Glasgow Youth

Bir_Ras

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

I wonder what happened to glasgow singhs original post. Nevertheless, The dispute between the committee youth was begininng to take an ugly turn, this resulted in many younger kids getting annoyed and disturbed from their sikhi as they quite rightly didnt have a clue what was going on. Without pointing any fingers at any direct person... i would like to state some facts. The committee have yet to sit down and talk to the youth that were involved as mature adults and utilise some compassion that they must possess, as they have now took down the notice that was on their noticeboard that was pointing fingers.

I am posting this simply to prove certain people wrong that the comments made on this site were not to rouse anyone, if so why would i be posting saying the committe have took down the notice that blamed youth for acts they had not committed. The poster was on this forum and it testified that we were getting blamed for various acts of vandalism. The board must have realisedd their mistake and have now taken that poster down.

The youth have backed down as well, the youth have not backed down because they are afraid of any of the threats that were dealt out, they have calmed down because they have decided not to protest as the effect on the younger children could prove to be devastating. Especially since some parents thought the acts were disgusting. It is our misfortune that the parents are not aware of the extent of the situation.

Many youth still wish for lights off (in the mind they think no1 can see them) not for any stupid ritualistic reason. As for doing the keertan on the floor it was done like that for 8 years or more and it was just natural to protest against the decision as noone had ever complained before... a very small part of it was young blood and the committee used this against the youth.

Youth have anonymously agreed that sikhs should jap naam, remember wahguru at all times and set a such examples of sikhi that children get inspired and go on to inspire. It seems that the youth have agreed not to get tangled in the dirty game of politics that seems to associate itself with gurdwara committee(s).

I have not singled anyone out, i have not said any lies, its a different story if you wish to cause hate posts.

Phul chuk maf karnee

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

An update of all the things banned by the current committee.

No gatka, gatka instructor not allowed to teach, during the anouncemount no reason was given. Gatka banned until further notice apparantly.

No tabla, tabla instructor changed to gianni ji. Which is fair enough but the kids have not yet attended his class, as his teaching isnt as visible as the (voluntary) instructor's before him. A committee member was asked by a 14 year old, when can he start learning tabla again, and this was his exact phrase word for word. "the tabla thing is a committee problem let them deal with it." No offence but ive seen a 2 year old have a more polite and constructive discussion with a 14 year old.

No keertan to be taught voluntarily by bhai manjeet singh, only the gianni, this wasnt even anounced therefore reasoning was not provided.

I have stated the facts, now it is up to the individual to either take the facts for what they are, or sulk in their glory.