Just A Few Thoughts

Mehtab Singh

Ok please don't get me wrong. Just a few thoughts that have been running in my head after the recent developments in India.

We all are well aware as to how the present rulers in India are bent on wiping out Sikhi. They are out on a mission to terminate Sikhi on an educational, religious, and political arena. Educationally by distorting Sikh history in school text books, religiously by hiring Babas and Sants to distort the meaning of Gurbani, and politically by brainwashing young Sikhs to call all shaheeds as terrorists. Now what I am wondering is that they are doing all this while Sikhs are still a part of India. What can we expect from such people given a situation Sikhs achieve Khalistan? I agree that we can teach our future generations about Sikhi in a much better way once we have our own Khalsa raj, but what about the other non-Sikhs who are in other parts of India outside Punjab, parts that will remain with India? They will forever be studying corrupted and adulterated history. These people have already started branding our Gurus and shaheeds in negative light while we are still a part of India. What can we expect from them once we separate out? Just like they have fed venom against Pakistan to every single infant born in India, they will do something worse with regards to Sikhs and Sikhi. What will we be able to do then? When we have problems already in doing Gurmat parchaar while being Indians, you can imagine what all hassles we can have once we are not Indians in India. They can preach anything anti-Sikh and portray it as the real truth and what will be able to do then? 850 million Indians will forever believe things that are not anywhere close to Sikhi, and we won't have a chance to raise awareness. So what can be the solution? Don't you think that before we have our Raj, that we should educate Sikhs and non-Sikhs alike? So that tomorrow no matter what happens, all people can distinguish between truth and fake.

The other thing is that after some instances like the anti-reservation movement (May 2006), the recent Mumbai blasts (July 11, 2006), and the most recent news about Prince (a 6 year old Dalit kid who fell in a 57 foot ditch and was rescued after 50 hours by the Indian army, and Indians of all religions prayed at their respective worship places non-stop for his safety), Indians are now at the peak of their national unity. Whether Hindu, Muslim, Sikh or Christian, most Indians are now feeling the strong sense of nationalism within themselves. Therefore at this point, any rhetoric or literature that they deem anti-national will only spark off another violent protest and the victims once again will be our fellow brothers and sisters in India. The only viable solution will be if Indians (of all religions) as a whole choose to live under the banner of kesri Nishan Sahib, and all of India be a sovereign Sikh nation (nice to imagine but hard to implement, atleast at present).

The third issue I have in mind is the safety of our Gurdwaras in regions outside Khalistan. What will we do about that?

Please don't misunderstand my post. These are just some issues that have been flashing in my mind. I would like to see some mature and sensible insights from the sangat.

Thanks

The only viable solution will be if Indians (of all religions) as a whole choose to live under the banner of kesri Nishan Sahib, and all of India be a sovereign Sikh nation (nice to imagine but hard to implement, atleast at present)

Sir don’t imagine but believe.

the thakt of Delhi belongs to Sikhs as in 1800 centaury Sardar Jassa Singh Ramgarhia & Sardar Jassa Singh Ahluwalia conquered it.

The Khalistan idea was more fed by the Indian government then the Sant Bindrawale.

.Khalsa Akal Purhk Ke foj

….this quote have a deep meaning which vast numbers of Singhs do not understand

The third issue I have in mind is the safety of our Gurdwaras in regions outside Khalistan. What will we do about that?

We will have to take one step at a time so when we have our own Sovereign state (Khalistan), this means our own army.

..and india wont even think of fooling with the Sikhs

..although Sikhs not even make 2% of the Indian army but they still the back bone of the Indian army!!!!!!!

Hello all,

Well don't panic...not that i'm sayin u r panicin. But if u say somethin which hasn't happened yet, u might cause worry for other ppl...and they shouldn't worry, but pray.

U know it is written in the Japji Paath that 'Faith in God should be your staff'... So we should all rely on God and not on ourselves to protect sikhism. I know it's easily said than done, but we shouldn't show that we are scared...not that i'm saying that u are sacred. And to show that we're not scared we shouldn't use an army, but stand up proud and not neglect our preaching to God. Violence doesn't solve everythin...we don't want to end up like Israel and Palestinians...

Teek Tark

4RR

Before making any further statement, dear Mahtab Singh Ji, you should visit Sikh missions in UP and Maharashtra etc. Go to 'Vanjaaras' anywhere in Maharashtra, UP, Rajasthan etc. See how people of Bharat want to accept the Sikhism. I have had the chance to meet some of them. There are thousands of Sikhs in Bharat, who are not from Punjabi origin. Try to meet them. Try to meet many Sindhis in Gujrat and Maharashtra. India is NanakPanthistan.

Before making any further statement, dear Mahtab Singh Ji, you should visit Sikh missions in UP and Maharashtra etc. Go to 'Vanjaaras' anywhere in Maharashtra, UP, Rajasthan etc. See how people of Bharat want to accept the Sikhism. I have had the chance to meet some of them. There are thousands of Sikhs in Bharat, who are not from Punjabi origin. Try to meet them. Try to meet many Sindhis in Gujrat and Maharashtra. India is NanakPanthistan.

waheguru d_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gif

1) I have no doubt in my mind that Khalistan will be much more powerful country than India. If Hindus (slaves of 1200 years) can run a country then true rulers, Sikhs, can do much more than them. Sikhs will teach their own version of history. Then India will be competing against a country and not a “minority” of a state which will be tougher for India. If India starts teaching false version of American history who would the world believe, America or India? The answer is obvious. Teaching false version of Sikh history would be harder for them. Their purpose is to mislead the Sikh youth more than the Hindus. As long as we have our own generations following the true path, RSS propaganda possess no major threat. They will be damaging their own countrymen by teaching them something that the rest of the world doesn’t agree with. Russia teaches that they won WW2 but America teaches that Americans won it. The entire world believes the more advanced country. Hindus have written books trying to prove that their goddess prepared Amrit of Trishul etc but who actually believes that stuff? We can openly challenge them to debate our Sikh scholars. They have no background, heritage, or roots. They have no father and no mother. Okay, they have Gandhi as father and cow as a mother but I do not want to think of the community of this breed. Having a country means having a political voice in the world, recognition of our religion and a country that represents our religion. This will openly challenge Indian authority. If two countries disagree on something then scholars will have to do an independent research on these subjects and at last truth will be revealed. I am sure people would believe us about our history. We have Gurbani which is our main source of power. Sikhs will never lose. Truth is on our side which is why we are always victorious at the end.

2) I don’t care about how strong the Indian brotherhood is. Either they are with us or with India. 700 years of Mughal Empire doesn’t exist anymore. The sun set on British Empire. Invincibility and prosperity of Afghans was defeated. But Sikhi still exists. This means only one thing: India too shall lose this battle and Sikhs will win. Their propaganda, terrorism and injustice are what will be the main cause of the destruction of their country. Indian nationalism is something that will never come into existence. Hindus want to kill all Muslims in Gujrat, Hindus of UP don’t like Hindus from Gujrat, M.P. doesn’t get along with Gujrat. In south, Christians are killed everyday by Hindus. The point is what seems to be nationalism from outside is not what is inside. Life is not easy but full of challenges. You want a Sikh country? Then be prepared to place your head in its foundations.

3) This is the point I care about. Of course Gurdwaras will be left out but that is the price we must pay. On one hand we have our future generations, our history and honor and on the other hand we have Gurdwaras. I choose Sikhi over Gurdwaras because if Sikhi exists then Gurdwaras will come into existence. Gurdwaras without Sikhi will be mere buildings. For me, honor of our women and survival of the Panth is the most important thing. Nothing else is more important. Sikhs these days easily get disillusioned over this matter. They think after Khalistan outside Gurdwaras will face the same problem as the ones in Pakistan. But this is not true. We have no country which means no treaties with Pakistan. We have no political voice which means no agreements between Pakistan (a country) and Sikhs (no country). For example, USA has embassies in every country because USA itself is a country. Does a community have the right to have an embassy? NO. Sikhs cannot have an embassy because we need political power, and a piece of land that we can call our own. Once we have our country we can negotiate with Pakistan to have control over Gurdwaras which would be similar to having an embassy over a foreign land. We will setup Gurdwara Management Committees that would manage the Gurdwaras and send back monthly reports to the government. Our government will pay for construction and cover all other expenses. Our government will do its best to have friendly relations with the neighboring countries. In return, Pakistan can have control over their mosques. With India we will sign similar treaties. I don’t think India would want to refuse it because Hindus wouldn’t want to be our enemy as well as of Pakistan. Both countries would want to have a buffer state. Besides, Khalistan would need to have access to a sea port which would be either Pakistan or India. Business with other countries is one of the sources of money. Neither country would want the other to have more business. More the friendly is a country to us more the business with them. Historically speaking, whenever Sikhs became the rulers everyone including their enemy extended their hands for friendship. Would anyone want to be against a country whose father of nation is Guru Gobind Singh Ji? I think not. Otherwise, they are destined to doom. I left out many details but this is just a brief summary and my opinions. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Veer Bijla Singh jee, you make some good points on 1 and 3. But could you please explain 2 a little more? Our aim is not destroying India or killing Indians, is it? Majority of Sikhs (or so-called Sikhs) in India are united with their fellow Indians (Hindus, Muslims, Christians) at this point. I also agree that Indians from different parts of India cannot stand each other, but when it comes to fighting terrorism, or waging a war against Pakistan, they are united to the core. Please don't misunderstand me bro, I just want to stress on the fact that our nation be build on foundations of love, not hatred like Pakistan was made. The situation should be such that all non-Sikhs of India realize that Sikhs are a distinct, unique and independant nation who should have their own homeland. I don't want another 1947 or 1984 repeated where Sikhs outside Punjab are killed, burnt, raped and left homeless and helpless. I want that non-Sikhs outside Punjab realize that Khalsa Raj is infact way better than the Ram Raj they have been dreaming about for centuries. For that, we will have to 1.) use love as a tool, not hatred, 2.) educate everyone, Sikh or non-Sikh...not only about Gurbani or Sikh history, but also about what Sikhs went through after 1947, 3.) convince them that Khalsa Raj is the only solution for a peaceful coexistence of all religions together where everyone will have equal rights.

But then again...truth is always different from what we imagine. At the end of the day, whatever happens, its all Gurujee's bhana.

Dear 'Bijla Singh', control your hatred for India.

700 years of Mughal Empire doesn’t exist anymore. The sun set on British Empire. Invincibility and prosperity of Afghans was defeated. But Sikhi still exists.

Even Sikh empire doesn't exist anymore. So what?

Sikhi still exists. Hinduism still exists. So what?

Even if Khali-stan is founded, there will be Sikhs in India. Pakistan was established in 1947. Now India has more Muslim population than Pakistan. Brave Indian Muslim warriors, like Abdul Hamid, destroyed tanks of Pakistan during 1971 battle. Do not beat about the bush. Sikhs live everywhere on this planet. Anti-Sikh people cannot just digest that non-Sikhs are becoming Sikhs. Yes, no one can stop Sikhism to spread in India. India is and will remain NanakPanthistan. You need Khali-stan, go for it, but control your hatred.

Sikhs did not establish their rule in 1469. People like you can say that Sikhs were slave till Baba Banda Singh Bahadur established the Khalsa Raaj. Read Indian history. Only a part of India was under Muslim rule till Aurangzeb.

Open your eyes and see how anti-Hindu people are changing Hindu history. What Hindu organisations are fighting for? Communist scholars changed their history in school books.

This is a fact that only a handful people want Khali-stan. Other Indian Sikhs are against it. Otherwise, Khali-stan would have been existed till now.

Dear Mahtab Singh Ji, do not worry about India and Indians. Such faceless-internet-warriors can do nothing against India. India is not so weak that a few day-dreamers would destroy it. Go and see Vanjaaras in UP, Maharashtra and Rajasthan. There are more than 10 crore NanakPanthis in India. To stop other Indians to become Sikh, anti-Sikh forces are trying Sikhs to be limited in Punjab. But, they will never succeed. Sikhi is spreading. Sikhi will spread. India has the blessings of Guru Gobind Singh Maharaj. Indian Sikhs have the blessings of Guru Gobind Singh Maharaj. India is NanakPanthistan. More and more people will become Sikhs. Future of Sikhi is bright. No one can stop Sikhism.

Regards,

Amrit Pal Singh 'Amrit'