I feel sad about the condition of the panth

Guest the sad one

Guest the sad one

i dont really know how to start this post and i dont realy think i should but anyways here goes. am i the only one who feels as if everyone is becoming trapped in rituals, including myself perhaps. am i the only one who feels as if we call ourselves sikhis, yet we have totally forgotten sikhi and what guruji has taught us. i feel as if i am one of these, perhaps. it feels i am trapped in the external to a certain extent aswell.im not sure but i feel as if guruji is going in one direction and the "sikhs" are going in another..and i mean all jathebandis and generally all sikhs.and i think that everyones following the "sikhs" rather than the guru, especially those who are new to sikhi. i mean the weirdest thing is that everyone thinks they are special,everyone thinks that they are the virle that guruji talks about,everyone writes all these articles and things to make themselves look good.its all about ego, we all have too much and deep down inside we know why we post on these forums with really intelectual posts and why we argue a certain point. we all think we know something and as soon as one thinks they know something, thats it...they dont know anything.

i think if gurusahib was here we would slap him and say "go away you havnt taken naam from our jatha or you just look like a poor beggar, you dont wear bana and massive shastars like us so you cant be our guru". please dont think i am focusing on any jatha.i am not anti any jatha i promise.i think we are all deluded, confused.i think we slap guruji everyday when we exclude others.i think we slap guruji when we utter harsh words. we do simran for hours at amritvela, yet in the day we commit evil deeds.what are we doing?seriously...what are we doing with our lives..this haumai we are gathering up...this external image we are protraying will get us NOWHERE.i am almost crying whilst writing this.

i know that about 99% of the people reading this will totally disagree and think..here comes another weirdo, here comes another manmukh whose finished.

but please this 99% do not reply.please i am calling out to the 1% maybe even less that see where i am coming from.

it is none of my business what anyone else does, but i wish to find some sangat and maybe put myself at ease that there are others who feel the same way i do. i am totally inadequate in everyway possible.and i am not just saying this as a comment at the end of post which evryone says like-i am a manmukh la la la..i am saying from the bottom of my heart that i am inadequate to be called a sikh of the guru in every single way.please the sangat who understand where i am coming from...reply..or just read this post.from the bottom of my heart

koeI Awix imlwvY myrw pRIqmu ipAwrw hau iqsu pih Awpu vycweI

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa Vaheguru ji ki fateh

i dont really know how to start this post and i dont realy think i should but anyways here goes. am i the only one who feels as if everyone is becoming trapped in rituals, including myself perhaps. am i the only one who feels as if we call ourselves sikhis, yet we have totally forgotten sikhi and what guruji has taught us. i feel as if i am one of these, perhaps. it feels i am trapped in the external to a certain extent aswell.im not sure but i feel as if guruji is going in one direction and the "sikhs" are going in another..and i mean all jathebandis and generally all sikhs.and i think that everyones following the "sikhs" rather than the guru, especially those who are new to sikhi. i mean the weirdest thing is that everyone thinks they are special,everyone thinks that they are the virle that guruji talks about,everyone writes all these articles and things to make themselves look good.its all about ego, we all have too much and deep down inside we know why we post on these forums with really intelectual posts and why we argue a certain point. we all think we know something and as soon as one thinks they know something, thats it...they dont know anything.

i think if gurusahib was here we would slap him and say "go away you havnt taken naam from our jatha or you just look like a poor beggar, you dont wear bana and massive shastars like us so you cant be our guru". please dont think i am focusing on any jatha.i am not anti any jatha i promise.i think we are all deluded, confused.i think we slap guruji everyday when we exclude others.i think we slap guruji when we utter harsh words. we do simran for hours at amritvela, yet in the day we commit evil deeds.what are we doing?seriously...what are we doing with our lives..this haumai we are gathering up...this external image we are protraying will get us NOWHERE.i am almost crying whilst writing this.

i know that about 99% of the people reading this will totally disagree and think..here comes another weirdo, here comes another manmukh whose finished.

but please this 99% do not reply.please i am calling out to the 1% maybe even less that see where i am coming from.

it is none of my business what anyone else does, but i wish to find some sangat and maybe put myself at ease that there are others who feel the same way i do. i am totally inadequate in everyway possible.and i am not just saying this as a comment at the end of post which evryone says like-i am a manmukh la la la..i am saying from the bottom of my heart that i am inadequate to be called a sikh of the guru in every single way.please the sangat who understand where i am coming from...reply..or just read this post.from the bottom of my heart

I love you.

Guest HaRdKaUrWaRrIoRz

umm i think we're all aware of the fact that we arent good enough to be called sikhs, thats what i thought anyway grin.gif paji/panji why do you think ppl come on here and post there problems, etc? its b/c they know and admit they are suffering from maya...we all are, who isnt? if we werent, we'd be brahm gianees lol

yeah its sad, it might even make u mad at times.. but we have to remember all the good gursikhs out there that havent disappointed guru ji, dont focus on the negatives..realize the positives around us, look at all the shaheeds and those who might be shaheed in the future, we cant really judge who ppl around us are right? :lol: we must be doing sumthing right since we have so much in life (even though we can improve a lot more-like me no.gif ) i think we should concentrate on ourselves first and then feel sad about other ppls way of life :@ this is just another distraction in your life, give as much as u can if it doesnt work, focus on urself b/c in the end it is in His hukam and the way things are rite now pleases Him :s

one more thing, the fact that u are realizing this is a really good thing, we have to be aware of the problems we have and care enough in order to even attempt to solve them...

My personal opinion is you are unhappy with your own Sikhi and thus attempt to alleviate this problem by looking at the Sikhi of others; there is no doubt your post had some truth in it however for someone who seems to worry so much about such concepts such as the extremely deep one of ego, you are completely forgetting the Gurbani stating "hum nahi changa bura nahi koi". How sure are you that because certain individuals wear Bana and large shasters that they are filled with more ego than you are?

You complain about people writing large posts to satisfy their own ego - yet you have just written a large post complaining about the egos of others (which, like it or not, tends to imply you think you have less). I apologise if this came across as being very harsh but I have come across individuals previously who have voiced nearly EXACTLY the same views - and judging by their character they tend to be very negative in their outlook of life and often verge on generally being miserable people which is hardly beneficial for developing a Jeevan.

Guest the sad one

umm i think we're all aware of the fact that we arent good enough to be called sikhs, thats what i thought anyway grin.gif paji/panji why do you think ppl come on here and post there problems, etc? its b/c they know and admit they are suffering from maya...we all are, who isnt? if we werent, we'd be brahm gianees lol

yeah its sad, it might even make u mad at times.. but we have to remember all the good gursikhs out there that havent disappointed guru ji, dont focus on the negatives..realize the positives around us, look at all the shaheeds and those who might be shaheed in the future, we cant really judge who ppl around us are right? :lol: we must be doing sumthing right since we have so much in life (even though we can improve a lot more-like me no.gif ) i think we should concentrate on ourselves first and then feel sad about other ppls way of life :@ this is just another distraction in your life, give as much as u can if it doesnt work, focus on urself b/c in the end it is in His hukam and the way things are rite now pleases Him :s

one more thing, the fact that u are realizing this is a really good thing, we have to be aware of the problems we have and care enough in order to even attempt to solve them...

thankyou for your post

if there are more negatives than positives, do you think it right for us to focus on the positives and ignore the negatives??perhaps its better to realise the negatives and do something about them.

"we cant really judge who ppl around us are right? <_< we must be doing sumthing right since we have so much in life "

i am judging myself.

i dont think its because we are doing something right that we have "so much in life", maybe its because of our good karam...mahraj is so merciful i guess.so much in life meaning what?? we have a mere fraction of what we could have.

My personal opinion is you are unhappy with your own Sikhi and thus attempt to alleviate this problem by looking at the Sikhi of others; there is no doubt your post had some truth in it however for someone who seems to worry so much about such concepts such as the extremely deep one of ego, you are completely forgetting the Gurbani stating "hum nahi changa bura nahi koi". How sure are you that because certain individuals wear Bana and large shasters that they are filled with more ego than you are?

You complain about people writing large posts to satisfy their own ego - yet you have just written a large post complaining about the egos of others (which, like it or not, tends to imply you think you have less). I apologise if this came across as being very harsh but I have come across individuals previously who have voiced nearly EXACTLY the same views - and judging by their character they tend to be very negative in their outlook of life and often verge on generally being miserable people which is hardly beneficial for developing a Jeevan.

thankyou for your post

i am unhappy with my own sikhi.i have not said anywhere in my post that those who wear bana and more shastars have more ego than me.please, i wish you would read my words exactly.i have not stated anywhere that i have got anywhere on the path at all, i am merely at the begining, if that.

i am not talking about the egos of others.i am talking about my own ego, all of our egos.i dont think i am particularly negative about life or miserable i do generally have positive attitude on life, but all in moderation.anyways i didnt want this post to become about "me", but us..., but i thought i should respond to your post as you took the time to respond to mine.

thank you.

i love you so much too

To the original poster - perhaps you did not understand what I said. I cited the Tukh "hum nahi changa bura nahi koi" - if you are covered in mud yourself (by your own admission), why are you complaining of others being covered in mud?

You write "everyone thinks they are special" and write at the end "i am totally inadequate in everyway" so I clearly see a contrast. You should be looking at others and taking the good points from their Jeevan rather than focussing on the negative. I am unaware of who you are personally so I am not one to comment on whether you are generally negative or not, but based on others I have met and comments such as "i am almost crying whilst writing this" I believe it is in some ways substantiated.