Sampath Path

sgurbir

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes BUT, i disagree with one point. how can we understand if we dont recite.

reading bani comes first, understanding is the 2nd step.

ok lemme try n explain it in terms of what you've said. i've also seen people who read arth's n they know what bani is talking about. and they do exactly what you are doing, telling people that they dont follow it. but such people themselves dont follow what guruji says. as i said before we cant follow the path, its gurbani that makes us follow the path.

PS. i aint having a debate with you. i know how much you love that rolleyes.gif so this is my first and last post directed towards you. you are entitled to your opinion.

Then you must learn and understand the Shabad.

Once you understand the Shabad, then you can memorize it and recite. Then it be more beneficial.

Papi Bhai, that is why I said follow. If you don't even understand what you are reading then how do you apply? There aren't many who have deep understanding and don't apply. Reciting with understanding. We also have katha and translations to help us understand.

We don't want be like

"Mooh May Raam Raam, Buggal May Shouree"

Off topic but I only like dasam granth debates.

Where does the Akal Takht Rehat Maryada state to do sampat paath?

vaaheguroo jee kaa khaalsaa, vaaheguroo jee kee fateh!

just because akal takht says nothing about it doesn't mean u cant do it or that there is no need to do it no.gif akal takht. Ha! they messed up good and proper now. crazy kooks! :e: the only one u can and should be listening to is Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee Maharaaj!!! vaaheguroooooooo!!!!

vaaheguroo jee kaa khaalsaa, vaaheguroo jee kee fateh!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Je ke Fateh

'Japo_Taa_Eko_Naamaa ' could you answer my other questions too before I reply to you completely?

Where have our Guru Sahiban introduced this practice, I mean they could've done but never did why?

The answer is nowhere and you will not find any reference at all in Sikh History. This is a design of babas and deras sants,similar to what;s been happenning for centuries in the hindu religion where the brahmins practice sampat of geeta etc. the dera vale have taken this practice on to SGGS. I have nothing against it they can carry on doing it but what I don't understand is where does it say from our Sikh history to do this??

P.S.

I'm not against reading bani, infact one should read, understand and live by it. Why do we do it the bramhmin way , geeta puja way is what i don't understand, perhaps the people who promote this ideology ask their baabas and respond and explain.

[Waheguru Je ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji ke Fateh

I agree with Khalsa Fauj's comments, I never heard such garbage and am really offended , and can't beleive that the admins on this forum don't do a goood enough job. Akal Takht, do we know what it is?? Yes we've had utter bad people manage it from past to present but Takht of the Akal is not against anyone. My comments were on the Akal Takh marayda which I agree is not perfect but it has the basic points which all sikhs must adhere to and was constructed over many many years.

Admins please why are such comments as from manmitchera have been let thru??