How To Convert To Sikhism?

Guest A Muslim Guy

Guest A Muslim Guy

I want to know how to convert?

what would I have to do practically/physically? any rituals I have to perform?

or is it ok just to convert in my heart and mind?

Guest Guest

genuinity of this msg, i am unsure

you could easily do any search for ur answers whilst on the internet right now......!

rituals??...............

did not know there were any...........!

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

All people, sikhs or not, in order to "become" a part of the Khalsa, take Amrit at an Amrit Sanchaar. No one is born a sikh, and so it is something that one actively has to do to become.

If you are not interested in that goal, then there are no rules or rituals... just pick up the Guru Granth Sahib and read... and try to understand and follow its teachings. That alone makes one a student, or sikh of the guru.

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Guest Narinder Singh

Well since my initial response to the post was deleted for no reason at all i will write something again.

I was told since i am not a sikh...yet that you are a sikh in your heart from the moment you are born and no one can take that away from you.

Am i talking rubbish here?

Please forgive me if i have offended anyone, as that was not my intention.

We can call ourselves whatever we want, and if the teachings of Sikhi and Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji help in your journey as a "human", the more power to you, Guru Granth Sahib ji is for everyone. But what does the Guru expect from his Sikh? What must one do to even be acknowledged as a Sikh of their Guru? What commitment must be made?

If a child is born in a family of doctors, where the mother, father and his/her siblings are also doctors, does that make the child a doctor also? No, one has to earn that title. In Sikhi, one must give his/her head to the Guru to be given the title of a Sikh (something i myself have yet to do). We should also keep in mind that Guru Sahib sanu Amrit dinde neh (not "mein amrit shak leya"), it's all by his grace, some are destined to be blessed with it, some just arent.

The definition of a Sikh is mentioned in the Rehit Maryada also.

Sorry if ive spoken harshly,

Fateh.

Guest Guest

There is no conversion in Sikhism. Rather change and accepting the will of Waheguru.

To get Naam you have to take Amrit from the Panj Pyarey. That is the only commitment ceremony in Sikhi.