what is a nang?

serenity

hello everyone,

recently I've been reading a post in which alot of references were made to nang....and I don't know what it means, I asked bikramjit singh who hasn't answered (he seems to use it alot) ..but he may not have seen the question! rolleyes.gif

er...what is a nang? :@ I thought it was someone who is dressed up as a nihang, but secretly hates and disrespects their maryada :@ but I have since seen people who are not admitting to being nihang using this term...so what is it? and how do you come to the conclusion that someone is a nang in your eyes :T:

this is for everyone. B)

hello everyone,

recently I've been reading a post in which alot of references were made to nang....and I don't know what it means, I asked bikramjit singh who hasn't answered (he seems to use it alot) ..but he may not have seen the question! rolleyes.gif

er...what is a nang? :@ I thought it was someone who is dressed up as a nihang, but secretly hates and disrespects their maryada :@ but I have since seen people who are not admitting to being nihang using this term...so what is it? and how do you come to the conclusion that someone is a nang in your eyes :T:

this is for everyone. B)

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Apologies I did not read the original questions.

A Nang

In Punjabi means Naked as in the word Nanga.

In rustic Punjabi is anyone who is worthless, has no worldly goods and probably has no clothes ( hence Nanga ). This is not because he has given away his goods but because through his own foolishness he has lost them either through gambling or through his own foolish actions.

Amongst Nihangs

It means a Nihang who wears the Nihang Baana but inwardly is devious and his actions are the complete opposite of what the Baana stands for.

In my view Narsingha and Lallesvari qualify to be called Nangs. Although Lallesvari claims to be a Nirmala as far as I know there is no word equivalent to Nang for a fake Nirmala. Although one particularly clever person on Sikhawareness suggested 'Nira -Maila' ( complete rubbish ) as a suitable word. :@ )

GurFateh

Bikramjit

Thanks Bikramjit...so you have to be sure that these people are actually nihangs first...then you can call them nang..yes? :@

Er...however...it sounds like nindia to me. On the net how is it possible to dertermine whether someone is being anti nihang and anti nihang maryada? They could be just joking for all we know, yet I have seen people merge net (aka cyber world) with the real world and come to the conclusion that those that post answers on the net that are against nihangs must be nangs...... thus forgetting the reality gap between net and world. :@

Do you get me?

It is confusing. :@

nangs are ppl who preach their own version of twisted hatefull "sikhi"

like the ppl in the UK, like niddar, and lalalvesaher and all thosse other kusraye who claim meat is ok, and that the goat they kill will be in carnted as a human, or that smokin the pot is coool cause it gets u high, and u totaly get high man like owah

Admin note: This was a pre-emptive closing of this topic. This issue could only lead to useless debate. B)