~ Camps Camps Camps - 2007 ~

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa, Vaheguru ji ki fateh!

All updates/information for the camps will be in this thread, all other threads will be removed.

Members can use bold or colorized fonts to differentiate between their camp and others, as whoever is interested in information regarding a camp can refer to this single thread. Thank you.

It has been pinned.

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa, Vaheguru ji ki fateh!

KHALSA CAMP : Khalsa Camp 2007 will run from Saturday 18th August through till Thursday 23rd August 2007.

www.khalsacamp.com

KC07Ad.jpg

SIKHI CAMP : Sikhi Camp will run from Saturday 26th August through till 1st Sept 2007.

SikhStudentCampPoster.jpg

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Previous post:

Watch this space for more details

http://www.sikhicamp.org/

Please see attached poster.

Post by singhni:

some constructive critisism, i hope.

lectures wernt very good last year, there was no sort of progression from one topic to another, i don't think.i mean some were "funny" i think, but i didnt leave them feeling that had something to take home with me... i think if you really want to find out how good the lectures were you should hand out appraisal forms after each and every lecture..i think thats very important.

i think especially for those who are just getting into sikhi it was good while it lasted at the camp, but then there was not much to take home from the camp, and i think that is quite important. camps are not real life...and if they are to benefit people then they have to in a way that people can carry on trying to live in a similar way when they return home.

Maybe there need to be some sort of workshop system-inspirational...general facts..basics maybe..more focus on gurugranthsahibji as the ultimate source...so much inspiration from shabad...maybe there needs more focus on that.

erm..we need more interaction i think, it was a bit.."everyone has their own groups" sort of thing and it would be nice if there was more mixing between those who feel they are fairly "developed" in their sikhi..and those who feel they are less developed..so much inspiration for both sides to be had if only more opportunity for interaction, especially on bibiyaan side-i know this is something that organsiers cant really make happen, maybe just more workshops and discussions could be facilitated..about the groups- i think sparate groups were good, but maybe groups could be mixed up, so the campers dont juts get the view of their group leaders, but have experience of different group leaders..not just different views, but generally different perspectives, different gursikhs.

Also the poster seems a bit full on…I don’t know who this camp is for anymore? Who is the target audience…this poster seems to be attracting those who are already into sikhi properly but only need a little push. i like the idea of ingreedients of a sikh A LOT, but maybe the bata and khanda is a bit full on?

in geenral the whole atmoshphere of the camp was a bit weird. there was friction in between the bibyiaan and seperate amritvela and what not caused some friction between the singhs..maybe accomodation for bibiyaan this year could be more "together".

THe camp was ok, but the camps seem to be getting progressively worse and i know this isnt just my opinion.

It would be nice if both amrithdaris and non continue to come becuase that was a positive aspect of the camp.

i hope i havnt been too negative, there were lots of positives but if eveyone keeps talking about the positives then theres no progression.

Vahegurujikakhalsa Vahegurujikifateh

post-443-1176917940.jpg

Cant wait for the camp to take place again this, year, previous camps have been absolutely brilliant and with guru jis kirpa this will continue! Bhenji thanks for the points you have raised above, im sure the organisers will take your comments on board, please could you perhaps also email the organisers directly so that they know your feedback. Just a few of my own thoughts as somebody who has also attended the last few camps, I think the difficulty all camps have is in pitching the parchar at the correct level. Given that this camp is, as you said a mixture of all people, this can be difficult as some people such as yourself may find it ‘below you’ while others may find it too difficult to understand. So lectures etc will always be a hit and miss with some people, generally having spoken to many campers last year, both at and after the camp, they enjoyed them and did actually learn a lot. If you didn’t find them useful then hopefully the talks this year will prove to be better and with guru jis kirpa we can all learn.

In terms of people taking things away from the camp, again I think it is dependant on who you speak to. On a personal note, my own younger sister attended last years camp and it actually inspired to start doing daily nitnem and she actually took amrit soon after the camp and has since been living a gursikh life!! I also know of a number of other guys (and girls) who have kept the kes, started reading gurbani, doing seva taken amrit etc etc. camps are brilliant as they give people the inspiration to take that extra step forward with their sikhi and with guru ji kirpa they can achieve what may have seemed impossible to them before the camp.

Your comments on workshops are good, and I know that the organisers have been discussing that already, so fingers crossed there should be more of these this year! With regards to guru grnath sahib ji maharajh, I don’t think anybody could say that there wasn’t enough focus on maharajh! One thing the campers all say is that the amritvele and kirtan darbars etc at the camp are brilliant.

Im not sure what you mean in terms of peoples ‘own groups’ if campers wish to spend their free time with their mates then that’s their choice, the camp groups are setup with a full mix of people, and no groups are ‘amritdhari’ groups or ‘non amritdhari groups’, that’s not the case at all! I know in the group I was in we had a complete mix of people and had great discussions as a result of this. When you have around 200 campers, logistically you have to work in set groups for the week. These groups are in fact set for only the group discussions and activities, for the rest of the day people mingle as they please! Theres no way you could arrange activities and have productive discussions without having some system in place.

To be honest I quite like the poster! But again I guess its personal choice and preference! Lol the camp has always been aimed at everyone, everyone is welcome to attend and participate and take something away with them. The fact that its been going over 10 years is testament to that! You will always find a complete mix of campers, and the vast majority will have a fantastic experience! If they are already into sikhi they enjoy the kirtan and bhagti and contribute in talks and discussions, if they are new they learn loads from the other gursikhs and seva and kirtan etc. overall I think it’s a brilliant place to learn for people of all experiences of sikhi.

Regarding separate amritvele, there was the main camp amritvela with guru ji, but if people want to do their own nitnem in their own rooms, then that’s there choice really, I think we should all do it together and I know the singhs were asked last year to come and sit in sangat and do it together so that should be cool!

I would disagree that the camps are getting worse!!! Campers come, learn loads and with guru jis kirpa it makes a difference to their lives! Having spoken to many people they love camps and through the year cant wait to go back! Again if this is your personal opinion, then fair enough, but perhaps if you’ve attended a number of camps (which from the sounds of it you have) then this year try being a sevadaar rather then a camper and im sure you will get even more out of it! As with anything in life, the more you put in the more you get out of it! Please don’t take the above as anything other then just my own thoughts on the points you have raised! Im sure the guys in charge of things will appreciate your comments, and your right, progression can only take place with good productive criticisms! Lets make sure we take what is already a fantastic camp and raise to a whole new level!

Again personally I cant wait!!

website hasn't been updated... so i guess sevadars can look into dat.. :@

ssa sariya nu panjaban valo

talkin about da camp ma children went to da camp in coventry n dey loved it sooooooooooooo much

i thnk its gr8, da camps r sumat for our kids 2 learn about sikhi,

da sewadaars did a gr8 job, id like to thank em all......

special thnx to navneet singh who did a gr8 job

man if these kinda Camps Cud be in India....please someone take the Initiative

There's a camp at Baru Sahib every year. I know a couple of people who went there last year from UK, and they loved it!

I went to the BOSS camp a few years ago, but I haven't been back since they restarted. Activities are brilliant! :TH:

What is akitos?

talkin about da camp ma children went to da camp in coventry n dey loved it sooooooooooooo much

you got the name wrong bhai sahib , its navreet singh

you got the name wrong bhai sahib , its navreet singh

sorry i didnt realise wot i typed,

ma kids cant wait for da nex camp,

wen i went 2 da gurdwara on da first day of da camp

i was amazed 2 c al da youngester who r actually amritdaari

they looked gr8 in their dresses (im not sure wot they r called so plz dont b offended)

i thnk ur al doin a gr8 job ere keep it up..........

waheguru ji bless u all