Color Of Dastaar...does That Matter?

Guest s133k_s1kh

Guest s133k_s1kh

FATEH!!!

Are there any guidelines on dastar colors ? Some comments in the FUN section have confused me. Is there anything like forbidden dastar colors ?

Some sangat has said we should abstain from wearing certain colors ( eg. red ,green) . Is there any justified explanation to these statements? :D @

Bhul Chuk Maaf

GURU ANG SANG!!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest s133k_s1kh

Khalsa colors : Blue,white,black,yellow/orange These colors represent the Khalsa. No other color dastars are to be worn by a Khalsa.

FATEH!!!

I have read these comments but why can't the other colors be worn???? hmmm.gif Where does it say no other colors are to be worn?

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

The reason why is becasue the turban is a flag, and we are repping the Khalsa so we must show the colors of the Gurus institution.

White=purity

Black=power/protest

Blue=ethers/bani

orange/yellow=wisdom/sacrifice

The reason why is becasue the turban is a flag, and we are repping the Khalsa so we must show the colors of the Gurus institution.

White=purity

Black=power/protest

Blue=ethers/bani

Where did you get that from? Does it really matter what colour you got on as long as you cover your head?

Pritam Singh some of your views are a bit to strict/weird and with no evidence, tell me in Gurbani where does it say you cant wear any other colour?

Its your own interpretation, a sikh can weat any colour, its a Dastar, FULL STOP. You confuse me outright. grin.gif

A turban is not a FLAG, its a CROWN given by Sri Guru Gobind Siingh ji, so that the khalsa stands out in a crowd!

Guest s133k_s1kh

White=purity

Black=power/protest

Blue=ethers/bani

Where did you get that from? Does it really matter what colour you got on as long as you cover your head?

Pritam Singh some of your views are a bit to strict/weird and with no evidence, tell me in Gurbani where does it say you cant wear any other colour?

Its your own interpretation, a sikh can weat any colour, its a Dastar, FULL STOP. You confuse me outright. grin.gif

A turban is not a FLAG, its a CROWN given by Sri Guru Gobind Siingh ji, so that the khalsa stands out in a crowd!

Exactly!!

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

White=purity

Black=power/protest

Blue=ethers/bani

Go and read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont spend all your time on a forum trying to learn. Go and pick up books etc.

I have many books. I get in trouble for reading too much. My views are a bit Sikhi(strict) evidence is everywhere.

Where in Gurbani does it say to be a Khalsa you must take Amrit????? Where does Gurbani say that Sikhs have Anand Karaj ceremony????? Where does Gurbani say about alot of things that we Sikh still traditionally do??????????????

Where does it say you can wear any color turban?????????????????????????????????/

You need to go learn Sikhi and not just debate about things on a forum.

White=purity

Black=power/protest

Blue=ethers/bani

Go and read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont spend all your time on a forum trying to learn. Go and pick up books etc.

I have many books. I get in trouble for reading too much. My views are a bit Sikhi(strict) evidence is everywhere.

Where in Gurbani does it say to be a Khalsa you must take Amrit????? Where does Gurbani say that Sikhs have Anand Karaj ceremony????? Where does Gurbani say about alot of things that we Sikh still traditionally do??????????????

Where does it say you can wear any color turban?????????????????????????????????/

You need to go learn Sikhi and not just debate about things on a forum.

Pritam Singh, I have read them all, I need no book or something telling me, either trust Guru Granth Sahib or dont trust it at all and you go read BOOKS as you say.

Tell me why you must wear a specific colour? WHY? Whats the reason, does it make you a better person?

Spending my time on the forum is being part of SANGATH and gets counted, its just not forum, its time spent well.

Exactly, wear does it say to wear different colour turbans? Its individual preference.

and for your information abotu Anand Karaj: Though the Lava are in gurbani actually:

The four nuptial rounds were written by Guru Ram Das for his own wedding. They explain the journey of the souls toward the Almighty. In them he tells us of the duties that a person undertaking a life of marriage should perform. In the first round, the Guru asks the partners to:

commit to righteousness

renounce sinful actions

Remember, mediate and embrace Naam

Only by good fortune, is real peace obtained

Worship the one Waheguru and all your sins will vanish

In the second round, the Guru asks the partners to advance further towards meeting the True Guru - God:

have fear of God and your ego will disappear

Sing God's praises and feel His presence

God is everywhere, outside and within, sing in Joy

In the third round, the Guru says that the partners mind is filled with "Divine Love":

meeting the Sadh Sangat (Holy Congregation)

which is only obtained by good fortune

Recite Gurbani and sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord

The [[Naam] will vibrates and resounds within your heart

and you will know your future destiny.

In the final round, the Guru says that the partners mind become peaceful and they will have found the Lord:

God's Will seems sweet to these Gurmukhs.

You will lovingly focus your consciousness on the Lord, day and night

All your desires will be fulfilled

The Souls will blend with Waheguru and only Naam will occupy your heart.

About Amrit:

3rd Guru, Guru Amar Das Ji has made it very clear in his composition in Raag RAMKALI on page 918 Guru Granth Sahib that "The spiritual persons and the silent sages search for the Immortal (Ambrosial) Nectar; this Amrit is only obtained from the Guru. The wording is :

... suir nr muin jn AMimRqu Kojdy su AMimRqu gur qy pwieAw ]

“Sur nur mun jun Amrit Khojde, So Amrit Gur Te Paayea”