Just A Few Random Questions That Bewilder Me

Guest s133k_s1kh

Guest s133k_s1kh

FATEH!!!

I have a couple of questions for you guys.

1. When we see a person from our own religion or from a totally diffrent religion become a GURSIKH we feel so proud. But if there is a person from SIKH religion who wants to associate himself/herself with an alternate to sikhi, we are taken aback by his/her actions.

I want to ask the SANGAT, Is this justified??

2. I have come across many families that have SGGS parkash @ their homes and then they have sweet lil, very nicely maintained drinkey ( mini bar) in their basements. no.gif

Shouldn't something be done about this??

And ye one more

3. Why is it that SANGAT here is addressed as brother/sister ?? Is it mandatory or what ? If all GURSIKHS are bros/sisters, why do we support the idea of GURSIKH SPEED DATING??

You dont have to reply to all the questions. Feel free to leave your comments regarding any of the questions above.

Am askin these questions outts curiosity. I dont intend to hurt anyones sentiments.

Bhul chuk layi, khima da yachak aa

GURU ANG SANG!!!

FATEH!!!

I have a couple of questions for you guys.

1. When we see a person from our own religion or from a totally diffrent religion become a GURSIKH we feel so proud. But if there is a person from SIKH religion who wants to associate himself/herself with an alternate to sikhi, we are taken aback by his/her actions.

I want to ask the SANGAT, Is this justified??

Well, I'm sure that when a person becomes a gursikh, he is leaving his religion, be it christianity, hinduism, and i'm sure that the feelings that his family and religion will have mimics our taken aback by his actions... but i think that if a person who is weak and has converted, to let them go.... sikhi is not meant for them... somebody who is stronger willed will take their place.. i have so much respect for people who were not born into a sikh family and became sikh, because they chose this path and respect it fully and don't take even a little bit of it for granted.. a person who was simply given the sikhi life by birth takes it for granted and does not respect it the way it should be respected...

2. I have come across many families that have SGGS parkash @ their homes and then they have sweet lil, very nicely maintained drinkey ( mini bar) in their basements. no.gif

Shouldn't something be done about this??

Yes of course, but what can be done? We can't go into everybody's house and take away the SGGS bir... We can just educate and continue to spread sikhism in every positive way we can....

And ye one more

3. Why is it that SANGAT here is addressed as brother/sister ?? Is it mandatory or what ? If all GURSIKHS are bros/sisters, why do we support the idea of GURSIKH SPEED DATING??

Not just gursikhs, all people in the world are sons and daughters of God, and all the people in the world are brothers and sisters, je estran dekheya jaave... right?

Good questions by the way.... :TH:

Waheguru d_oh.gif

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

once you get married then all other people are looked at as brothers/sisters,aunts/uncles,moms/dads etc.

Humanly we are all brothers and sisters from Waheguru Jio.

People converting to Sikhi are awakened by Akal Purakh, while the manmukhs fate is losing touch with Sikhi and forsaking all the Kurbanian, and giving up GuruJi.(I think of it as, people that convert to Sikhi are not lazy spiritally anymore and all that dont want to be a Sikh has become the laziest your human body can be) Someone that leaves Sikhi plain and simply are against truth.

People that have SGGS in the home and have alcohol in the house are like the ones that have the partyhall in the UK, drinking and eating meat on the Gurdwara premisis. Once you justify it at home then you justify it anywhere. Justify not being a Sikh at home and you will justify not being a Sikh.

Go be a drop of the world ocean in the SadhSangat, thats the only way.

SadhSangat and WaheguruMantar are the only way to the perfect justification of Akal Purakh presence.

once you get married then all other people are looked at as brothers/sisters,aunts/uncles,moms/dads etc.

Humanly we are all brothers and sisters from Waheguru Jio.

People converting to Sikhi are awakened by Akal Purakh, while the manmukhs fate is losing touch with Sikhi and forsaking all the Kurbanian, and giving up GuruJi.(I think of it as, people that convert to Sikhi are not lazy spiritally anymore and all that dont want to be a Sikh has become the laziest your human body can be) Someone that leaves Sikhi plain and simply are against truth.

People that have SGGS in the home and have alcohol in the house are like the ones that have the partyhall in the UK, drinking and eating meat on the Gurdwara premisis. Once you justify it at home then you justify it anywhere. Justify not being a Sikh at home and you will justify not being a Sikh.

Go be a drop of the world ocean in the SadhSangat, thats the only way.

SadhSangat and WaheguruMantar are the only way to the perfect justification of Akal Purakh presence.

I fail to see the logic in some of your posts PSK, first off, converts are just as weak as the rest of the community if not properly directed and taught, since we tend to follow the "norm" and not ask questions. It takes a strong convert to go past the image and look deeper into sikhi and catch the true spirit of khalsa.

you mention a hourse being a party hall... ok, well i guess in your terms and conditions, the SGGS would never see the light of day and remain only in gurdwaras. And i'm sure the guru would not like to just sit in a gurudwara fowever and not spread his word elsewhere :D