Sarblohhh Bibeeeek

Guest :P

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

They boil the milk to kill micro-organisms in the milk. All milk in the west is pasteurized, which means that the microbes are prekilled. Any chemical preservatives, etc, that are added are not affected by boiling.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

though that may be a factor, thats not the reason Sarblohee Singhs boil their milk bought from a market...

this is my understanding of the rehit, im sure theres many mistakes, so plz correct me where im wrong..

The whole point of Bibek is to control our outer senses. Most people think bibek is just about eating from certain people-although that is an important part of it-thats not the end. We are here on the Earth to do our Bhagthee and everything around us effects that. Bibek is about controlling all the outer elements as much as we can. Using your eyes only to see good things, i.e not watching the gandh that comes on tv these days. Using ur ears to listen to good things i.e BaaNee, none of the gaaNay most ppl listen to which are all about sex/money/drugs etc. The things we eat/drink also have an affect on our mind/thoughts. Thats why Bibekee Singhs only eat from Gursikhs who do Simran, Paatth. So when Bibekee Singhs buy milk from the store, they boil it and do simran with their dhiaan(concentration) on the milk. This is so the vibrations of Naam flow strongly through the milk.

There are also levels of Bibek, some ppl still may drink from water bottles etc. where you want to draw the line is up to you.

And for ppl trying to diss this rehit of Guroo Jee...just because you dont have the dedication/discipline it takes to keep this rehit, doesn't mean you should go around dissing it. Understand that the weakness is in yourself..Dont discourage others from keeping this rehit, just becuase you dont keep it. Its like those monay who make themselves feel better by saying theres no point in keeping kesh.

Bhul Chuk Maaph Karnee

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

I suppose I am sorry for my little cow in pot comment, but I hope you understand where I am coming from. Rehat is good: so long as it follows gurbani and serves a purpose. Kesh serves a purpose, so does not eating meat. But as soon as you start to define rehat based on who touched what, it becomes a simple ritual.

Bibek itself, sticking with "pure" ingredients is fine. I can understand how that is important. But if your mom isn't amritdhari touches it, it doesn't defile the food. Believing that is PURE brahminism. Our gurus accepted food offerings from others: kings, poor farmers, none of whom were amritdhari nor many who were not even declared servants of Gurujee.

So do not say that past karams come to play when I reject this rehat. I reject it because it is WRONG. Last time I checked, when our Gurus found others doing something wrong, they spoke out and did the opposite (eg: Guru Nanak watering his fields, remember this Sakhi?) to show the folly of rituals.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!