Bleach

wjkk wjkf

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru jji ki Fateh

I am sure this topic has been talked about before, but it is always good to remind ourselves.

I was reading the other topics on this forum and i really liked what someone responded to something different but i thought it was relevant here. The response was from punjabi link; 'There are Sikhs who drink, do drugs and do other anti-sikhi things which clearly is against Sikhi. Point is that no one is perfect. Everybody has their own flaws and issues to deal with.'

I don't agree with bleaching either, but i can see that someone reading this who does bleach will feel awful. Yeah truth hurts but it is something they have to work on. They are still sikhs and maharaj forgives all. We are the ones who don't forgive. We are all papi's here. Just because we don't cut our hair or bleach etc we committ so many sins, some that we are not aware of, and thats even worse. I am not sure about the person retaking amrit if they bleach because from my understanding the panj piareh did say cutting and removing. They did say do not colour or dye but did not say you had to take amrit if you dye - they said don't do it. Hey but no-one listen to me - ask the panj piareh. i am a papi who has no understanding. Thoo samrat vada, meri mat thori raam. Anyway amrit can never leave your body once you have taken it, but if you committ the bajjar kurehit you do need to give your head again. To any bibi's..hey even bhaji's (never know) if you do bleach, jap naam, ask maharaj for forgiveness, change your way, be strong. Don't let people get to you. Build on your relationship with maharaj and keep it gupt. It does take time to stop something you are used to doing and it will be very hard...even i know that....its like a habit..hard to change. However with mehnt (effort) and naam, you will get there.

I know a bhenji who bleaches and cries because she can't stop, she gets judged by people because of it but if you spoke to this bibi, you would love her. This bibi might bleach but the amount of sikhi she has and paarth she does - she is better than me and i don't bleach (that sounds bad doesn't it?). i am thinking of this bibi and others that i know who are trying to stop, its hard. Lets all do ardaas for these bibya. Lets not judge them but help them. BTW i am not saying anyone on this forum is judging - just want to make that clear. Everyone has given good opinions. We should give these bibya more piar- lets show them by example how we are warrior princesses and WE LOVE OUR HAIR MAN!!

For all the bibiya, i like this shabad - i know it is sang at weddings but you can say it anytime:

This Shabad is by Guru Nanak Dev Ji in Siree Raag on Pannaa 91

pauVI ]

pourree ||

Pauree:

kIqw loVIAY kMmu su hir pih AwKIAY ]

keethaa lorreeai ka(n)m s har pehi aakheeai ||

Whatever work you wish to accomplish-tell it to the Lord.

kwrju dyie svwir siqgur scu swKIAY ]

kaaraj dhaee savaar sathigur sach saakheeai ||

He will resolve your affairs; the True Guru gives His Guarantee of Truth.

sMqw sMig inDwnu AMimRqu cwKIAY ]

sa(n)thaa sa(n)g nidhhaan a(n)mrith chaakheeai ||

In the Society of the Saints, you shall taste the treasure of the Ambrosial Nectar.

BY BMjn imhrvwn dws kI rwKIAY ]

bhai bha(n)jan miharavaan dhaas kee raakheeai ||

The Lord is the Merciful Destroyer of fear; He preserves and protects His slaves.

nwnk hir gux gwie AlKu pRBu lwKIAY ]20]

naanak har gun gaae alakh prabh laakheeai ||20||

O Nanak, sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord, and see the Unseen Lord God. ||20||

Guest Guest

i sent the other message to quick -

I wanted to say,

sorry if i have said anything wrong i am still learning - this papi makes so many mistakes. Forgive me for any mistakes and correct me. I hope i have not offended anyone by my words, i try to make effort to talk well and not be ill-mannered.

HAVE LOVE FOR HAIR MAN!!!!!!!!!

Waheguru!! Jap man sath naam sadha sath naam - Chant oh my mind, the true name, satnaam, the true name. Wahegurrrooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest

yeh well i aint a singh so its all gud :TH:

PLEASE CORRECT YOURSELF ONE OF THE BUJJAR KUREITS ARENT EATING "MEAT" ITS "KUUTHA MEAT" IE HALAAL MEAT!

ANYWAYSSS bleach topic not meat

so yh

bleaching is wrong but i dont want no singhs preaching this and being the same ones to reject a girl because of visible facial hair.

Guest Guest

Sikh women are not to bleach their facial (or bodily) hair, and should not remove it either. They are the ambassadors of the Sikh faith, and are the symbol of strength and virtue in our religion. They reflect the true strength that Guru Sahib has bestowed on His children. Sikh women are the emblem of the Sikh faith, and they must be aware that they are representing something so great and powerful. Sikh women are the face of our nation -- and they should pray for the strength to love their Guru enough to keep hair and not bleach or remove it, but adorn it with their head held high.

hmm...this is all nice and dandy...but if you ever asked ladies of the older generations, ie. grandmothers...you'll find out that facial hair wasn't an issue for them...as they didn't have it...

now i wonder if they had facial hair in guru sahib's time...none of the paintings show it either...

also...there is a difference between male facial hair growth and female...everyone has hair all over their body..well most people do...even girls have hair on their face, but it is naturally more fine and not very visible, whereas guy facial hair is thicker, hence visible...when a girl starts exhibiting male pattern hair growth, it is NOT a natural thing, medically speaking...this is an imbalance of hormones, also environmental factors come into play...anyone in medical school will attest to this...

not sayng whether to bleach or not...but just highlighting to all "gursikhs" here that there's more to it than just saying..love the guru, keep the hair...what about if some of you had a skin tumour that consists of abnormal division of hair cells and they start growing...would you treat it? or would you say, oh no, i love my guru...and have the cancer spread and die?..the guru requires love, but he also gave bibek buddhi to think and do vichar and act accordingly