Shaster

jassa

even guru sahib himself did shaster pujja .... their is a special day know as shaster pujjan divas which we celebrate on dushera .... all the shasters from khazana were taken out and cleaned ... then their pujja was done they were kept under a chandoa .... its a puratan mareyada ....

I could see that coming anytime soon, infact, this is the reason that I have been getting all along, but do you understand my point. I am not saying anything about respecting shastar but the shastar pujja, while we are against any idol worship and supposed to have full faith in Gurbani (doesn't shastaran pujja falls under Idol worshipping).

its because the khanda is mahakaal ie a representation of GOD. Just like all three Granth Swaroops are representatives of God. Maharaj has stated that shastar are virtually God incarnate

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its because the khanda is mahakaal ie a representation of GOD. Just like all three Granth Swaroops are representatives of God. Maharaj has stated that shastar are virtually God incarnate

If you don't mind, can you elaborate on that one plz...

paaji its too long winded to explain through typing, come to india stay with one of the shounies or the dal and youll learn everything :TH:

Jamdoot Ji it's not about idol worship. Many people forget or do not realise that when Maharaj Sahib Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji gave gurguddi to Sahib Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji at Nanded he did parkarama around Aad Granth Sahib Ji and did mutha, people forget or do not know that Guru Ji as well as doing parkarama around Aad Granth Sahib Ji, did parkarma around a kirpan and did mutha to a kirpan that was placed before the Aad Granth Sahib Ji.

As Jassa Ji has so perfectly quoted As Kirpan Khando Kharg...Peer is the muslim word for Guru, remember Guru Ji knew many languages as can be seen in his writings.

God gives life, God takes life, Kal tuhi Kali tuhi - again Guru Ji is saying that the Kirpan, the shaster is death and the Godess of death, and another name for God, as mentioned by Mahakaal is Mahakaal.

The shabad I have quoted Jassa on and have quoted myself is from Dasam Granth Sahib, and is from Shaster Naam Mala, literally meaning repeatition of shasters names.

For more in depth, and in my opinion, intellectual explanation of this bani, check out Gursikhijeevan.com or Gurmatveechar.com and search for Bir Rassi Dasam Bani by Bhai Sahib Bhai Balbir Singh.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Jamdoot Ji it's not about idol worship. Many people forget or do not realise that when Maharaj Sahib Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji gave gurguddi to Sahib Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji at Nanded he did parkarama around Aad Granth Sahib Ji and did mutha, people forget or do not know that Guru Ji as well as doing parkarama around Aad Granth Sahib Ji, did parkarma around a kirpan and did mutha to a kirpan that was placed before the Aad Granth Sahib Ji.

As Jassa Ji has so perfectly quoted As Kirpan Khando Kharg...Peer is the muslim word for Guru, remember Guru Ji knew many languages as can be seen in his writings.

God gives life, God takes life, Kal tuhi Kali tuhi - again Guru Ji is saying that the Kirpan, the shaster is death and the Godess of death, and another name for God, as mentioned by Mahakaal is Mahakaal.

The shabad I have quoted Jassa on and have quoted myself is from Dasam Granth Sahib, and is from Shaster Naam Mala, literally meaning repeatition of shasters names.

For more in depth, and in my opinion, intellectual explanation of this bani, check out Gursikhijeevan.com or Gurmatveechar.com and search for Bir Rassi Dasam Bani by Bhai Sahib Bhai Balbir Singh.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

does this mean you would do the names of the shastras like on a bead or sumtin?