Forgiveness?

Guest _?????_

Guest _?????_

I am submitting this post because I want to ask why we do not forgive people who have been sorry for whatever misconduct that occurred, who have moved on, who have repented, who have learnt their lesson?

If Guru ji forgives, and helps us, supports us, is ang sang sahai, forgives our sins if we are truly sorry then why do we sometimes still frown upon people and not associate with them any more?

I have seen we have people denying others chance to do seva, who are we to do that? Isn’t seva one aspect of Sikhi that helps create and maintain nimarta, shardha, piaar, respect and so on? Even when a person has genuinely apologised, admitted their faults, put right what was done wrong, been for Pesh in front of Panj, accepted their “punishment”, done what was asked of them and STILL we are better than Guru ji all of a sudden because WE can’t forgive and forget? I don’t want this to turn into a bashing thread I just want people to think twice about things.

Also second scenario, recently, a really good friend of mine was attacked by kaam, and unfortunately kaam turned out to be a stronger force. Now since then this person has admitted to their mistake, apologised, and is going to be Pesh at their next available opportunity, this person can now identify the causes leading up to the incident and can better appreciate how very easy it is to fall slave to such a vice when one’s spiritual jeevan is not fully developed and/or has not been concentrated upon for a while. Now this person has done a lot, sometimes even single handedly for my local community. Now does all that just go out the window? Should we forget all that work and just remember this person for their one down fall? Now since, this person has been disregarded by their ‘friends’ and hence have no Sangat of Gursikhs, this person may now take a bigger fall and be attracted to other sangat of non Gursikhs, won’t this be more harmful? Gur kirpa this won’t happen but what can we know? Wouldn’t it be better for Sikhs to support this person and offer them help rather than finger point and laugh?

I for one have not stopped communication with this person, they have been a friend for me, supported me with my Sikhi and I intend to do the same, regardless of the labels I get attached with by others. I just wish people would think more deeply and look profoundly into their inner selves and search for this forgiveness and actually practice it, see the Jot within others and help it Shine. Do not shun others; look in your own back yard 1st.

Treat others how you wish to be treated!!

bhul chuk maaph