Ratoval Kirpan!

the pind is not that big itsself, near ludhiana. you can go to the gurudwara there and ask a sevadaar or a singh ther about the ratoval shasters they should know.The kirpana come in either wooden cover which is nice or the silver metal one which is also really nice, these are the only two type of kirpana from there i think but diferent sizes. I think you can also get thaburs ( axe's ) not sure though.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can Sangat plz give more info about this Kirpaan and other shastars made in Ratovaal. My mom's going to India soon and I want her to bring me back some stuff. If she gets a chance to go, she won;t have loads of time so it'd be helpful if Sangat posted info about where exactly in Ratovaal do the shastars get made.

How much do they cost? What sizes are available? different cariations? i.e. sheath colour or something. And what other shastars are available from Ratovaal?

I got 2 for 650 each... that is REALLY cheap if you look at the quality of the craft and the work put into it. There are two sizes a 3 foot, and 2 foot. The 2 foot is more readily available. No variations.. unless u phone them and tell em earlier. EVERYTHING is available in Ratoval. You can ask them a week before and they can make you a custom made axe. I have the phone number and picture of the house in the pind.. Will Post soon.

• 3 weeks later...