Mona Wearing A Patka

Guest vjkk vjkf

Guest vjkk vjkf

There is this girl who comes to sangat with me...

HEr hair is cut. LIke i mean its short. Right above her sholders.

She wore a patka under her chunni one day i guess to hid her hair being cut.Her eyesbrows are mad skinny. it does NOT look right..

Shes like a partygirl. I dont understand why she jus recently started wearing this. I know its for the attention. She will put it on for keeertan and take it right of when it finishes. I just dont understand how to tell her shes like dishonoring it...what should i do

I know i should mind my own buisness . BUt it really gets annyoing.cant explain it. hahah ...im mad!

Vaheguru!

Bhainjee, have you talked to her about it? Maybe she is trying to get involved by sikhi and this is one way she is 'evolving' into a Sikh. Do you know for a fact she still does her eyebrows? I mean if shes stopped theyre not going to compeletly grow back in a few days or a week lol, it takes some time.

We have to stop making assumptions about people. Bhainjee if you really know she still goes out partying and stuff then talk to her but if you dont really know then i would say focus on your own sikhi and stuff.

bull chaak maauf karnee.

Vaheguru jee kakhalsa, Vaheguru jee keefateh!

To me, a patka is not really a significant symbol of anything in Sikhi. It is not a keski or a dastaar, nor a kirpan or anything else of that nature that comes along with "responsibility" and the idea of honour and representing an image. It has no significant history or tradition behind it. A patka is more like a chunni...just something with which to cover the head. Just as many women wear a chunni without any preconditions, to me, a girl in a patka is pretty much the same thing.

Many girls go from wearing a chunni to wearing a patka before eventually progressing to donning a keski and dastaar, so this girl may just be on her way from one point to another whereby she's trying to progress but hasn't been able to stop cutting her hair yet. The issue isn't really "she isn't worthy enough to wear a patka" because to me, a patka doesn't really mean much more than a chunni. The issue is simply that maybe you could help her stop doing beadbi of her hair.

It's attitudes that people like you have which really wind me up...

Why can't you just mind your own business and focus on your own sikhi, instead of measuring the thickness of peoples' eyebrows & assuming they are "party-goers"!!!

You're a pretty sad individual whose got nothing better to do in your spare time than to criticise people who you don't even know

It's attitudes that people like you have which really wind me up...

Why can't you just mind your own business and focus on your own sikhi, instead of measuring the thickness of peoples' eyebrows & assuming they are "party-goers"!!!

You're a pretty sad individual whose got nothing better to do in your spare time than to criticise people who you don't even know

Dont be so Harsh! You could have said that nicely...too may rude people on this forum. :sady:

i couldnt agree more with singhni84 :TH:

rupinder singhs made a good point aswell.

i see muslim girls wear something along the lines of a patka , those who dont tie a proper hijab

but as said before patka doesnt realy have any significence in sikhi....... let her keep tying her patka, if anything it will only have some sort of benefit i suppose

Guest s133k_s1kh

Dishonoring the patka :D patka is for kids and i dont really knw how women started wearing patka. I have seen women either wearing a dastar or a chunni. the patka is more like a fad. i see guys wid nice khuli dhari, tying a patka (thy dont even do a joora or loosen the joora so evrythg looks flat rolleyes.gif ). Is it like thy dont get time to tie a dastar ?

I mean Guru Ji gave us DASTAR, we should produly wear it.

ps: <message removed> ps: mod edits your post dont post that kind of stuff.