What To Wear When Going To The Amrit Sanchar?

Guest Guest

KFI seems to be right, you may not be ready.

going in ya best suit would not be wise. suits are not for sikhs, suits are for people who dont wana be humble, its for the rich ppl

im fully confused by KFI's post and this post above... did singhnee's in the past also wear suits??.. give examples.. you cant say something wothout proof..

Jee wear what you would like. Keep it respectful and it would be nice if you wore khalsa colorus.

Walk into the room with a humble attitude, with love and ready to offer your head to Akaal Purakh.

panji, asking things like if the suit should have kadai on it or if it should be the best suit you have shows what kind of mindset you have right now, i think thats what is meant by you not being ready. if you were ready, you would go in as a humble sikh and come out as one, nt worry about something so material.when you truly want to give your head to the guru you dont sit and contemplate over what the nicest suit would be to wear... not judging your sikhi, i know you are better than me...

i replied to this thread awhile ago but i guess i'd forgotten to log in and the admin didn't post my reply..

firstly to all those who told our bhen she's not ready to take amrit....GET A LIFE...you just have shown how little giyaan you have of any spirituality/sikhi...

bhennay you are gonna go meet your dasam pathsah in the amrit sanchar.. YOUR FATHER...in the roop of panj piyaraay...if you want to present yourself to him in your favourite suit, whether it has kadaaii or no kadaai, you should do so....as long as you have one thing in your mind...that it is for your GURU that you are dressing up

simplicity that guru ji talks about is not the physical simplicity of not wearing nice clothes...it is simplicity in action, thoughts, feelings, to not be attached to maya...nowhere are we instructed to not wear the best of clothes, to not eat the best of food...

just read about raja janak...he was maya vich udaasi....he was a pooran gurmukh..he was also a wealthy wealthy king....i bet all you people, had you been around during his time, would have condemned him also...shame on all of you

bhennay..my only advice to you is to go in with a pure heart and pure intentions...you are about to begin the first day of your new life...begin it with high spirits, with love, devotion, and enthusiasm...

receive naam from panj piyaray, and then begin your life of seva, simran, sangat...

as to what suit to wear...it doesn't matter...as long as whatever you choose...you choose it keeping your guru in mind....if you do that..then all is well...

to others who talk about simplicity...you should read some ithaas and learn more about our guru's lives and philosophy....learn what true simplicity is...not some outer dead shell of simplicity, but one that is vibrant, radiating with guru nanak's love and beauty....

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

Guest s133k_s1kh
i replied to this thread awhile ago but i guess i'd forgotten to log in and the admin didn't post my reply..

firstly to all those who told our bhen she's not ready to take amrit....GET A LIFE...you just have shown how little giyaan you have of any spirituality/sikhi...

bhennay you are gonna go meet your dasam pathsah in the amrit sanchar.. YOUR FATHER...in the roop of panj piyaraay...if you want to present yourself to him in your favourite suit, whether it has kadaaii or no kadaai, you should do so....as long as you have one thing in your mind...that it is for your GURU that you are dressing up

simplicity that guru ji talks about is not the physical simplicity of not wearing nice clothes...it is simplicity in action, thoughts, feelings, to not be attached to maya...nowhere are we instructed to not wear the best of clothes, to not eat the best of food...

just read about raja janak...he was maya vich udaasi....he was a pooran gurmukh..he was also a wealthy wealthy king....i bet all you people, had you been around during his time, would have condemned him also...shame on all of you

bhennay..my only advice to you is to go in with a pure heart and pure intentions...you are about to begin the first day of your new life...begin it with high spirits, with love, devotion, and enthusiasm...

receive naam from panj piyaray, and then begin your life of seva, simran, sangat...

as to what suit to wear...it doesn't matter...as long as whatever you choose...you choose it keeping your guru in mind....if you do that..then all is well...

to others who talk about simplicity...you should read some ithaas and learn more about our guru's lives and philosophy....learn what true simplicity is...not some outer dead shell of simplicity, but one that is vibrant, radiating with guru nanak's love and beauty....

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

Fateh !!

Bhennayyyyyyyyyyyy... awwww..heard this word after soooooooooooo long ...sweeeeeeeet

I feel sorry for the amritdhari people who come up with these arguments. Bibi is all set to take the very first step and you guys are telling her off..so very mature. Don't you guys think she knows what to wear ?? She asked a simple question and it has been answered in the best possible way by many people.

Even Kadai walle suits are simple but dont go for anythg gaudy.

I have seen many amritdharis here who think they know everythg about Sikhi, don't make me give examples how filthy some amritdharis are :D .

Go for it BIBI, Amrit Shakko,Chardi Kala Vich Raho, Don't ever Betray the GURU, Be a TRUE Khalsa.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Gur Fateh !!

Guest _waheguroo_

do we have to wear everything new?..like new kachera, new suit and keski, gathra etc?..or do they just have to be washed and clean before putting them on?...sorry bit confusedd!

fatheji

do we have to wear everything new?..like new kachera, new suit and keski, gathra etc?..or do they just have to be washed and clean before putting them on?...sorry bit confusedd!

fatheji

as far as i know, just make sure everything is washed n clean :TH: