Student Camps

harshjeet

In my personal opinion... amrit vela should be a MUST for adult camps... Simran followed by nitnem... this is KEYYY in our daily life..

for younger kids... simran and nitnem still must be done, but its hard to ask 8 year olds to be getting up at 4 am.. they need a starting point... maybe 6sh?... 7sh?... somewhere around there.. something to help them build their routine..

Nitnem/Amrit Vela/Simran helps build discipline in the mind... and what better way to start your day?

Definately, the whole point of a camp is to give the individual a chance to experience the daily routine of a Sikh. This should be a strict thing as we are not on a holiday. Fun can be had through the activities.

Any camper who is disciplined should be brought to the attention of all sevadaars. Rules set out should be adhered to strictly. I was once at a camp where the opening speech when they read out the rules the paji said boys and girls should not be allowed to speak. At the time I thought that is a bit harsh but then as the camp went on I realised why it was important to set out that marker early on, if you give a kid an inch he will take a yard.

In my personal opinion... amrit vela should be a MUST for adult camps... Simran followed by nitnem... this is KEYYY in our daily life..

for younger kids... simran and nitnem still must be done, but its hard to ask 8 year olds to be getting up at 4 am.. they need a starting point... maybe 6sh?... 7sh?... somewhere around there.. something to help them build their routine..

Nitnem/Amrit Vela/Simran helps build discipline in the mind... and what better way to start your day?

its do-able singh ..

recently we had a waterloo sikh youth camp for ages 6-18 .. there were about 15-20 little kids that slept over .. and let me tell you, wake up call was 300am, and the kids were faster to get rdy then us 22-23 yr olds.. and did prakaash amritvela followed by nitnem and simran, was wonderful.. kids that went back home, they all even started coming in bright and early amritvela.. it was truly amaazing..

kids will get up.. they will do what you say but you gotta show them yourselves .. the hardest part is controlloing them while they are out of control during keertan time/simran time.. they are soooo loud! :nihungsmile: