environmental conservation?

Do you think someone who wastefully harms his environment, who has no active care for the environment of this planet (the home we all share), do you think such a harmful person has conquered the 5 evils?

God has given you this planet as a home act like a Sikh and take care of it.

More W.T.F's !!!!

Come on people what good example of human living has to do with polution?

I am an environmental conserver....What does this have to do with giving my daughter a good example from being a good Sikh???????????

ohmy.gif :| @ wacko.gif

I'm sorry I wasn't aware that I was hijacking this topic "If You Want To Save The World". I thought it was regarding on the lines of the actions of a good sikh, setting an example for our kids.

And if you think you're an environmentalist; Read SILENT SPRING!!!

I'm sorry I'm reading Rich Dad, Poor Dad at the moment.

Why don't you give the forum an executive summary of SILENT SPRING.