Pesh

Guest Guest

apart from blatantly going against panj pyareh hukam. ie, bujjar kurehit, not doin ishnaan, nitnem daily, beleiving in 1 god, wat other circumstances r there in which 1 wud have 2 go pesh in front of panj pyareh.

like some say they wud 4 missing 1 amrit vela whilst others miss loads of amrit vela and dont go

why is this???

the only standard rule is that if you have committed bujjar kurehit, then you should pesh.

Everything else is a "non-peshable" offense.... i.e... it shouldn't be necessary to pesh if you've missed other things....doing ardaas for guidance is the prime way to "make up for" the lost days where you could have been stronger in rehit... and keep doing ardaas with your heart, and hopefully it gets answered!

That is my opinion..others feel that it is justified to pesh for something that is not a kurehit..my opinion is that...if you do that, you could pesh as much as you wanted for anything in the books..and that ,to me, cheapens amrit, and undermines your responsibility as a gursikh to take care of your problems with the guidance of God..... peshing is the "Easy" way to erase your sins.... but that's my opinion..

I think if you have doubts in your mind on an issue which do not go away these need to be resolved and you should go Pesh. If you feel you need to go Pesh, then go. If you feel you don't then don't - but it is always a better rather than worse thing to go - if in doubt don't be scared to go and present your worries or doubts to the Panj!

peshing is the "Easy" way to erase your sins.... but that's my opinion..

I would disagree. I don't think there's any easy way to erase your sins. I think doing a personal ardaas is much easier than admitting your mistakes to Punj Pyaaray. A lot of people would avoid a peshee simply due to ego and not wanting to be exposed.

I agree it is a "standard rule" to pesh for bujjar kurehits, but if someone has done something which doesn't qualify as a bujjar kurehit but still seems quite serious, why create a "rule" for whether they can pesh for it or not? It's not something to be taken lightly, but neither is your jeevan. If you've made some kind of mistake, which will affect your jeevan in one way or another, you'd likely want to clear it up in the best way possible.

If you do ardaas for your "non-peshable" offenses, that's fine, but getting peshed has the additional bonus of being an opportunity to seek guidance which could perhaps help you avoid making the same mistake in future, and also serves as an opportunity to discuss the issue with Gursikhs who could give you some meaningful insight. Some people also find it useful to be given some kind of sevaa (ie. some paaths or other sevaa).

All in all, I hope we'd agree that Punj Pyaaray = Guru Sahib, so who can put a limit on what you can or cannot discuss with your Guru?

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa, Vaheguru ji ki fateh!

There's a slight difference in the terminology, if you have committed one of the bujjar kurehts, you MUST go for pesh in front of the punj pyare at the next amrit sanchaar and explain to them what happened, if you are married you must go with your wife. But they will consult with you separately when you do go in front of the punj pyaare.

The difference that daas mentioned is that when you have committed kurehts in your jeevan after taking amrit you must go for SUDHAAEE which is when the punj pyaare will instruct you on how to not repeat that kurehat and give you advice and guidance so you don't make the same mistake again. You can get sudhaaee done for several things, accidently eating meat, falling prey to one of the 5 vikaars but not going to the extent of committing a bujjar kurehat, being apart from your kakaars, dhill (lacking) in the shower, amritvela, and the minimum 7 bania.

They will tell you ways to improve your jeevan and help you get closer to Akaal purkh by fixing these atutees in your jeevan and give you support. They may say you must retake amrit even if you have not committed a bujjar kureht but its not a big thing, I had to retake amrit because I use to eat out, and my punj pyaare told me not to with limitations. So its not a big deal.

Alot of times its been made of too big of a deal to go "PESH" in front of the punj pyaare, but as Guru Sahib's saroop they will help guide you, scold you, and help improve your life as a father does.

Bhul chuk muaf.

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa, Vaheguru ji ki fateh!

tht wud b relations outside marriage

which wud b pesh i think

yeah for sure. becuase maharaj told , apart from our wife, we should treat people younger than us as sons/daughters, people same age as brothers or sisters, and someone older as mother or father, and by having a bf/gf, in maharaj's eyes it would be like brtoher and sister going out whichhh is totalllly grosssss

"you must go for SUDHAAEE which is when the punj pyaare will instruct you on how to not repeat that kurehat and give you advice and guidance so you don't make the same mistake again"

so if u didnt go for sudhaaee would you be considered none amritdhari? is the sudhaaee compulsory?

You would not be considered "not amritdhari", you're still amritdhari since the first day you took amrit, once you take amrit you become amritdhari, we have to really go into the meaning of being amritdhari its different for everyone.

You go for sudhaaee to improve these faults and yea IT IS NECESSARY no matter what you think otherwise.