Was Operation Blue Star Done Over Grain?

killah

I was doing some research and come across some information that was reported before the june 1984 attack.

This what REUTERS says:

Akali Sikhs from the prosperous Punjab region are threatening to block the movement of grain from the area to other parts of the country. The Sikhs are using their positions as the major supplier of grain for India to put pressure on the government to accede to their request for increase autonomy. The government has introduced measures to speed up the stockpiling of grain in a bid to take the sting out of the Sikh action. Farmers in the Punhab had already sold most of their to agencies responsible for moving it throughout the country before the action was initiated.

How sick and evil is the Indian government whose real intentions of attacking Sikh seperatists and darbar sahib was to ward of the political leverage the akali's who had by holding back produce made from their own homeland. The Indian government used the excuse of "flushing out militants" when the real reason was over grain, with punjab being the breadbasket of India. The grain withholding posed a greater threat to the Indian state's functionality than any action of Sikh seperatists could have brought. Autonomy was all that Sikhs acked for as MK gandhi and Nehru had said in their infamous speech promsing an area in the north where the Sikhs could also experience the glow of azadi (freedom) I'd like to pull out MK gandhi and Nehru from their graves and ask them wheres this glow of azadi that was promised to their Sikh brothers? And yet they got persecution and state terror of the worst kind.

Right im gonna burn the nearest Indian flag I can get hold off :)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How sick and evil is the Indian government

This could take lakhs and lakhs of years to discuss.

Yeah it could, I've read this stuff on Indian govt many times but I was thinking time to move on give India a chance but stuff I've read from independant sources make me sick how they target our community even though Sikhs comprised the most who gave their lives in getting India free from British rule.

Maybe the British govt is the real b*stards in all this. First by recruiting so many Sikhs who bravely and fought honourably for the empire dying in their thousands so that the western world was not ruled by nazi dictators. And then in the end dividing the Sikh homeland of punjab and giving it away to the newly created pakistan islamic scum and to the backstabbing hindu India. What kinda reward is that for loyality Sikhs showed.

Just seems like Sikhs were taken for a ride by everyone. I hope the our new generations learn from history and do not trust in those who have betrayed our people.

Please people don't be so ignorant, it was not over grain.

Remember the simplest answer is normaly the right answer. The true reason why they attacked Siri Darbar Sahib was to teach the newly uprising Sikh community a "lesson". "You stand up against us, and we will DESTROY YOU". And i'm sorry to say they succeeded. Sure we still had our pride after Op Bluestar, but the fact that did not allow the Warrior Sangat from pinds to reach darbar sahib to aid in the battle was a great blow to our moral. They succeeded in causing a sudden demand for khalistan, and putting the Sangat down like dogs.

I've read about the theory of Indian govt wanting to "teach the sikhs a lesson" it holds a lot of truth but the fact is the disrupture of grain from the punjab would have caused food storages in the rest of India leading to politicial unstabilty of the Indian govt and more power and leverage of the Akali dal the sikh nationalists who wanted more autonomy and for the Indian state to stop discriminating sikhs and interference in their socio-political and religious affairs.

How sick and evil is the Indian government

This could take lakhs and lakhs of years to discuss.

Yeah it could, I've read this stuff on Indian govt many times but I was thinking time to move on give India a chance but stuff I've read from independant sources make me sick how they target our community even though Sikhs comprised the most who gave their lives in getting India free from British rule.

Maybe the British govt is the real b*stards in all this. First by recruiting so many Sikhs who bravely and fought honourably for the empire dying in their thousands so that the western world was not ruled by nazi dictators. And then in the end dividing the Sikh homeland of punjab and giving it away to the newly created pakistan islamic scum and to the backstabbing hindu India. What kinda reward is that for loyality Sikhs showed.

Just seems like Sikhs were taken for a ride by everyone. I hope the our new generations learn from history and do not trust in those who have betrayed our people.

Easy Tiger! The brit gov said they'd give Sikhs a seprate homlena dbut what did the banders that represent us say, No! Well they wanted to stay with the hindu haramzade, well enjoy....

I've read about the theory of Indian govt wanting to "teach the sikhs a lesson" it holds a lot of truth but the fact is the disrupture of grain from the punjab would have caused food storages in the rest of India leading to politicial unstabilty of the Indian govt and more power and leverage of the Akali dal the sikh nationalists who wanted more autonomy and for the Indian state to stop discriminating sikhs and interference in their socio-political and religious affairs.

Well it's not like if a few million died they'd notice the difference, there's a billion plus population!! rolleyes.gif

Another interesting point is the role of the sikh leadership of the time. Master Tara Singh hmmm who made him leader? Anyone know?

I read somewhere that apperantly he was born a Hindu? Had most of his family murdered by muslims before partition? Sided with his "hindu brothers" and putting the Sikh share of power in within the Indian union because of these personal grivences?

Another interesting point is the role of the sikh leadership of the time. Master Tara Singh hmmm who made him leader? Anyone know?

I read somewhere that apperantly he was born a Hindu? Had most of his family murdered by muslims before partition? Sided with his "hindu brothers" and putting the Sikh share of power in within the Indian union because of these personal grivences?

His stupidity, and the idiots that followed him and we pay for it now!!

*Unsheaths Kirpan and gets ready to chop heads*