Surname/kaur?

Guest guest

Guest guest

at the moment i am registered with my surname from birth...however i do not like the fact that i have to say my surname when ever i apply for something...as i know guruji said not have a surname which shows your caste/ state etc, therefore i understand that very well and sooooo want to remove my surname... but would not be allowed to do so at the moment as i havent taken amrit( want ot tke it soon) and the thats the only way i could do this as my family will accept it then......

...anways ... the most that i try to do is change my surname to "Kaur" when i write my name down for a competition or make accouunts on the internet for different sites etc...(basically where my passport details or birth certificate etc are not asked)...

however i was just thinkin is it right for me to do this..call myself Kaur before taking amrit.. as i thought your only meant to change your last name to "kaur" after taking amrit? :D

just want to know what are the sangatji's views on this?

gurfateh

sorry for the delay d_oh.gif

i was in the exact same boat as you, i knew King of Kings Dasam Pathshah gave the surname Singh to the Khalsa whilst i was still using a surname which made it clear which caste i used to belong to. so i changed it through deed poll to only 'singh'. it costs around £40 depending on your age. for more UK-based details:

http://www.ukdps.co.uk/HowToChangeYourName.html

oh and i did it 4 years before taking amrit - changing your surname isn't as big a deal as continuing to take steps towards Guru ji and becomming a Khalsa.

this goes for everything including taking amrit: more important than taking the step is continuing to ensure we are worth of taking it. so continue to progress in simran, rehit, spiritual jeevan and Guru Ji will serve as your Guide across the world-ocean and illuminate your path

• 2 weeks later...