It Was A Lie

Prem

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This story is on the front page of the BBC News website too:

Sikh teen lied about hair attack

For sure, nobody will take cases like this seriously in the future because this is a case of The Boy Who Cried Wolf. People made speeches about this and that, but at the end of the day people should have held back and let the inquiry take its course. In the future, protests of the kind we saw should not take place because of the high risk of it being a case of the boy cutting his own hair -- this is a regular occurence now, happening in Canada and elsewhere.

Basically, Sikhs have been made to look foolish. Telling people that cutting the hair is like death and then the boy cut his hair himself. I had my suspicions to begin with - the story didnt add up and I always have suspicions in these cases. This has been a massive waste of police resources when they could have been solving real crime and most of all it is a disaster for the Scottish, in particular the Edinburgh sangat, although all the people who went up to protest have been made to look like fools too.

So the lesson is --- in cases like this there is always a good chance of it being a lie, and protests, and making speeches about how Sikhs are under attack and we are under World War 3 (some people were shouting at me here about how we should give lectures to MPs and parliament because of this, it can all backfire so spectacularly!)

Guru Fateh

Guest Glasgow Singh

ok, i have been in contact with fellow SS member and also singhs from Edinburgh, its definitely confirmed the storys were made up

Im so sorry for all the people who put so much effort into making the occasion take place.

I myself cannot even imagine how someones mind could work in such a twisted way, but im no judge.

I think the least that should happen is a public apology by the boy to

a) the sikh sangats

b) the police

and the family ought to reimburse all those singh/singhnian who sacrificed their time and their money in coming up to Edinburgh

Well... i told you so. I contacted someone who i know who was involved in organising these protests asking them to hold fire until the inquiries have taken place and police can confirm for sure that the attack took place with witnesses and suspects. But the protests on that day still went on. No wonder Bollywood etc take the piss out of Sikhs for being "thick" nowadays. When self glorified Sikhs are going to humiliate us, we have no one to blame but ourselves!

Yes, the lie that this one prat told was humiliating... but to add to the masaalaa of that is the humiliation that we caused ourselves with these protests. I would say to EVERYONE before going in with blazing fire... GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT FIRST.

I think the least that should happen is a public apology by the boy to

a) the sikh sangats

b) the police

The amount of police time wasted on this case probably ran into tens of thousands of pounds. It was headline news on the TV news, the radio and in newspapers. The time wasted by the police meant they were diverted from following up on other crimes like burglary, assaults, domestic violence and theft and murders. In other words, other people suffered because of the police time wasted when they could have been helping other members of the public. The boy should at least have been issued with a criminal caution for wasting police time. As for the damage to Sikhs in Scotland and elsewhere in the UK, it is immense.
Yes, the lie that this one prat told was humiliating... but to add to the masaalaa of that is the humiliation that we caused ourselves with these protests. I would say to EVERYONE before going in with blazing fire... GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT FIRST.

True --- let this be a lesson. Save ourselves from humiliation by letting the police do their investigation first of all. In the meantime, not only do Sikhs look foolish after this, but The Boy Who Cried Wolf means real racist attacks against Sikhs may not be taken as seriously as they should be in the future, which is a great tragedy.

Guru Fateh

So the boy made it all up.

All I can say to

• Sikh Soldier
  • `KuMi´
  • Glasgow Singh
  • singh_1983
  • BhaiTaruSinghJiShaheed
  • karamthedon

and the rest of the 200 Sikhs who turned up and wasted a day in their life travelling all the way to Edinburgh to protest over a lie, while freezing their b*llocks off....

is…

HA! HA!

nelson.gif

Guest waheguruji

but think of it in this way he brought awareness to scottish people about sikhi though in a negative way

i was thinking you all started to hate whites for this and now you lot seem pleased