Im Confused :(

Guest Guest

Gurufateh!

Just to start off i'll tell you straight,im a 17 year old girl - NOT Amritdhari hopefuly in future - Je Rab Kirpa Kareh - but recently i went to the Gurdwara on New Years day (you know for 2006). Since then ive been doing Paat - i did Paat before but i dont know what it is - its like i dont know i got this feeling inside of me - i dont know how to explain it - its sort of like im doing Paat, and im TRYING to think about Waheguru all the time - its like i dont really care about anything else in the world (i.e. friends, music (hip hop etc)). When i go Gurwara now its like i love seeing Sangat dedicated to Guru Ji - but within in me i honestly feel a sense of jelousy - like 'why cant I be / do that' It not my sense of why cant i take Amrit - its like i dont know what to do - i feel like my mind is also bothered by something but i dont know what?

Pyare Veer n Bhen jio can someone give me some advise? i tend to always feel like my mind is always all over the place? i know im not crazy of anything? just like i feel i need my mind to rest.

Maaf karna if i just confused you BIG time.... its hard explaning my situation over the net lol...

Can someone please give me some advise? please

BHUTH DHANVADI!!

Gurufateh!

Although u may not see it but Maharaj has already done kirpa on u! How else would u have attended Gurdwara or started Paath?

As for the jealousy bit - it'll soon be over. Before u know u'll be Amritdhari and doing seva for Guru Ji.........as long as u read alot of Bani and Jaap Naam!

Have u tried sitting in the Darbar Sahib at Amritvela or listened to calming simran? Try and see if that helps u to rest ur mind!

Sorry im not very good at giving advice, im the one usually looking for it!!!!!! But since no one has replied i thought i'd start it off!!!

If there is anything else I/We (Sangat) can help u with the please ask us! Or u can PM me if u want!

Although u may not see it but Maharaj has already done kirpa on u! How else would u have attended Gurdwara or started Paath?

As for the jealousy bit - it'll soon be over. Before u know u'll be Amritdhari and doing seva for Guru Ji.........as long as u read alot of Bani and Jaap Naam!

Have u tried sitting in the Darbar Sahib at Amritvela or listened to calming simran? Try and see if that helps u to rest ur mind!

Sorry im not very good at giving advice, im the one usually looking for it!!!!!! But since no one has replied i thought i'd start it off!!!

If there is anything else I/We (Sangat) can help u with the please ask us! Or u can PM me if u want!

Gurufateh!

i think you have helped - and i think i willl try and do what you have advised sounds good! thanks!

But is there like anyone here that is like sometimes feels like there mind isnt a peace sometimes? and what do i do when i feel like im well all 'messed in the head' :D you know its like a feeling of like - you know theres something up with you, but you dont know WHAT it is lol... i asked my brothers and they were like yeah everyone feels like that time to time so i guess everythings ok..Shukar hai...but i think i'll just do as you said and do Paat...

thank you again!!!

:TH:

Best way to get your man to tekh.. is to do simran

dita sabh sunsaar sukh na naam bin

I have seen the whole world - without the Lord's Name, there is no peace at all.

here read the whole shabad!

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=1268

You wont find peace in anything else in this ENTIRE world..! keep reading bani, japping naam, doing seva. Only sukh will come out of these things.. and sooner or later you will realise why u didn't do this in the 1st place!! Also If you have the piaas for amrit... then i suggest you start taking steps towards it. Read the bania which you are required to read when amritdharee, get up at amritvela, keep rehat.. but take ur steps slow...and make them pukeh. Its like climbin a ladder.. u climb slowly.

Vaheguroo jee ka khalsa vaheguroo jee kee fateh

But is there like anyone here that is like sometimes feels like there mind isnt a peace sometimes? and what do i do when i feel like im well all 'messed in the head' unsure.gif you know its like a feeling of like - you know theres something up with you, but you dont know WHAT it is lol... i asked my brothers and they were like yeah everyone feels like that time to time so i guess everythings ok..Shukar hai...but i think i'll just do as you said and do Paat...

thank you again!!!

heyy, yeaa i feel exactly like that from time to time. i only really started to do paath about 8 months ago after a very troubled period in my life,n i definitly havent taken amrit yet! ive always known i was meant to get into sikhi, even though i dont have a singlee friend who is! before i used to be stressed out all the time, i hardly used to sleep kept awake with all my troubles- before starting paath i went through the most stressful and messed up period of my life!!- but after starting to do paath, i FINALLYYY feel at peace- sure we're all gna have our moments when we feel "messed up in the head" but i use that as motivaton to jaap naam and do paath even more to get whatever might be ruing this peace out of my head!! im going thru a period at the moment where ive had so many committments and have had to go clubbing for closee family members birthdays and feel more distant from Waherguru than i have in 8 months! ive missed out on japji sahib in the mornings for the first time cos everythings been so hectic, butt i neverrr miss out on evening paath no matter what early hours of the morning i get home and believe wahguru gives me the strength to do this cos i foget how tired i feel as soon as i sit down to do it! even if i cant do paath from the heart i always jaap naam from the heart and try to focus with all my mind and feel immediately more peaceful than i did before. jaap naaming and paath will always give u a clearer mind and make u feel more peaceful than before. it helps me calm my anger, nerves and helps stop my mind from wandering!!
its sort of like im doing Paat, and im TRYING to think about Waheguru all the time - its like i dont really care about anything else in the world (i.e. friends, music (hip hop etc)).

lol this is exaacctly how i felt when i started doing paath, i felt so blessed n overwhelmed to have been put on such an amazing and pure path that everything else just seemed minor. u look at ur friends clubs n music in a completely different way. i started wishing all my firends would just get into sikhi and how perfect that would be but they're just not into the idea at all!

anyways, no matter what may be on ur mind whether its exams, boys or even loneliness, cos this path does involve being alone at times, paath should always at least make u feel better or ur problems bearable if not completely fine as it has with me! - make up ur own paath associated with ur own situation aswell like paath to clear ur mind and give u shaanti, as its ok to ask for urself aswell! seriously i never thought i could be without the company of my mates for soo long, i used to see them every single dayy n if i didnt i felt really empty, but paath gives u peace and a sense of love that u couldnt recieve from any human including ur parents! waking up at amrit vela is definitly advisable aswell, its amazing to wake up at that time, the most holy time of the day where its u n ur mind n god one on one with no interruptions....hopefully! ull def feel most at peace at this time! :D

Gurufateh!

Just to start off i'll tell you straight,im a 17 year old girl - NOT Amritdhari hopefuly in future - Je Rab Kirpa Kareh - but recently i went to the Gurdwara on New Years day (you know for 2006). Since then ive been doing Paat - i did Paat before but i dont know what it is - its like i dont know i got this feeling inside of me - i dont know how to explain it - its sort of like im doing Paat, and im TRYING to think about Waheguru all the time - its like i dont really care about anything else in the world (i.e. friends, music (hip hop etc)). When i go Gurwara now its like i love seeing Sangat dedicated to Guru Ji - but within in me i honestly feel a sense of jelousy - like 'why cant I be / do that' It not my sense of why cant i take Amrit - its like i dont know what to do - i feel like my mind is also bothered by something but i dont know what?

Pyare Veer n Bhen jio can someone give me some advise? i tend to always feel like my mind is always all over the place? i know im not crazy of anything? just like i feel i need my mind to rest.

Maaf karna if i just confused you BIG time.... its hard explaning my situation over the net lol...

Can someone please give me some advise? please

BHUTH DHANVADI!!

Gurufateh!

lucky guy

i wish waheguru cud be on my mind 24/7

i go carazi cuz i dont have that. pray.gif