Akhand Paths Think !

k_S_T

:D To day at slough Singh sabha gudwara slough right there's 3 akhand paths from the same family members but no ones sits in guru jis darbar :@ and that ticks me off cuz y have 3 akhand paths if ur not going to listen to guru sahibs bani and from where I see it its Beadbi of Guru Sahib grin.gif cuz I see it every week cuz its 2 off us and we look after guru sahib and we change all the rumalas and everything at the gudwara and I got sooo stressed today abt it one off the family members came up to me asking me if i got a problem and if i have i should cum and say it to this face i was like ok <_< @ I was like wahe guru I was like look parji u got 3 akhand paths sahibs and u lot all sitting in downstairs while u got Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee’s Pavitar Saroop upstairs with no one sitting there listening to bani y have akhand path sahibs then he goes y dnt u go there then cuz im going home I was u wot ohmy.gif but the point is yyyyyyy have akhand paths if we just going to sit downstairs’ talking abt so and so daughter running away with so and so son if u chosen to do akhand path de seva u do it with respect its not that u jus leave guru ji and then go home

Sorry it got me soo stressed but I see this as Beadbi of Guru Sahib

And the committees no good I have said all this to them they should think before sum one books a path

Let me knw wot u lot think sorry if I sed anything wrong blush.gifpray.gif

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Thats why we all should have Guru Sahib living with us in our homes so we know personally that there is no beadbi, and you will "get sukh".

If they had one akhand paath in Darbar Sahib then anyone visiting Gurughar would have GuruJi speaking instead of the tek,prashad, leave etc. but have more than one in a reasonable radius is pointless because one is good enough. If they were to do akhand paath with many saroops then why not at the same time were all the Granthis recite in unison, maybe have Panj Pyare recite Akhand Paath at the same time etc. Would that be beadbi also????

I personally believe this is not beadbi, if granthi singhs are reading bani fully alert and with maryada. Its just that the family which has initiated sri akhand path sahib will not get any benefit for the same as their involvement is zero. Sikhs were supposed to be doing simran or reading bani for most part of their life, but it is decreasing exponentially. Akhand paath sahib was started so atleast the family can get involved for sometime and be close to guruji. But nowdays ppl are forgetting its importance.They forget that without doing any sewa or listening to bani they will not get any laha from the path. Maybe guruji will put some sense in our thick minds.

as per sikh reyat maryada :

Article IX

a. The non-stop reading of the Guru Granth Sahib is carried on at hard times or on occasions of elation or joy. It takes approximately fortyeight hours. The non-stop reading implies continuous, uninterrupted reading. The reading must be clear and correct. Reading too fast, so that the person listening in to it cannot follow the contents, amounts to irreverence to the Scriptures. The reading should be correct and clear, due care being bestowed on consonant and vowel even though that takes a little longer to complete.

b. Whichever family or congregation undertakes the non-stop reading should carry it out itself through its members, relatives, friends, etc., all together. The number of reciters is not prescribed.

If a person, himself, cannot read, he should listen in to the reading by some competent reader. However, it should never be allowed to happen that the reader carries on the reading all by himself/herself and no member of the congregation or the family is listening in to the reading. The reader should be served with food and clothing to the best of the host's means.

c. Placing a pitcher, ceremonial clarified-butter-fed lamp, coconut, etc. around, during the course of the uninterrupted or any other reading of Guru Granth Sahib, or reading of other Scriptural texts side by side with or in the course of such reading is contrary to the gurmat (Guru's way).

Commencing the Non-Stop Reading (Akhandpath)

I would like to stress B

i cannot find it at the momment in sikh reya maryada but it also states that only one thing should be done at a time... ex. when paat is going on kirtan shouldnt go on at the same time... what laha will the person get from either one of them... they cant understand or listen to any of them... it is pakhand.... i have seen this with my own eyes it is unbelieveable

Guest PRITAM SINGH KHALSA
it should never be allowed to happen that the reader carries on the reading all by himself/herself and no member of the congregation or the family is listening in to the reading