vaaheguroo jee kaa khaalsaa, vaaheguroo jee kee fateh, sangat jee

Ever since i have found out what a Jamdhooth is, i have been scared most of the time when i am on my own, its stop some of my sikhi, i know that I should fear nothing or no-one except for vaaheguroo, but my fear is still there, it has affected my sikhi because every time i want to get up for Amrit velaa (it may sound rediculous but) i feel like there is a Jamdhooth is around, or some kind of presence anyway, and its not a happy presence, its horrible, every time i go to have a bath, because there is a window just on the sied, i feel like i'm going to see red eyes and a scary face, i don't know if it's something to worry about, its just that i dont know how to beat the fear, well...i do know what i have to do - JAP NAAM!!! but because i am no true singh, i dont think it seems to help me :@ so maybe...i dont know, what can i do? because i cant think of nothing but to guroo guroo jap. ?????

I also wanted to know, WHAT DO YOU DO IF YOU EVER COME IN CONTACT WITH A JAMDHOOTH?!!? What if you dont have any talvaar's??? Does your kirpaan have to be Sarbloh in order to scare off a Jamdhooth, because i know this really chardhikalaa singh, he is quite old, he does so much Naam Jaap, but he doenst wear Sarbloh kirpaan from what i have seen, unless he wears a sarbloh one underneath his baanaa....

So please tell me all your views on this discussion please, i really need to know and really need some singh-ness put inside me, HELP MEE!!!

P.S. Ardhaas probably won't help me either because i dont do it 'man laa ke' (with any concentration) because i just can't, dont really know how to be honest actually

Kirpaa jee

vaaheguroo jee kaa khaalsaa, vaaheguroo jee kee fateh

Thank you pyaaree sangat jee

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A kirpan should be made out of sarbloh.

But in regards to your concern, JamDoot are not like the Boogey Man in that they'll get you when you least expect it. They are servants of Dharam Rai sent to bring souls after death. The only time you'll see them is when you're dead (and hopefully not even then if you're a Gursikh), not peering at you while you're in the bathroom.

If you read Sohila Sahib at night, you'll be fine, nothing like that can harm you. If you feel nervous, read Rakhiya De Shabad that come before Sohila Sahib. These are like a protective circle that nothing can enter.

vaaheguroo jee kaa khaalsaa, vaaheguroo jee kee fateh, sangat jee

Ever since i have found out what a Jamdhooth is, i have been scared most of the time when i am on my own, its stop some of my sikhi, i know that I should fear nothing or no-one except for vaaheguroo, but my fear is still there, it has affected my sikhi because every time i want to get up for Amrit velaa (it may sound rediculous but) i feel like there is a Jamdhooth is around, or some kind of presence anyway, and its not a happy presence, its horrible, every time i go to have a bath, because there is a window just on the sied, i feel like i'm going to see red eyes and a scary face, i don't know if it's something to worry about, its just that i dont know how to beat the fear, well...i do know what i have to do - JAP NAAM!!! but because i am no true singh, i dont think it seems to help me :@ so maybe...i dont know, what can i do? because i cant think of nothing but to guroo guroo jap. ?????

I also wanted to know, WHAT DO YOU DO IF YOU EVER COME IN CONTACT WITH A JAMDHOOTH?!!? What if you dont have any talvaar's??? Does your kirpaan have to be Sarbloh in order to scare off a Jamdhooth, because i know this really chardhikalaa singh, he is quite old, he does so much Naam Jaap, but he doenst wear Sarbloh kirpaan from what i have seen, unless he wears a sarbloh one underneath his baanaa....

So please tell me all your views on this discussion please, i really need to know and really need some singh-ness put inside me, HELP MEE!!!

P.S. Ardhaas probably won't help me either because i dont do it 'man laa ke' (with any concentration) because i just can't, dont really know how to be honest actually

Kirpaa jee

Thank you pyaaree sangat jee

Fathe,

Veerji Dont be scared, i was went through a similar expierence. First i would like to tell you about the viewings of jamdhoot..I have herd of singhs that were bad but fell in sachi preet with sikh and no do so much naam simran and they start to see jhamdhoots. This is because satguru is telling you that these are the bad things that a manmukh feels and see;s if they dont fall into sachi preet with the true lord. As for you seeing one i dont think it will happen because the thing is veerji, where you scared of them before you knew what they were? So why should you now? Also if you REALLY cant get over this fear read lots of bani and keep wearing your sri sahib, if at anytime you get scared just take hold of it. Remember that wherever naam simran or waheguru is remembered jhamdhoots cant affect you..

Hope i helped

bhul chuk maaf

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fathey!

Guest Gupt Singhni

I think you watch too many horror movies. :@

You have nothing to worry about because a jamdooth does not go near the beloved devotees of Vaheguru. The jamdooth is in fact in fear of the one that japs naam. If you believe Vaheguru is everywhere then how can Vaheguru let a jamdooth harm his gursikhs.

I used to be exactly the same but I was frightened of ghosts. But by continuously japping naam I came over that fear.

Also, by fearing Vaheguru only, you become fearless. Have faith in Vaheguru. :TH:

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

vaaheguroo...

khaalsaa jee's, thank you very much for those comments, they have actually helped, it has made me realise, something just clicked in my mind and it made me think and actually made me badly believe, if i do naam jaap then it's gonna be nowhere near me, hopefully hehe, and it does help holding my sri sahib when i get scared...

Thank you to everyone who has replied and thank you to anybody who will reply after this.

Much appreciated, kirpaa jee

(can't thank you enough :TH: )

Guest Dancing Warrior
vaaheguroo...

khaalsaa jee's, thank you very much for those comments, they have actually helped, it has made me realise, something just clicked in my mind and it made me think and actually made me badly believe, if i do naam jaap then it's gonna be nowhere near me, hopefully hehe, and it does help holding my sri sahib when i get scared...

Thank you to everyone who has replied and thank you to anybody who will reply after this.

Much appreciated, kirpaa jee

(can't thank you enough :TH: )

You’ve never met a Jamdhoot, so how can you be afraid of something you don’t know?

Gurfateh jio

sorri 4 l8 reply but i fort id write this omg i went fru da same thing! i fort it was just me i use 2 get scared 2 luk at the window 2! someone told me once that wearing an orange kheski helps because khalsa colour! but gess wa! its all an illusion of teh mind as this whole world is an illusioin the only thing true is Waheguru!

But wat i do wen i feel a bit scared is repeat the firstfew lines of this shabad!

soriT mhlw 5 ]

sorath mehulaa 5

Sorat'h, Fifth Mehl:

nwil nrwiexu myrY ]

naal nuraaein maerai

The Lord is always with me.

jmdUqu n AwvY nyrY ]

jumudhooth n aavai naerai

The Messenger of Death does not approach me.

kMiT lwie pRB rwKY ]

kunth laae prubh raakhai

God holds me close in His embrace, and protects me.

siqgur kI scu swKY ]1]

sathigur kee such saakhai

True are the Teachings of the True Guru. ||1||

guir pUrY pUrI kIqI ]

gur poorai pooree keethee

The Perfect Guru has done it perfectly.

dusmn mwir ivfwry sgly dws kau sumiq dIqI ]1] rhwau ]

dhusumun maar viddaarae sugulae dhaas ko sumath dheethee

He has beaten and driven off my enemies, and given me, His slave, the sublime understanding of the neutral mind. ||1||Pause||

pRiB sgly Qwn vswey ]

prabh sugulae thaan vusaaeae

God has blessed all places with prosperity.

suiK sWid iPir Awey ]

sukh saadh fir aaeae

I have returned again safe and sound.

nwnk pRB srxwey ]

naanuk prubh surunaaeae

Nanak has entered God's Sanctuary.

ijin sgly rog imtwey ]2]24]88]

jin sugulae rog mittaaeae

It has eradicated all disease. ||2||24||88||

hope it helps sorri if doesnt or if sed nefin wrong! wjkk wjkf!