Gurbaani Talking About Hair

VAAHEGUROO JEE KAA KHAALSAA, VAAHEGUROO JEE KEE FATEH

I know this young man, and he has given me many reason's about why he does not cut his hair but he does the rest that Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee tell's us. I could not tell him that us Sikhs have to keep our hair, because i could not prove it to him by using any gurbaani because i dont even know anything that gurbaani has to say about not cutting your hair!

So kirpaa karke could the pyaaree sangat jee help me and tell me some gurbaani where it talks to you about hair, anything at all about hair. kirpaa jee

VAAHEGUROO JEE KAA KHAALSAA, VAAHEGUROO JEE KEE FATEH

post-6909-1163697206.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kysvw - ie. the one with kesh (hair) waheguru is addressed as kesva in gurbani quite a bit.

inrhwrI kysv inrvYrw ]

nirehaaree kaesav niravairaa ||

He does not need to eat; His Hair is Wondrous and Beautiful; He is free of hate.

koit jnw jw ky pUjih pYrw ]

kott janaa jaa kae poojehi pairaa ||

Millions of people worship His Feet.

gurmuiK ihrdY jw kY hir hir soeI Bgqu iekwqI jIau ]3]

guramukh hiradhai jaa kai har har soee bhagath eikaathee jeeo ||3||

He alone is a devotee, who becomes Gurmukh, whose heart is filled with the Lord, Har, Har. ||3||

===========================

sgl pdwrQ Ast isiD nwm mhw rs mwih ]

sagal padhaarathh asatt sidhh naam mehaa ras maahi ||

All wealth, and the eight miraculous spiritual powers are in the supremely sublime essence of the Naam, the Name of the Lord.

supRsMn Bey kysvw sy jn hir gux gwih ]4]

suprasa(n)n bheae kaesavaa sae jan har gun gaahi ||4||

Those humble beings, with whom the beautifully-haired Lord is thoroughly pleased, sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord. ||4||

===========================

sohxy nk ijn lµmVy vwlw ]

sohanae nak jin la(n)marrae vaalaa ||

Your nose is so graceful, and Your hair is so long.

=============================

srin duK BMjn purK inrMjn swDU sMgiq rvxu jYsy ]

saran dhukh bha(n)jan purakh nira(n)jan saadhhoo sa(n)gath ravan jaisae ||

I have come to Your Sanctuary, Destroyer of pain; O Primal Immaculate Lord, may I dwell upon You in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy.

kysv klys nws AG KMfn nwnk jIvq drs idsy ]2]9]125]

kaesav kalaes naas agh kha(n)ddan naanak jeevath dharas dhisae ||2||9||125||

O Lord of beautiful hair, Destroyer of pain, Eradicator of sins, Nanak lives, gazing upon the Blessed Vision of Your Darshan. ||2||9||125||

================================

AnwQ nwQ goibMdh blhIx bl kysvh ]

anaathh naathh gobi(n)dheh baleheen bal kaesaveh ||

The Lord of the Universe is the Master of the masterless; the Beautiful-haired Lord is the Power of the weak.

===============================

kbIr kyso kyso kUkIAY n soeIAY Aswr ]

kabeer kaeso kaeso kookeeai n soeeai asaar ||

Kabeer, chant the Name of the Beautifully-haired Lord; do not sleep unaware.

rwiq idvs ky kUkny kbhU ky sunY pukwr ]223]

raath dhivas kae kookanae kabehoo kae sunai pukaar ||223||

Chanting His Name night and day, the Lord will eventually hear your call. ||223||

the question of keeping hair should not arise. it is given to us by birth. hair is as much part of your body as is you nose, ears, eyes.

ask the value of hair from those who have none at all.

When you say vaheguru, you say vaheguru, buh even after youve sed it its carrys on viabrating on each and every strand of hair, and if you cut your hair, its like saying cuttin a direct connection from vaheguru

Rom rom mehi basehi muraar ||

On each and every hair, the Lord abides.

BUTTT if you have no hair how can you keep vaheguru in ur mind 24/7. When youve cut ur hair, youve cut ur connection to vaheguru, its the same with the phone, u cut your direct phone line, how can u contact anybody, same goes with your connection to god, how can u try to make a connection with him, how do u expect for vaheguru to sort all your problems out when you cant even tell him about them.

I think this makes sense if not... TUFF

wrong translation

gurmukho jee, i looked on sikhtothemax and found that the translation that 'kumi' has given is correct, unless 'papi jee' means it in a different way, please tell us if you need to.

kirpaa jee

wrong translation

gurmukho jee, i looked on sikhtothemax and found that the translation that 'kumi' has given is correct, unless 'papi jee' means it in a different way, please tell us if you mean it in adifferent way 'papi jee'.

kirpaa jee

yes the translation on STTM is not right in this case.

rom, the meaning of this word is pore. so god abides in every pore of your body. BUT, i think we can extend this to say that every pore in the body has hair so that way waheguru abides in every hair on the body. :D

although, i'm also thinking of it another way. if you consider this universe waheguru's body, then by saying waheguru resides in every pore would mean that waheguru is everywhere. :lol: