Best Game Console To Be Sent To India

Balait_da_Sher

Fateh jee

Today is Bandi Shor Diwas so sabh nu Diwali di lakh lakh vadhai hove.

As everyone does i rang my sisters, nephews, neices in india and since my parents are going india next month i was asked

"Mamma jee tusi Game khedan vali cheeze lai ke aiyo"

So blush.gif being a mamma one has to fulfill all demands.

I asked them, "Do you want it from here (uk) or from india?". I asked because i was talking about the compatibility as in their TV might not support the games console. They were like "Je asi india to laini hundi assi lai na lende"

So i have decided to just send them what ever is suitable and good for a 10 years old.

You may be wondering what this post is about. Well what i want to ask is

1) What is the best game console to be sent to india?

2) Can you tell me if it will work in india?

3) What about the game availability?

4) Finally, if possible its retail price in india.

I am thinking of Xbox 360 but unsure if it will work there or should i stick to good old sony ps2 etc. Help please as i dont really play games and have 0 knowledge in this department.

Many thanks

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you send any console make sure you send a surge adapter, India's electricity supply isnt the same as Britain. Xobox 360 games are really expensive in Britain so you can imagine how expensive they will be in India. PS2 is better because you can get it chipped (do it yourself kit costs £20), that way you can play games from all around the world, and of course games that have been backed up onto a standard disk. You can usually buy back up games for about 70p each. (By back up i mean copied.) Copying a game on to another disk is not illegal as long as you have the original game :D

Xbox (not 360 but original) or PS2. Both can be modded easily. Thinking about you can pick up a modded PS2 or Xbox for about the same price it costs for a unmodded one in the UK plus you have the bonus of a warranty and you do not get hasled by customs in India who will pretend you have imported a super computer just to try and get some cash out of you.

You can fill your boots with "backed" up games (which of cause you will destroy if you do not own the original) for both the Xbox and the PS2. Out the two I prefer the Xbox because you can do more with it (add a new HDD and install Xbox Media Centre etc etc). Games are about 75RS each from Palika Bazar not sure how much they are in Punjab.

Avoid a fancy new 360 or Nintendo Wii. Not many "backed" up games for the 360 in India, not even in Palika Bazaar (Delhi), so the kids will have to go without games.

if you send any console make sure you send a surge adapter, India's electricity supply isnt the same as Britain. Xobox 360 games are really expensive in Britain so you can imagine how expensive they will be in India. PS2 is better because you can get it chipped (do it yourself kit costs ?20), that way you can play games from all around the world, and of course games that have been backed up onto a standard disk. You can usually buy back up games for about 70p each. (By back up i mean copied.) Copying a game on to another disk is not illegal as long as you have the original game :D

Surge protectors are cheaper in India. You could get a big fancy voltage stabiliser for the whole house for a few thousand rupees. Or a simple one device one for a few hundred rupees, or the really cheap one which has replaceable fuses for 50/60RS (maybe less and a couple of rupees for the fuses).

Should i get it modded here or let them get it done in india? I am thinking of buying a PS2 console for them.

I only have about 2 weeks left so got to hurry.

no get it modded in india... i took a ps2 for my cousin once and got it done there... i don't know bout your cousin, but mine liked being in charge of getting it done, and plus he knew a guy that mods it..... it's cheap and practical and it just makes more sense and less of a headache for you................ wacko.gif

Should i get it modded here or let them get it done in india? I am thinking of buying a PS2 console for them.

I only have about 2 weeks left so got to hurry.

I would just buy it over there. A brand new slim line modded one in Delhi (should be similar price in Punjab) could be had for between 6500 and 7000RS which is pretty cheap. I think an unmodded one in UK costs close to £100. They all come from the same factory but as with most things apne bande think foreign is better.

If you are going to buy in UK then have a look at the deal Argos are currently doing with Buzz and Singstar and a black PS2 for £99. Add a battery or something cheap and your total will be over £100 and they will give you a £10 voucher. So a console and a few bits and pieves for about £90. Avoid the Harry Potter and extra controller deal, you can buy both these items for less than £20. The Singstar and Buzz thing is worth about £40 on ebay.

Some of you guys are not understanding the problem here.

As Kurtas said "Apne bande think forgein items are better"

I offered to get them one from india becuase atleast they will know it will work there. but they were like we want one from uk. So i said fine, dont blame me if it doesnt work.

Average price of PS2 on Ebay (brand new) is around £50 - £60 so i thinki will get it from there.