One More Problem

now when i am connected to internet.

my pc shows me some messages saying UR PC NEEDS VIRUS SCAN or INSTALL YAHOO SMILIES or CLEAR UR HISTORY etc..........

and when i close these messages then it automatically open a new window and there are some advts. of these softwares.

some time my avast antivirus notified me abt the viruses are attacking when these unwanted messages are cuming.

i am facing this problem from 2-3 days and i never faced this thing from the time i am using internet.

but i know that while opening some sites tjese messages comes but this time i hadnt opened any site other than orkut and this forum.

plz help .

well your pc is clearly infected with some sort of adwares or spywares.

Best is to run a scan on your pc and try to remove the adwares. You can also run some online scanning agents from different websites to check what has infected your computer

try checking your add/remove program in control panel just to ensure no extra software has been installed..

check your system32 files and check which files has been modified 2-3 days ago. Try googling this file names and check if this files are legit files or adwares

if you are comfortable checking your machine registry then send me a PM i will help you out.

** if you want an easier way out ... just reformat your computer :)

i have installed several several anti-virus and spywares.

and have scaned my pc with 2-3 different spyware programmes.

and it showed many reports and i have deleted all but still when i google some words and an adv related to the search automatically comes in new window.

plz help and tell me how can i solve it without reformating.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Make sure your antivirus and antispyware software is up to date. Most of the non-free ones expire after a short amount of time.

I would recommend doing an online scan (always upto date). Goto http://safety.live.com and run their full scan. It should get rid of most of your problems. Also, use AdAware, I find its one of the best antispyware programs.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

I do not have any antivirus programs installed in my pc. But what i normally do is i will run 4-5 diff online scanning engines from diff websites to ensure my pc is free of viruses. So try doing that virji.

Virji, check your system32 files and check for all the files which has been modified for the past 2-3 days.. google and if u find that its malicious files.. delete em (u mite need to delete em in safe mode)

does this files keep getting generated back? if it does try creating a dummy file and then delete the older file.. change the attributes of the dummy file

I do not have any antivirus programs installed in my pc. But what i normally do is i will run 4-5 diff online scanning engines from diff websites to ensure my pc is free of viruses. So try doing that virji.

Virji, check your system32 files and check for all the files which has been modified for the past 2-3 days.. google and if u find that its malicious files.. delete em (u mite need to delete em in safe mode)

does this files keep getting generated back? if it does try creating a dummy file and then delete the older file.. change the attributes of the dummy file

i will run online scan but dnt know any thing abt system32 file and all wot u say rolleyes.gif :sady: