Sampooran Paath : What Is It ?

Guru Sevak

sorry off topic .... sampath path ... never heard of it in life ... 11 days non stop .... that means u read guru granth sahib for five times atleast right ...????

No they break the natural flow of Gurbani by inserting another shabad. Most people would think twice before breaking the natural flow of Guru Mahraj (after all Guru Arjan Dev Ji Mahraj would have done this themselves or left instructions with regards to this if it was the way to read Gurbani). The result is it takes much longer to read Gurbani. There are variations on this such which take longer than 11 days.

Its a great money maker for the Gurdwara where it is done. You put large drums of water next to Guru Mahraj which after the bhog you can give out to the sangat claiming it is amrit (Guru Gobind Singh Ji never made amrit for Bhai Daya Singh Ji, Bhai Dharam Singh Ji, Bhai Himmat Singh Ji, Bhai Mukham Singh Ji and Bhai Sahib Singh Ji using a sampat path. Every day you get people wanting to sponsor the langar as it is a sampat path being done. It turns the whole thing into a great social event.

Gurfateh!!

Sampat Paaths have been going on for many years, Damdami Taksal, Nanaksar and many more Gurdwareh hold them.

For a Sampat Paath to be called 'a geat money maker' and 'a great social event' is blasphamous.

The Shabad that is chosen to go inbetween every single shabad in Maharaaj Ji, is chosen long before the actual Sampat Paat. Bhai Sahib Ji must do kamai of that shabad for a very long time. There is no harm in concentrating on one shabad for a specific purpose, that too is Gurbani don't forget.

Guru Nanak Nishkam Sewak Jatha is a non profitable organisation, their accounts you can find on the internet and you can see for yourself. It is not run by any committee that filters out its own profit.

As for a social event if bringing people to the Gurdwara who don't normally come and from far away who will spend the whole 11 days there to help in the sewa and donate anonomously to Sikhi Parchaar. Then yeah it is a social event but tell me how that is bad??

None of the Granthi's, Kirtaniya's and Sewadars make any money, they take the time from their own jobs and and busy lives to do niskam seva. Is that a bad thing?

Any way its very easy for you to criticise somethings that you don't know much about. Why not get involved and find out what its really like.

Bhul CHuk Maaf!

Gurfateh!!

Gurfateh!!

Sampat Paaths have been going on for many years, Damdami Taksal, Nanaksar and many more Gurdwareh hold them.

For a Sampat Paath to be called 'a geat money maker' and 'a great social event' is blasphamous.

The Shabad that is chosen to go inbetween every single shabad in Maharaaj Ji, is chosen long before the actual Sampat Paat. Bhai Sahib Ji must do kamai of that shabad for a very long time. There is no harm in concentrating on one shabad for a specific purpose, that too is Gurbani don't forget.

Guru Nanak Nishkam Sewak Jatha is a non profitable organisation, their accounts you can find on the internet and you can see for yourself. It is not run by any committee that filters out its own profit.

As for a social event if bringing people to the Gurdwara who don't normally come and from far away who will spend the whole 11 days there to help in the sewa and donate anonomously to Sikhi Parchaar. Then yeah it is a social event but tell me how that is bad??

None of the Granthi's, Kirtaniya's and Sewadars make any money, they take the time from their own jobs and and busy lives to do niskam seva. Is that a bad thing?

Any way its very easy for you to criticise somethings that you don't know much about. Why not get involved and find out what its really like.

Bhul CHuk Maaf!

Gurfateh!!

My comments were not directed at the GNNSJ. They were general observations about what I have seen at sampat paths ! If I wanted to have a go at Soho Road I could have questioned their so called gold plating sewa which catalysed damage to the Harimandir Sahib.

Oooh blasphamy (LOL) Is it not blasphamy to break the bani as written by Guru Arjan Dev Ji Mahraj ?

Where does one stop ? What if tomorrow someone thinks it is ok to do Sukhmani Sahib after every Tuk ? Will that be ok ? If someone decides to shout Waheguru Waheguru 101 times after every shabad is that ok ?

From my own observation it is a money maker for the Gurdwara I have seen it at. The giani at the Gurdwara get paid more for the extra rolla they do. The Gurdwara committee gains as more money is made, the langars are booked up well in advance (sometimes 2 per day). Maybe the giani etc at Soho Road are not paid in this manner so well done to them.

The whole event is turned into a social event. Please spare me the lecture on calling Path a social event, Path never will be a social event. Attend a few Akhand Path and see for yourself how the families turn them into social events. I have even attended some where no one form the family bothered to turn up but they all turned up in the langar hall on Sunday. Great when people think the reading of Gurbani is a sideshow so they can entertain relatives with Samosa and spring rolls.