Anand Karaj Why Does This Happen?

...i've been told by a family member from punjab that the reason that the brothers do it, is becuase its like the brothers are passing her on from their protection to the husbands.

Thats the reason i always thought i did it and it has been confirmed for me. I dont see any wrong in doing this. and yes it is punjabi tradition...lets not forget we are actually of punjabi origin...not everything has to be 100% sikhi.

i also heard that the actuall thing was becose of this girl which had problem in walking...so the brothers stand to hold her....bt nowdays we can see hw people will simply go and stand...even those people rarely come to gurdwara will be ready to stand there.....1 more thing...the gurudwara i go.....wen i was very small....but i still remember clearly that....they use to throw flower or shining paper during the lava....so can u just imagine how many people will be standing.....later on it was stop...as smone realize that it is manmat....thank waheguru....