Web Designing

Would_be _Farmer

Hi

I have a huge Project Planned . I just know HTML that too using Dreamweaver.I just wanted to know what other languages should i learn ( I know there isn't a minimum requirement of web designing language to build a web site) so that i make a reasonably good web site.

I know the post may sound bit vague but Project is not a business project but a site to give information on certain topic.

I can simply build using HTML but just to give it more decent layout and look i felt i should use more than HTML.

html itself is very limited. i would recommend that you also learn a bit of javascript . and maybe some CSS (style sheets) as well for the look and feel.

i hope you share your project with us when you are done. :TH:

learn html>php>css(choice)>any other...

@sunny_love_kirtan - you don't need any priavte institution to teach you html, its very simple, go and search google for html tutorials, a very good website is www.pixel2life.com

for a basic good looking website you dont need php at all. php is a very powerful scripting language and can be a bit hard to learn. but do check it out, it has a lot of potential. but if you wanna keep it simple then HTML, Javascript and CSS should be just fine.

@sunny_love_kirtan - you don't need any priavte institution to teach you html, its very simple, go and search google for html tutorials, a very good website is www.pixel2life.com

for a basic good looking website you dont need php at all. php is a very powerful scripting language and can be a bit hard to learn. but do check it out, it has a lot of potential. but if you wanna keep it simple then HTML, Javascript and CSS should be just fine.

THANKA ALOTTTTTTTTT

Intro to HTML - W3 Schools

W3 is one of the best in online tutorals, teaching you all types of languages from html to php, etc.

My advice is you must have lots of time on your hands, and general knowledge of computers in order to find html easy and prior experience working with web applications and minor expeirence with MYSQL will make learning any language EASY

W3 Schools - Tutorials, Guides, Examples of all sorts of languages!

One more thing, if sunny_love_kirtan, and the topic starter and/or pappi, want to all start a sikhism based site Private message me for information and you guys cna start on a website and you guys will learn as you make and work on your very own website.