Color Of Dastaar...does That Matter?

Guest s133k_s1kh

I skiped through a few posts, but what veerji Pritam Singh is saying is absolutely correct. Veerji has alredy written the colours we shud wear and why we should wear them. The reason we cant wear other colours is that Dastaar is part of khalsa bana right, its our uniform. In that case we must have rules and order for the unifrom. All armies have set colour(s) for their uniform, and so do we.

Sorry if sum1s alredy sed this

ps. have a listen of this http://www.panthkhalsa.org/BabaNihalSinghJ...ihalSingh_1.ram

http://www.panthkhalsa.org/BabaNihalSinghJi/index.php

Veerji has written the colours, not the Guru himself, why should we listen Baba nihal singh ji, when Gurbani is clearly there stating that it doesnt matter about colour.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fatehjee,

you know what i don't see the point in wearing a red or pink dastaar, i also think its silly to match your dastaar to your shirt, your Accessorising which is wrng, why cant we wear the plain and simple khalsa colours? isn't it just better? rather than fussing everyday on what colour to wear and match it to your shirts, i doubt singhs in the past matched there dastaraa to a certain clothing, it just doesnt seem right, i think you should keep it all simple and be simple. there is no need to wear all these bright colours like red, i also think its wrong to wear a red dastaar on your wedding, shouldnt it be a simple colour e.g blue or white? anyway this is my opinion,forgive me if i said anything wrong!

fatehjee

fatehjee,

you know what i don't see the point in wearing a red or pink dastaar, i also think its silly to match your dastaar to your shirt, your Accessorising which is wrng, why cant we wear the plain and simple khalsa colours? isn't it just better? rather than fussing everyday on what colour to wear and match it to your shirts, i doubt singhs in the past matched there dastaraa to a certain clothing, it just doesnt seem right, i think you should keep it all simple and be simple. there is no need to wear all these bright colours like red, i also think its wrong to wear a red dastaar on your wedding, shouldnt it be a simple colour e.g blue or white? anyway this is my opinion,forgive me if i said anything wrong!

fatehjee

Phenji, all colours are simple, there isnt no right or wrong colour, However the matching process of Dastar and shirt, thats abit weird.

What is Khalsa? Does anybody know properly what is Khalsa, Khalsa is not just a uniform, whateveer colour dastar you want, its the crown of Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji, there is no limit to colours, its not a SIN to wear a different colours besides blue, white and yellow, its the culture, its not religion. The religion is to wear a dastar, and culture is to wear any colour, there is no ban on colours, simple as.

I can give you an example when Guru Sahib didnt like BLUE much as it reminded him of the moghuls too.

yes but to wear a red dastaar and a red shirt together it does not look right, even pink that doesnt look like a crown, when i see someone wearing for example a blue or orange dumalla that is when it looks like a crown, it looks so nice. i dont know i just dont think all these different colours shouldnt be worn,and i think it looks less crown like. yes but i doubt very much guru sahib wore a red dastaar!

fatehjee

yes but to wear a red dastaar and a red shirt together it does not look right, even pink that doesnt look like a crown, when i see someone wearing for example a blue or orange dumalla that is when it looks like a crown, it looks so nice. i dont know i just dont think all these different colours shouldnt be worn,and i think it looks less crown like. yes but i doubt very much guru sahib wore a red dastaar!

fatehjee

I understand what you mean Phenji! and I respect your understanding!

:TH:

:nihungsmile:

Listen to me oh foolish ones....

Wear the colour that you desire, Guru ji has not applied any restrictions on colour. - The clours mentioned by Khalsa Pritam ji, are the ones Sikhs choose to wear more than 'green or red'

Why make another issue to debate about when we already have billions already....

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

Guest s133k_s1kh

fatehjee

FATEH!!!!

Most of us here defend the things what we always have been doing. I really didnt get this, Blue/Orange are Crowns and Pink/Red/Green are less Crown Like ? Funny :D ....Now i can see what is coming next. Dumala is more Crown like and the Normal Dastar ( Usually termed PAGG) is less crown like. LOL.gif

Most of the people coming on this forum are residing outside India and i understand why you think like that. You have an oversimplified conception in your heads about Turbans. As KHALSA4EVER stated KHALSA IS MORE THEN JUST TURBAN COLORS.

Pakhandi_Baba i understand what you mean but if we are having issues on such small matters how in the world do you think we'll agree on bigger serious problems.

I really feel sorry for the people who have pre-conceived notions and are too obstinate to accept the facts.

Okie if for a second we say KHALSA should wear just the 4 colors mentioned by PSK veerji. What would you say about the BANA of the KHALSA. When you people go to work, skool, Universities DO YOU WEAR CHOLA TO THESE PLACES???? Guru Sahib didn't wear JEANS, HOODIES, TRACKPANTS either.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

GUR FATEH!!!

No i dont wear bana, but i dont tend to match my top with my dastaar either :D, i never said dumalla is more crown like, and i dont normally like to use the word pag, i think dastaar should be used. that is just my opinion, everyone thinks and acts differently, you even see people wearing matching shirts and bright red dastaara out of india! as i said beforei was giving my opinion, just because i didnt agree with you there was no need to get angry, different people think different things :D its up to you if you want to wear a pink or red dastaar, nothing to do with me.

forgive me if i said anything wrong

fatehjee

Guest s133k_s1kh

No i dont wear bana, but i dont tend to match my top with my dastaar either :D, i never said dumalla is more crown like, and i dont normally like to use the word pag, i think dastaar should be used. that is just my opinion, everyone thinks and acts differently, you even see people wearing matching shirts and bright red dastaara out of india! as i said beforei was giving my opinion, just because i didnt agree with you there was no need to get angry, different people think different things :D its up to you if you want to wear a pink or red dastaar, nothing to do with me.

forgive me if i said anything wrong

fatehjee

FATEH!!!

The way you have written the above post it seems you are upset. I never said i was angry. I was talkin in general. I am not sayin i match my shirt and PAGG but if someone does i dont see anything wrong in that atleast he has a DASTAAR. I respect your opinion :TH: but if felt i was angry or something ..Me sowiiee for that :s

GURU ANG SANG!!