Sikh Party In Canada

Why don't Sikhs in Canada create their own party? I think there are about 6-9 MPS in Canada who are Sikhs, I truly believe we should start our own party - the Sikh Canadian Party.

The SCP could be founded on Sikh principles and help shape democracy in Canada.

ya but im pretty sure if those MPs werent either liberal or conservative they wouldnt hav been elected

believe it or not, sometimes voters vote for PLATFORMS... not for POLITICIANS...

there's very few people in the world who like politicians!! it's more about what direction seems best for the sake of the coutnry.... sometimes it's not aobut voting for Gurbax Malhi, it's about voting for the Liberal Party in Malton.

Okay, it is a possibility. But the thing is right now we only have TWO visible Sikhs in the Parliament (Federal Level) intill more do not step up to the plate. I can't see this as a reality. Remember we need QUALITY not QUANTITY. Also, usually in Politics if people think that some party will be winning, they ususally end up voting for that party. Parties like Liberal right now probably the best party for Sikhs, also the safest one. If Sikhs ran in NDP its' very unlikely they get elected, because that party is not strong enough. A good post though, it gets you thinking.

What if in the future we see a Singh for PM of Canada. :TH: :nihungsmile:

That would be OFF THE HOOOOOOK!!!!!!!!

gurbax singh mahli doesnt know one word of english!

secondly if they were to start there own party they wouldnt get one single vote.... all the gorai will vote to the other parties!

if we start a shromani akali dal here it will end up like india... i gurentee it...

gurbax singh mahli doesnt know one word of english!

wat? malhi doesnt know one word of english? where did u get that from?

hes the most respected sikh politician in Canada. even tho his party (liberals)supports the gay marrige but he still is against it unlike the other singh navdeep bains and ruby dhalla who support it who are liberals.

Malhi was also the first "turbaned Sikh" elected to parliament anywhere in the western world.

hes made history for the canadian sikhs.

AND I WONDER HOW HE GOT SOO SUCCESSFUL IN CANADUAN POLITICS WITHOUT KNOWING A SINGLE WORD OF ENGLISH!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gurbax_Malhi