Kirtan Sohila

Guest _Gupt_

WJKK WJKF

I heard in one of Giani Thakur Ji's Kathas that ifif you die in sleep and if you have read sohila sahib before you went to sleep then the jamdoots dont take you, otherwise the opposite way happens. Thats why i was thinking we might do sohila sahib every time before just incase we die while sleeping.

WJKK WJKF

show me where it says this in guru granth sahib

yee, do Sohila Sahib whenever you take a nap or sleep... enuff Gurmukhs say this because its always good to have bani be the last thing u thot about or read before u die.. just incase u die in ur sleep.. n international akaali sahib Maharaj doesn't give us everything.. remember maharaj keeps that 10th door locked and only ones who have opened that tenth door can give us glimpses of it.. such as Bhai Sahib Bhai Randheer Singh, Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji Khalsa, and Sant Baba Thakur Singh Ji Khalsa just to name a few

Bhul Chuk Maaf je mai gult ahn

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

i think my comments were a little confusing.. i was not saying dont read sohila sahib at all....

guru granth sahibs bani is everything what you mean? why keep that tenth door locked for those who have lied to the entire panth and those who has caused bipar acts which are going on too this day?

i look at people such as bhai mani singh , baba deep singh, bhai mati das, bhai sati das, bhai khan singh, prof sahib singh as such gurmukhs like these who have gave such a sarifice to the panth.... each has left a mark which cant be changed... i dont look at sadhs for my inspiration...

guru granth sahib is my guideline to live a life according to the guru and his teachings which are perfect.... i want to live a gursikhi jeevan

and that thing about if you do in your sleep you will go to hevan or youll get saved from the jamdoots is a bunch of crap....

any bani could be read anytime may it be panna number 895 or sohila sahib it self....

the reason why as such as jaap ji sahib are in the morning because it is the starting of guru granth sahib ji and it is mandotory to always remember akal purkh and it is in the starting so it will also be in the starting of your day so it makes sense to do it in the morning..theres no harm doing japji sahib at night IT IS BANI...No time for gurbani is a bad time..These are just ways thats sadhs have created so they limit us from reading bani.... jap ji sahib is the root of guru granth sahib ji and where it starts... if one doesnt understand mangala charan and the rest of japji sahib you cant understand the philophy of gurbani....

and that thing about if you do in your sleep you will go to hevan or youll get saved from the jamdoots is a bunch of crap....

wjkkwjkp!

paaj... just to let you know that Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji Khalsa believed and told the Singhs on many occassion about the same "CRAP" that you have difficulty understanding. You may not believe that by reciting Sohila Sahib Ji before sleeping eliminates one to fall to a lower life form but some do. Please respect their decision as we shall respect yours.

Apologies for any offence...

wjkkwjkp!

ps. im kinda in a rush so i cant find the quote in the Rehat Maryada online, but if someone could do this i'd appreciate it, if not i'll try and do it some other time...

International Akaali

any bani could be read anytime may it be panna number 895 or sohila sahib it self....
No time for gurbani is a bad time..These are just ways thats sadhs have created so they limit us from reading bani.... jap ji sahib is the root of guru granth sahib ji and where it starts... if one doesnt understand mangala charan and the rest of japji sahib you cant understand the philophy of gurbani....

I agree. However i do believe that some are fitting to different times, like japji shaib in the morning, rehras and ardas in the evenings and kirtan sohila before bedtime. This does actually make up a very good routine of praying for the average worker or student. It should show your dedication and love for god as opposed to doing it whenever u feel like it which could easily turn into not at all. but its all a personal choice i guess. Im starting to read bits of sukhmani sahib every day on top of the normal daily nitnem paath, and i do whenever i feel like it or get time cos i feel like i am dedicated anyway.