Seed And Mool Mantar Question

Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakal!

Dear all!

The seed is before the roots (Mool). What is the seed if the beginning of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the Mool Mantar?

Balbir Singh

Interesting thought/question. I kind of remember making an attempt to answer this q couple of years ago on another forum, lemme see if I can find it.

curious man Ji!

Quote "the seed is our guru..who gave this bani of akaal purakh to us!! <<<

That is a pleasant approach. I appreciate your answer.

I have a curiosity. Seed does not remain after becoming a tree. The Guru is still today with us. Is it not?

Balbir Singh

Dear Pheena Ji!

Enlightened Persons say ego (I) does not exist in reality. The question is how one can reveal truth from ego?

The realization that I am existing cannot make us realize Hari and His Attributes.

Balbir Singh

Is it not I(ego) as a seed that must break out of its boundries of its encasing (selfish desires)?

Is it not the seed (I-self) that contain within it the whole of tree?

It is said that the seed never meets the tree, but the tree is hidden within the seed. Is this tree of divinity hidden within us all? Whether it is the layer illusion of ego or body that holds us from this realization, the seed must erupt into a tree. Is it not the seed of your self identity that must be lost or broken before the tree of divinity can explode from within you?

Am I the seed?

no ego is the herbicide!!!

its YOU not I

Yes, but it is this ego that give gives you the perception of a seperation, it is this ego that allows you to express humility, it is this ego that brings you the Anand of Surrender, it is this ego that gives you freedom, it is this ego that allow you to act out of Love from the perception of a seperated lover.

Whether this act is a mere illusion is another thought, but regardless this ego has its function.

After all it is only when we are seperated that we realize the significance of what we had. It is so then that we yearn to find that which we have lost. If it were not for this ego, we'd have nothing to surrender, for the only significant thing we have that we can give as a gift to the Guru is yourself, your ego, your I.

Dear Pheena Ji!

Thanks for your post.

Please ponder this.

Ego seems to evolve. New ego is born out of the old. It seems that something is added to the older ego.

Ego gives birth to another ego. Truth is never born out of ego.

Ego dies. God becomes visible. This is true. Ego is not containing the wisdom of God. God is never born out of ego.

Love.

Balbir Singh