Ladki Panjaban:(Movie showing SikhGirl-MuslimBoy)

harji_16m

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here the contact information for Akash Radio

Akash Radio

Unit 14, Arches Business Centre

Merrick Road

Southall

Middx

UB2 4AU

United Kingdom

T: 020 8843 0999

F: 020 8843 0088

T: +44 20 8843 0999 (International)

F: +44 20 8843 0088 (International)

E: info@akashradio.com

W: www.akashradio.com

OR, u simply click the

send feedback button on da site rolleyes.gif

gotta prepare a HEAVY letter myself! :@

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Pyare jio, this film first came to attention of sikhs over a year ago, when someone put it on egroups. At that time it raised quite an uproar. When the producers were located, we from leeds and bradford sikh youth group went to see them. We met them and had an amicable discussion.

We explained to them that sikhs are very upset with this film. They knew this was the case from all the mail they had recieved. So they said to us and put on egroups that they had sikh advisors involved. This calmed down many emails.

We asked for the names, but they were reluctant to give them. After some pressure they did. The names given as so-called sikh advisors, did not have sikh names. This was pointed out them. They got stuck again.

Then they came out with another name down south. Again who knew nothing about the film. While this was going on, they got the film completed. The sikh involved in the case here said unless they allowed previews for sikh reps before its release, then we would have to contact censor board. They agreed to allow previews.

I was abroad when previews happened and have not seen the film. But youth that went were not too impressed. The producers are saying sikhs have approved it from south and bradford, many they wish to present some written proof of this. It was also mentioned that the film has numerous different endings. So in Pakistan it will end differently, and so in India, and and UK, etc. So the fact they say the girl does not accept the muslim boy, may only be true in Uk, but not in Pakistan.

I have found the producers to be quite cunning, and only interested

in financial rewards. He said to me before his films were contrversial aswell. I think he realises that controversy promotes films. He wants you all to kick a fuss, and wants it on egroups and in papers. It gets the film more attention, and more people watch it. I noticed how cunningly he got it reviewed in sikh Times paper, saying sikhs were originally anti, but are now supportive. This is not the case at all.

Bottom - line, object to it, but do it carefully. Do not play in their hands, and publicise the film more. I suggest contacting the censor board, and complaining that the film will increase tensions between between sikh and muslim youth.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

What i am about to tell you is the secret to making big bucks. Pick a contriverisal topic. Make something and call it a movie and then release it. Even before it goes public you get free publicity from protestors and people who are for the movie.

Once its released you get everyone watching it just to see what was so bad about the movie that there was so many people trying to ban the film. So who wins in this stituation? the people who made the movie. So i would say to everyone involved that dont give ur money to these greedy producers so they can make more flims like these.

Another thing, This movie is in response to film "Gaddar" and the message is , if you can have our kuri we will have urs. The only response that we need to give is through our women by giving the message that "WE ARE GURU GOBIND SINGH JEE's DAUGHTERS"

but sadly its not a perfect world. nonono.gif

if only parents had taught their kids proper sikhi, we wouldnt be talking about this .

Seems like no one read my reply, I said the same thing as jagjit singh