Best Game Console To Be Sent To India

Balait_da_Sher

Some of you guys are not understanding the problem here.

As Kurtas said "Apne bande think forgein items are better"

I offered to get them one from india becuase atleast they will know it will work there. but they were like we want one from uk. So i said fine, dont blame me if it doesnt work.

Average price of PS2 on Ebay (brand new) is around ?50 - ?60 so i thinki will get it from there.

You sure those are brand new on ebay ?

The PS2 used to have dodgy drives so I would not buy one off ebay. I would be inclined to get it in India, the retail boxes are same as in UK and they will not notice the difference. Maybe they think you will get them one of those cheapo Chinese consoles that have a hundred games or so on them.

I have in the past bought items in India, put them in a Sainsburys or ASDA carrier bag and handed them to relatives. They thought what they had was from UK and were very pleased. I was also pleased as I saved a bit of money and managed to take things from the UK for my own house which I could not buy in India (eg a Stanley Claw Hammer).

Some foreign things are better, for example hammer drills in the UK even the cheap ones are pretty decent compared to ones you get in India (nice metal body and not earthed so you can be electrocuted whilst doing some DIY). Even rawplugs are better in the UK.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i would say get a psp since its portable and u can easilly downgrade it and stuff (which means u can just download free games) but its hard and if u screw up their goes ur psp (its a brick which means its broken).

So just go with the ps2.

wait wiat wait... what's this... i didn't know you could download free games on the psp.... my brother-in-law has one... how do you do this? you never have to buy games then? please explain... thanks...

fateh

Guest s133k_s1kh

wait wiat wait... what's this... i didn't know you could download free games on the psp.... my brother-in-law has one... how do you do this? you never have to buy games then? please explain... thanks...

fateh

FATEH!!

Umm...I dont know from where does Prabhjit Singh Khalsa downloads his stuff. But there are a lot of torrent sites that have XBOX, PS2, XBOX360, PSP games available. To make those games compatible with XBOX or PS2, the game console has to be modified. I am not sure how things work with PSP but GAMES ARE AVAILABLE ON INTERNET :TH: and ye ITS ILLEGAL TO DOWNLOAD THAT STUFF no.gif so choice is yours.

GURU RAKHA!!!

Its not for me, its for my nephews. Problem with desis is that they wont be happy even if you get them somehting way better tahn they asked for.

They are only happy if you get them exactly what they asked for. They asked for a games console the one you can use with tv so that will be it. Plus its two boys so one psp is gonna be a problem.

Its not for me, its for my nephews. Problem with desis is that they wont be happy even if you get them somehting way better tahn they asked for.

They are only happy if you get them exactly what they asked for. They asked for a games console the one you can use with tv so that will be it. Plus its two boys so one psp is gonna be a problem.

Best Solution is to call them in India and tell them that everyone is advising you against buying gaming console from UK. Tell them about pirated game cd's cost and orignal CD's cost , explain them how it would be better to buy gaming console from India itself.

As long they are assured that they would be getting a gaming console from your side, they won't mind from where you bought gaming console

I searched on net using song Ps2 Palika Bazar and here are the some interesting links

http://www.techtree.com/India/Sony_Slashes...-72681-585.html

http://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-205.html

Mostly we think latest is best i.e PS-3 better than PS-2, not necessary as i once read since PS-2 is bit old technology, hackers were able to hack into PS-2's defense against use of pirated cd mechanism easily as compared to say PSP or latest version

Oh Bhai, don't worry. Just get either PS2 or XBox 360, get to a good gamer/electronic shop here in india and it should be easy!

What's the district? Is it near or far to any city? Dont worry about modding, they do it here. Just think the games availability. I am sure they'll be surprised with XBox, as it's just been launched here last month and all are excited watching the promos. PS2, believe me, every tiddu piddu has played with tongue.gif including me tongue.gif